MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

It is when I try to log in I’m getting the warning. I have deleted my history including cookies etc…

I also tested that. I am able to log in and complete a checkout without any issues. Is anyone else having a problem?

I’m on IE 11 and can login and look around with no warnings.

I got warning too but no big deal just accept it and it’s gone

What exactly does the warning say? Need to start there.
Which version of chrome?

The tab says SSL error. The message says
The site’s certificate is not trusted!
You attempted to reach www.mtnelectronis.com, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer’s operating system. This may mean that the server has generated it’s own security credentials which chrome cannot rely on for identity information or an attacker maybe trying to intercept your communication.
You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning from this site before.
Then there are two buttons one says proceed anyway, the oher says back to safety.
How do I tell what version of Chrome I’m using?

“You attempted to reach www.mtnelectronis.com
Is that a typo or is mtnelectronics actually misspelled in the warning?

The warning makes it sound like your chrome is not trusting the certificate authority server (GeoTrust DV SSL CA) for some reason.

No problem on Chrome 31.

Typo. Not too good at typing anyway but worse on the tablet.

Tried using Opera Mini with no problem.

Found the version, Chrome 32.

I'm on Chrome 34, Safari 7.0.3.

If you ever get “site’s certificate is not trusted!” while your on wifi, don’t ignore it / just accept it. It could be a rouge wifi access point doing man-in-the-middle. Risk of a rouge access point should be low at home but near a coffee shop, public wifi, malls, public areas, ect risk is higher. Even if you think your wifi is secure, they keep finding new vulnerabilities in wifi encryption.
If your connected by ethernet wire or connected via mobile cellular (with wifi turned off) you can be relatively safe assuming the error isn’t a real threat.

Ran a few SSL tests, everything checks out fine.

Are VTC5s going to be in stock soon? Was hoping to pick up a few more. I heard that HK customs is holding a crap ton of vtcs cause of a UL sticker… Was wondering if that has had any bearing on your store. Also, I received 6 vtc5s that I ordered recently. Shipping was super fast! Great service. Only place I want to spend my dough.

PS… New member here, been lurking for quite some time! Have learned a lot from all of you, just wanted to say thanks.

no problems with Win7 and CoolNovo Version 2.0.9.20 (Chome based)

but i get no page when i klick the link above…

hmm… actually yesterday was the first for me to receive those warnings…I’m using firefox.
well it’s too late now I’m already clicked OK, comes to think of it the warnings came after windows automatically updated the Microsoft security essentials :~

Will my M6, order number 1167, 04/04/2014, make it out before 4/25?

Yes, it should. If not, outstanding custom builds will continue to be periodically worked on and shipped out during this time period but no new orders will be accepted.

There is a large shipment of LEDs arriving today, I apologize for being out of stock on many items this past week. Here's what should be in stock by this evening:

• MT-G2s
  • XM-L2 1A, 1D, 3C, 4C, on Noctigons & 1A Bare LED
  • XP16 MCPCBs

Also, I will be adding a few new products such as a "DIY" kit for building your own FET driver with the BLF Oshpark boards. The kit will include the board, pre-flashed MCU, FET, spring, wire, and all of the capacitors/resistors needed to make it run. I expect it to run around $6 for everything needed.

For those of you waiting for your custom build orders, rest assured that I am working overtime to get them done while not sacrificing quality.

Thanks!

RMM, on your custom built S3, triple XP-G2 lights, are the emitters wired in parallel? With proper heatsinking, what is the max current an XP-G2 can handle? I’m sure this info is already posted here somewhere, but I haven’t run across it yet.

I’m asking because I want to modify an existing triple LED light that has a series driver that I like. I haven’t measured the LED current from this driver yet, but i know it’s way less than 3A.

Yes, they are in parallel and use a 7135 linear regulated driver. A single XP-G2 can handle at least 4.4A on copper, I've built a few lights that do that with a 20R, although the efficiency isn't very good at that level. In the small tube lights I generally stick to around 6A maximum, which gives you around 2A per XP-G2. This gives you insane output but you can only run it for around 90 seconds in an S3 before it gets too hot. You could probably do 9A+ with an FET driver but the amount of heat produced vs. output gained probably isn't worth it in a small tube light.

FYI the 3XP MCPCB can be configured for either series or parallel configuration.