MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

No updates yet. Will let you know when everything comes in.

On another note... just did a quick test with the new DRY driver... it looks like it is a buck driver, but it also works with the MT-G2 with 2S (8.4v). It won't even light up an XM-L with a single 18650, but with two 18350s it lit up and pulled 1.9 amps at the input side. With three cells it did 1.2 amps. This means that it is probably doing 3.6+ amps at the emitter! No mods (yet). Next step is to try the MT-G2 with two and three cells. After that ... going to try to resistor mod the driver (if possible). Also, no audible PWM noise and nice mode spacing!!! This may be promising for the lights that can fit this huge driver.

MT-G2: 2 18350 cells: 3.40 amps 3 18350 cells: 2.10 amps. The driver doesn't get warm at all.

DRY's are direct drive, I thought. Or maybe just in 3S-3S setup? I found them to have high internal resistance compared to the IOS/LCK-LED drivers of 4.5/5A variety.

The old ones were, the new one is a completely different design.

Do these have a fixed step down time when in turbo? It’s prudent but similar to fireworks; safe and sane just isn’t as much fun. Who am I kidding, I know I want one.

Scotty, I think that they do. It says 180 seconds but I haven't timed it yet.

Other good news: the shipment with the drivers, MT-G2s, and various other goodies is finally moving! Hopefully it will be here by the weekend.

Hey Richard, if you ever considering expanding your stock in future to include say…the Convoy L4, you have at least one guaranteed sale here. :smiley:

So the new driver is still in buck mode in turbo when used with a single LED (or whatever results in lower Vout than Vin)?

Looks like it, or else I would have fried that XM-L when I put 3S into the driver. It is no "direct drive" that's for sure, it was regulating because the LED current remained approximately equal with 2S and 3S (based on tailcap current, I need to measure LED current next).

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 Location Time
10 Arrived at Sort Facility SEATTLE - USA SEATTLE, WA - USA 05:13

Looks like they might be delivered today, if not they should be available tomorrow.

That is wonderful news Richard. It means I will get my hands on a super M1 pretty soon… :party:

Oh Goody! Chips and dips! Need me some drivers and chips in the worst way…. the slow boat is going to Mars first. At least we now know we’re MTN Electronics addicts…

Can’t sleep knowing that in a few hours I can get my fix. More divers, XP-G2 gaskets, chips etc etc etc!!!
I guess I will stay up and see if I can be the first one to get some goodies before there all gone.
:party: :party: :party:

No worries, plenty to go around The package was attempted delivery today but it happened to be the little bit where we were away. Will be delivered tomorrow morning.

I…I just want three 105C’s…just three. :_(

I just want 4 Qlites. That’s all I need. I don’t need anything else.
4 Qlites and 100 380 binned 7135’s to put on em. That’s all I need.
4 Qlites and 100 380 binned 7135 chips and 4 35A Efests to power em. That’s all I need.
4 Qlites and 100 380 binned 7135 chips and 4 35A Efests and an Efest LUC to recharge the cells. That’s all I need.
4 Qlites and 100 380 binned 7135 chips and 4 35A Efests and an Efest LUC and some 22 gauge silicone wire. That’s all I need.
4 Qlites and 100 380 binned 7135 chips and 4 35A Efests and an Efest LUC and some 22 gauge silicone wire and a few XM-L2s on Noctigon stars. That’s all I need.
4 Qlites and 100 380 binned 7135 chips and 4 35A Efests and an Efest LUC and some 22 gauge silicone wire and a few XM-L2s on Noctigon stars and some insulation discs. That’s all I need.

(Not sure how Steve Martin ever kept up with it all! He once said people ask him “Steve, how do you always come out on stage and be so funny?” And he told them ” Well, to be funny you have to feel funny. So, every night before I come up on stage I put a piece of bologna in my right shoe. Then I FEEL funny! And it works! Y’all are laughing! :slight_smile: )

You guys all sound like a bunch of crack addicts---flashlight crack addicts!

The goods have arrived! Sorry for the wait!

You will also notice a new "Budget LED" section on the website. These are emitters that I have been amassing over the past few months that I will reflow to a Noctigon MCPCB. Most of them have very little to no use. They will all be tested before shipment. Some of them are "unknown" bins and are marked accordingly.

The price on the color XM-L driver has gone down along with the color XM-L (I received a price break and am passing it on).

The goods have arrived, lets see how long they last. :slight_smile: Doing my part, you have my new order. :wink:

So much to buy, so little time…

OUT OF MY WAY! I’ve been in withdrawal longer then you other scumbags! * twitch* F@$%ING MOVE! I’ll cut ya! |( :Sp |(

I mean… Pardon me, fellow BLF buddies, I’m in quite a bit of need. Would you perhaps be so kind as to let me cut in line? I would be ever so grateful. :face_with_monocle:

twitch

Hey man…. I heard you got the good stuff. *scratching arm, eye twitching
I can smell the circuits from here!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Would you happen to be getting some non-efest 16340?