MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

I purchased all 4 lenses and tried them in my S6 SSSP. The legs seem quite durable to me. I haven’t had any break off. They didn’t even break off when I polished my 10511 with the optic sitting in a star mounted to a cordless drill while I pressed on the optic as it rotated.

I’ve built other lights using the same optics that were pressed VERY firmly into their bezel o-ring when the bezel is tightened…. again no damage to the legs.

My favorite is the 10511. It produces a good amount of spillbeam with an extremely smooth blend into a nice wide hotspot. Perfect for indoor home use. For even more throw polish the front face with jeweler’s rouge.

include a step by step by step instructional video with the kit :wink:

(if no video is included I will continue to watch Toykeepers ‘do it yourself’ threads) Many thanks Toykeeper!

What whould be the cheapest way to get a M6 with a lot of Lumens? (if someone can solder and do some metalwork - but dont programm ICs) and a good compromise with runtime :wink: M6 + Mod1? + which Batteries?

You can up the lumens without modifying the IC at all, just add sense resistors or bridge them then copper braid the tailcap springs. t For a good compromise of runtime + power just add another 50 ohm or so resistor to the existing bank, that should get you real close to 3000 lumens.

Hi Richard. What you wrote here, is that what you have included on Mod #1 for the M6 on your site? Thanks!

Then you are good, or lucky, or maybe some of us have ones with flaws.

They can and will break. A triple optic is already floody but the wider angles seem to be a bit smoother.

Fortunately, they’re cheap enough you can buy extras and have spares on-hand :smiley:

Not like the $25 fresnel lens I destroyed yesterday… Oops! :ghost:

Those aren’t going to stay as detailed as they have been… I just figured the first one or two should go over every little thing.

In any case, it might be a while before I do another mod… I have a big work trip coming up and I need to focus on that.

Added a DIY parts kit here. Sorry, no time for instructions right now.

thanks - I put an eye on that afterwards…

more important: did you pass the exam?

I won't know for another month or so, these are not "normal" exams.

-One essay exam is usually your entire grade for the semester.
-This exam is timed (usually around three hours), and believe me there isn’t enough.
-Exams are graded on a straight curve. Approximately only the top 10% can get A’s, the next 15% B’s, the next 30% C’s. There are necessarily losers in this game. It is you against everyone else, straight up…sometimes 1% of raw exam score separates the A from the B students.
-You are in a class of people who were at the top of their undergraduate classes and that are just as smart, or smarter than you are. You have no raw capability advantage (the only advantage you can get is to out study and out work them.)
-You are with a group of people who are driven and highly motivated, not only because of their personalities, but also because they are spending $20,000 per semester to be there and have a lot to lose.
-You have studied insane amounts of complex material and you don’t know what will be on the exam.
-The only way to win is to do better than everyone else, and you only get one shot to do it.

That is law school in a nutshell. Most lawyers will tell you that it was one of the most stressful things they’ve ever gone through. The feeling of uncertainty is insane…you have no way to know how you’re doing compared to the rest of the class at any point throughout the semester. If you're thinking about going to law school, my recommendation is to run...far away!

sounds horrible…

I am glad i’m 40 and don’t have to go to school again :wink:

on the other hand - I am medical engineer and there are a lot of trainings …

I studied a criminal law elective in Australia. I thought I was pretty smart with my social science subjects, getting HDs consistently. And then criminal law came along and all I could manage was a PASS. Shattered!! haha. Very interesting learning though. The foundational cases setting precedent are really interesting to study! Goodluck with that RMM; from my brief affair with law I can understand how intense it is!

Hey guys, I was thinking about a few summer projects and for some dumb reason got the itch to try modding a few "expensive" lights. I pulled the trigger on a TK61. Any interest in these? I'm not planning on straying from the budget path, but I will hopefully have a bit more time in the coming weeks and would like to try something new along with my "normal" stuff. I've yet to see how hard it will be to mod, but I'm thinking somewhere around $200 would be a fair price for a dedomed/cranked up version.

A few other items on the plate for the upcoming weeks:

• The return of all of the existing mods (S3 EDC, "Super" XinTD, SRK, M6, etc.)
  • A few new mods:
    • BTU "Super" Shocker (limited run of about 5 for now)
    • "Mega" XinTD MTN (MT-G2 XinTD, hopefully with low voltage monitoring!)
    • 16340 XP-G2
    • Headlamp Mods
  • Full line of BLF drivers, both pre-built and as parts kits. I will be offering the PCBs for 50% of the regular Oshpark cost.
  • Possibly a few Fenix modded lights over the summer

Hey guys, I was thinking about a few summer projects

“Mega” XinTD MTN (MT-G2 XinTD, hopefully with low voltage monitoring!)

16340 XP-G2

… can’t be soon enough! Excited!

very nice!

Mega XinTD sounds awesome…

Those all sound pretty interesting, but especially the pre-built BLF drivers. I’m quite likely to need a DrJones Quasar driver soonish, unless I can figure out how to flash my Blackshadow Terminator. It’d also be nice to upgrade my SRK.

“Mega” XinTD MTN (MT-G2 XinTD, hopefully with low voltage monitoring!)”

Number 1 is mine (in neutral tint, please)!

Richard - could there possibly be an option for the fancy new high cri 3000k mtg2? :slight_smile:

If I could find some at a decent price!

I just installed my first off-time memory driver from RMM.

This driver is AWESOME! Off-time memory is sooo much more intuitive than a conventional driver. Frankly, ALL flashlights that don’t use electronic switches should have off-time memory. :bigsmile:

Hello. Would you mind explaining what ‘off time memory’ is/does? Appreciate that, thanks.