MTN Electronics: LEDs - Batteries - Lights - Chargers - Hosts - Drivers - Components - 1-Stop-US Source

Around 4700 lumens OTF with high discharge cells at 30 seconds, 5000 lumens at startup. This is giving about 6.5A on startup.

Somehow I doubt that… unless by “bro” you mean “sis”.

My apologies. I’m really been guilty of having my head in a light lately.

Yep Illuminaria, we have at least 2 brilliant female flashaholics here. :slight_smile:

Rich, I’m getting 4900 at start and loving it. At those levels it has to fall pretty far before it becomes visibly obvious. I didn’t use a kit form to get there but modified mine much the same way Richard did his, and with his help for the UI in the STAR firmware. Love how that works, by the way.

This M6 is my most powerful light by a fair margin, backed up by my Solarforce M8 at 4200 OTF. The Terminator is in the same range if not actually passing my M8, but the M6 and Terminator both have multiple emitters while the M8 is doing it with an MT-G2.

DBCstm;

Is your Terminator modified and if so is there a article on site about doing so? I have a stock Terminator and it is an impressive light for the price. IMO more of this category of small blowtorch lights should have a handle but I suspect that it would lead to too many users trying to run their lights too hot much of the time.

The terminator is pretty easy to mod, but I suspect you might want to replace the emitter wires with thicker ones, in addition to the usual tail-spring copper braid and such. I hear there are some resistors on the driver you can bridge for significantly higher output. Also, it wouldn’t hurt to replace the LEDs with the brightest XM-L2s on copper, and file off any unevenness on the plates where the stars rest.

I’m planning to mod or replace the driver on mine to give it different modes and UI, but I don’t really care about maximum lumens. Maybe I’ll bump up the lumens later when I’m messing with the driver, but mostly I went for wide-spectrum output instead.

On that note, I think I decided to do something similar with my SRK, because I’m spoiled by the vivid colors my BST-wide makes and would hate to skip the opportunity to make another light with such nice color.

The U2 1A tint is out of stock right now, but I think I found a different suitable configuration — T4 7B3 + T6 4C + U2 1D. This works out to about 4700K and 3058 emitter lumens when driven at 9A. It’d actually run at 11A or 12A, but the 9A value seems reasonable for OTF lumens. To estimate this value, I used the Cree tint chart and output bin specs and came up with this…
>>> (6300 + (3100*0.7998) + (4350*0.9329)) / 2.7327 = 4697 Kelvin
>>> 895 + 1044 + 1119 = 3058 lumens

Although I’d prefer a 1A (~6700K), this might be a better balance since the warmest tint (~3100K) will also not be as warm as I’d like either (8C1/8B4, ~2700K).

The end result should be brighter than the stock SRK ever was, with far better color rendition, more (and better-spaced) modes, a better UI, and no visible PWM. Sounds like a win to me. :slight_smile:

Three. Feel like it might be 4 but can’t bring up the fourth.

Am I the fourth your looking 4?

4th for Bridge or tennis? Golf maybe?

No idea.
The number seems to be going up. Also there is RaccoonCity who was interested in becoming Alice. Probably just to acquire her zombie ass kicking skills.

New dog Rufusbduck?

:bigsmile:

I guess I deserve that. I certainly let the proverbial cat out the bag as in public forum and who’s who. You gals forgive me.

Back to lights, anyone going to do a review on their hot rod M-6? I found group buys and Old-Lumens video review, digging for beam shots.

Edit; that’s M6 as in Supfire…and found this M-6 vs SRK stock lights.

No. That’s her from a few years ago. More how I think of here anyway. The previous pic was from her last morning.

She looks like a great dog. :bigsmile:

She was 16 when she stopped eating and the vet said it was time. She was pedal-to -the-metal right to the end and tapered quickly. I’m glad she didn’t linger but it was a very hard thing to do. I tried to change it but the thumbnail seems to flip between good day and last day.

Very sorry.
Time is too short.

Oh, I read that as yesterday morning not last morning.

So why can we legally end pets and other animals suffering but except for two states it is illegal to help our brethren to do so? IMO this needs reform!

I think perhaps early sometimes. Get carried away and give em too much energy and POOF! There goes another beloved light…

Sorry, thought we needed some levity…

So, this should help…I built my very first super thrower, admittedly not my own, but I took an already modified SR90 from 325Kcd to 590Kcd! Let there be Light! :slight_smile: Good feeling, that! :wink: I removed a modded SBT-70 emitter, figured out how to tweak the stock driver to run a Cree XM-L2 U2 1A and tuned it at 6.62A, 1618 Lumens OTF at start. I figure 1600 from a de-domed XM-L2 is pretty dang good! (They DO NOT like 8.5A, by the way)

Thanks Richard, for your continual guidance and overall good sense in these things! :slight_smile:

Hey guys, just got in some more Efest and Arctic Silver

New:

• Efest 18500 Purple 15A Flat Top

Back in Stock:

• Efest 14500 IMR V2 Button Top

All Arctic Silver products now have plenty of stock as well.

OK, don't know if I'd really call this a TK61mtn, but I've got a TK61 I'd like to sell.

$160 + shipping with dome
$175 + shipping dedomed
(shipping cost depends on where to and what type of shipping, estimate $14 for USA shipping.)

A few details:

• Approximately 5.8A to the emitter (stock measured around 2.8A on my meter, so this is about double.)
  • Measured an approximate 50% increase in output vs. the stock light.
  • Four improved MOSFETs stacked to handle the increased current
  • Arctic Silver 5 thermal compound under MCPCB and pill ledge
  • Has been tested in several 10+ minute turbo runs, but there is no guarantee that this driver/LED will last forever. I don't foresee any unusual issues, but I can't guarantee that there won't be any in the future.

This was my test build light, so I played a lot with the driver (so if it looks like components have been played with inside, they have) but everything is working well now, except the momentary turbo function (turbo from off) only stays on for a few seconds sometimes after the mod. Vinh noted that his mods do this as well, no real explanation for it but everything else works normally.

Personally, I like the light with the dome on because this light's distance is already pretty much limited by environmental haze and dust and I prefer a bit wider beam, but if you want the king of LED thrower numbers then dedomed is what you want. There is an extra charge because of the time involved dedoming, reflowing, filing the centering piece/reflector if needed (adjusting focus), etc.

If interested, PM me.