MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Hey Ricard when will you get more Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh Button Top Unprotected batteries in stock?
Thanks

Saypat The Atmel atiny13 chip saves the last mode when you turn it off. This requires the addition of a capacitor and different firmware for the Qlite driver. Normaly the atiny saves the mode when you turn it on and leave it in that mode for around 2 seconds but that can also be changed with different firmware from .5 to 5 seconds

With a typical Nanjg 105c or other driver that does not use an electronic switch, you click it on, then do a half-press to switch to the next mode. If you turn it off after briefly using it, then when you next turn it on, it will be in the NEXT mode… not the one you turned it off in. You have to leave it lit for at least 2 seconds, for the light to remember that mode.

This is because the processor in the light only works when the light is on. The processor has no way to differentiate a half-press to change modes from actually turning the light off. Both actions cut the power, and it has no way to tell how long the power was cut. To workaround this problem, the MCU instead times how long you leave the light on in a mode. If you leave it on at least 2 seconds, it remembers that mode and will not advance to the next when the switch is next pressed.

With off-time memory, CORRECTION: please see RMM’s post below explaining how off-time memory works.

With off-time memory, I can switch the light on for a half-second, then switch it off. When I switch it back on it will ALWAYS be in the mode I left it in when I turned it off, regardless of how long I actually left the light on in that mode before turning it off. Much more intuitive… completely eliminates the problem of the mode changing when not intended.

This isn't quite right. Nothing is timed by the MCU and the small capacitor does not run the MCU; instead, the capacitor charged while the MCU is running then on MCU initial startup it checks the voltage on that pin. If it is above the set threshold then it switches modes, if not, it stays put. Where the timing comes into play is knowing how fast that capacitor will drain down to a certain voltage once the MCU switches off.

Ah… thanks for clarifying. It works great! :bigsmile:

I’d be interested in any insanely bright lights using MTG2’s, In insanely small packages. The TK61 sounds good too. It should be a monster. Richard, I think I already have all your lights, time to expand with new, crazy performing offering!

Maybe a super mule MT-G2 S3?

I think now I cannot resist buying the M6 anymore. :open_mouth:
When do you have time for the instrunctions?
And how big is the differnce in current per LED between Mod option 1 and 2?

Headlight mods?

Not sure I can give a time frame, or even if it will happen at all. It takes a lot of time to make good instructions. There is almost 2000 lumens difference between the two, but only with fully charged high drain cells. With normal cells or partially discharged cells the difference isn't as big.

Any idea when the mod options are back?

Also - What is your plan for the super shocker? The 4.5A driver?

I have a ShockerVN from vinh and wouldn’t mind doing some comparisons!

By 5/19, but maybe a bit sooner.

I've already built a few super shockers for a few customers who requested them. I tried all of the driver options available to me and ended up with the FET driver, which gave around 6.5A to each LED with good cells. You also get nice mode options. It measured 4400 lumens at 30 seconds with VTC4 cells, with dedomed emitters. With domed emitters it would be over 5000 lumens but with less throw.

Well i am definitely interested in one of those then

my finger is on the trigger button for one of those s3 edcs when they come back…. been waiting for like 3 months! lol.

any idea if the 5a1 tint will be available? its not in the options anymore… not a big deal if its not, 3c is still nice :slight_smile:

Yes, the 5A1 will still be available. Starting later this week I will put all of that stuff back on the website. I'm not out of stock (I've got tons of parts to build the mods) but have been "out of time".

Does the FET Driver DIY Parts Kit include a 10k resistor? I only see a 100 Ohm listed.

The 70N02 Mosfet boards provide a spot for a 100 and 10k on the pwm.

I don’t think anyone has actually needed to populate the 10k. The pads were placed as a contingency.

Hey Richard, I always go to your site to see what’s new. Something I need to add to my collection. I notice in the battery section that there can be dramatic purchases from day to day. One day you have 150 in stock and the next day you have 10 !? Are these 1 to 4 unit buys or are people swooping in and buying 30-40 at a pop? Your prices are very fair. Have you become a wholesaler for other businesses? Just curious.

Regards

I know that Richard started as a help measure for us here on the forum, so we could have easier access to the parts we use for modding. As such, when I go to order an item, say a Qlite driver, I pay attention to how many are in stock. I might have several projects in mind and be wanting to purchase 5 or even 10 drivers, but if the available stock on hand is low I only order the one or 2 I need now, so as not to be keeping someone else from also modding their new light.

Seems to me that others are not considerate to the overall enterprise and snatch up large volumes in total disregard to the community at large, yes, as though mtnelectronics were a wholesaler. I also know of other modders taking up a lot of Richards time building drivers for them so they don’t have to do it themselves. Again, to me that seems pretty selfish but it’s all in a day’s work I suppose. That is totally up to Richard to accept or deny as is the wholesaler large order question. No easy answers I’m sure.

To each his/her own I suppose, still doesn’t seem quite right to me and I will continue to be conscientious to the greater needs of the family here.

I would also like to address something that this brings to mind. I have been called condescending, as though I think I am better than anyone/someone else. That simply isn’t so. I suck at so many things and have my own troubles in making lights or cheesecake for that matter. I just know there are right ways and wrong ways to go about things and wish that were more common knowledge. Meaning, pointedly, that I am old fashioned and believe in being proper…a civil manner where greed doesn’t over-ride one’s sense of civil duty.

I haven’t been buying enormous stocks of parts, but personally I don’t see buying out limited stock as a serious issue. If Richard really wanted to limit it he could always add “limit XX per customer” to various items. He hasn’t done so.

Also, not everyone has the capability to make their own drivers. Richard provides a valuable service for those of us who don’t. I can solder or remove components from drivers, but I don’t currently have the capability to flash or program my own firmware.