MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Wow! Looks good.

Mmmm a boost driver for one would be great too. I have a 2xseries light I would be happy to change to the new emitter plus a boost driver. I don’t usually need the 2xseries run time.
on a different topic… I know you had a slow down with shipping early this week / late last week… are orders going out soon (if ordered last Sunday/Monday?

Would buy a few also

Yup.

The Vin is 12v from a 3s lipo, so to make the vin closer to vout I would have to increase the voltage.
The BEC is bringing 12.6v down to 8.

Since the driver is meant for 2s, that would be 7.4-8.4v, so I thought 8v was a pretty safe bet right in the middle.
I guess I might be able to run 8.5 or even 9v without the driver dying, but I’d rather not risk it.

We have a deal! There will be some E2L hosts and lights (bodies not glued) soon.

DUBS on the first 25 drivers you produce. Want payment now :+1:

How about having a bidding war or a lottery on those drivers, when the vapor condenses into hardware?

Well, he does already have an eBay account. So, a “bidding war” would be easy to accomplish. :money_mouth_face:

Nah, just do it by seniority. :wink:

Just grabbed a S2 Triple Nichia.
Thank you Richard

Thank you Richard, let my darn thread notices lapse was just at your store debating these 50.2’s I just bumbled upon while there and NOW I read your C8 smooth post, argh, somedays, I am on my way back, now… Thank you for taking the time, if I could only just stay on top of these post alerts or find away for them to just keep coming and not stop because I missed one, irritating at times, Thank you for C8 info, hope I am in time… Thanks again Richard…!

I’d be so stoked to have functional and thoughtfully-designed boost drivers.

Thanks chooma!

Good to hear you will be stocking some Jaxman products RMM!! :+1:

A big thank you for that, to you…. as well as Jaxman & T18 ! :slight_smile:

Ahhhh. Nice.

Driver question — is this one:

QLITE 6V+ Zener Mod - For 6V MT-G2/XHP

suitable to run 3 LEDs in series, with 2 cell hosts?

(I can get color Luxeon Rebel triples on boards, but only in series layout, and my soldering skills for tiny little boards are, um, dangerous to the hardware.
I’ve tried converting the boards to parallel and ruined a couple)

Yes, although the efficiency of course will depend greatly on the difference between vin/vout, although with 3x red LEDs you will be somewhere around 6.2v-7v depending on the emitter so there will be some decent heat there with two full batteries. Have you measured vF at your expected operating current?

> measured …?
Not yet. Just puzzling over what choices to make.

Have you noticed Jaxman has a 2-AA-cell light now?
That would be an interesting host to offer, if possible ….

Edit: Hi Hank never mind previous post just trying to protect Jaxman from what he tells me he hates the most, guess I’m mislead, I just found out the fella has started a compete thread for the M2 and all about how modable this light is and so do what you would like, makes no difference anymore, sure hope I didn’t offend you in anyway my friend, he says one thing and does another, so that is it for me, but certainly would be a nice light to get local with all the capabilities. https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/44770/58”:https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/44770/58

He who?