My BT-C3100 v2.2 failing completely - now not working at all.

And I am not going to. I sure understand what Bugsy mean. I also understand what you myhken wants to share your experience, but the thing is that you(everyone) dont read every threads. You read the thread subject and who started it, and then make up your mind. Do see where I am getting to? You have been unlucky recently… Everybody will sooner or later have some issues with seller and products… Actually my fan in Opus 2.2 has been wobbly since I bought it. I know I can take it apart and lube it, but I will probable ending up in buying a new when it dies(more fun to mod flashligts) :slight_smile:

In short term: Find the balance

Yes, on offers like this, I can not buy one, wait a month to get it, then see that it’s gold, the best light ever, then try to order more, but then the offer is over, or the stock is empty.
So I ordered actually 6 I see now, two of each tint. Thees lights will not be sold. I will keep one of each tint my self, and maybe some in my family or friends get a new flashlight for Christmas :wink:

So with other offers on stores also. If GB, BG or some other store have a really good offer for one day, or only a few days, and it’s seems like a good product. People say it’s good. Then I can’t just buy one to test it, if I have plans to sell it. But if it’s just for me, one is good.

Same with my battery buying on Alibaba also. I needed some stock to start selling, but I did not want 100 or more of one type. I wanted several types, and I wanted to use several sellers, hoping that at least one of them was honest.
I asked for samples, but you have to pay for the batteries, and the shipment, and if you use slow shipping, it can take 50 days before it comes, if you use expedited shipment, the price got close to $100 just for some test batteries. I could not afford use so much money on just testing, so I took some risks, ordering a total of 200 batteries from three sellers.
A mix of imported brand batteries and their own brands. But I was not impressed by their own brands, but I was happy with the imported brands.
And with fast shipment, the price was still very good.

Getting HOT very fast is unavoidable in such a small light I think.

myhken,

I first took notice of you when you complained that an Xiaomi Style battery box caught fire when you put a cell into it. You uploaded pictures of the near disaster. After reading your posts and your explanations I at first became skeptical and then convinced that you shorted out the box intentionally before heyou inserted the first cell.
The evidence shown from the pictures you uploaded. You stated that this happened as you inserted the first cell.

A lot of current has passed through that first spring. For the box to have shorted out, the current would have had to travel to the left and through each of the other 3 springs to make it to the front side of the box. But as the top arrow shows, no current flowed pass that point. What can be inferred from that same picture though, is that there was a jumper installed at that point and laying across to the front side. In fact the second arrow shows some charred material from that jumper laying in the path.
There is no way for the current to have reached the positive end of the inserted cell otherwise. It definitely did not travel through the other springs.

Here is a picture of the cell that was inserted when the damage occurred

From this picture and others to follow I can tell that this cell was inserted negative side last. I noticed that only the edge of this end is affected as it made contact with the CENTER of the spring first as it was still fully extended.
This next picture shows 2 things, first that you have cleaned up the residue in the tray left behind by the jumper that also fried and that mark where the positive end of the cell made contact with the plus header in the unit. The position of that shows that the cell was placed in the carrier positive end first.

Here are corresponding marks on the cell, not as traumatic as the markings on the springs because there is more mass to absorb heat before they get glowing hot.

Here is where I believe the other end of the jumper was connected

This was done, in my mind, to introduce yourself to this community and create some attention for all else that was to follow. We know all that happened since then.

In my opinion, based on the evidence above, and what has transpired since, that your intent is to sully this forum, some it’s “favorite” products and it’s supporting vendors.

Nice work with the pictures. You can belive what ever you want, it was only one battery in the power bank and it was the battery in the picture. Lets brake it down:

The second arrow points to dust from the floor when I trow the PB after it “took fire”. It landed under there I have my clothes hanging, so it’s more dust there. So it is not a burn mark, and that the reason why you don’t see it in any other pictures, since it has blown away or fell off.

I have not cleaned it at all. So nice try, but dust is dust, not burn mark. What do you mean with the jumper? That I put something there to short circuit the unit?

Yes you are right, I put the negative side in last. Did not know that it was any wrong with that? Still, it was the first battery I put in, and the only one. So whats your proof here?

And the point is? Only proof that I only used one battery, that is was inserted the right way, the black spot on the positive side, is also on the positive side on the battery, and the burned plastic etc is on the negative side on the battery, and on the negative side of the power bank.
So what do I miss?

If I had started to put in batteries the wrong way on the other side (I don’t know with you, but I always start at one side, not in the middle), and then put this “last” battery the right way, why is there no damage or marks on any of the other springs or on the positive side? You can see that there is not a scratch mark on the positive side after any battery at all. Since as I have told from the first time, it was the first and only battery I put in.

So I lie…thats it? And the reason? What have I gained from it? If anything, I have just got allot of haters on this forum. So why do you think I need to lie about this issue?
To get my money back? You understand that $80 is not much for me. I earn almost $100.000/year so whats $80 bucks? Why would I make my self a lier for $80?
Or the attention? So many other threads I had with my bad Ebay buys, I had attention here already.

I understand why people believe in Aliens, Area52, thats the US government had put explosive in the World Trade Center and blew it up, not the fire from the airplanes.

I can’t show any more proof (and now I have trow it in the trash :open_mouth: ) so adjust your tinfoil hats, I have destroyed evidence. I kept is too I got the refund. Was pretty sure maybe GB or its manufacturer wanted it, but no. I have no surveillance footage from my bedroom showing what happened. I was alone at home, so not witnesses. The perfect crime. 8) So I got little attention on BLF. :beer: Yea, you took me there…

I’m just glad that you found another $100,000.00 a year job.

The nice things here in Norway when you work for the government, and they close down your workplace, you still is employed and still get your monthly payment.
So yes, I don’t have any work place to go to right now, but I get my paycheck every month, just like when I did have a work place.
But lots of free time, to use on project like the one I have been telling about.

And after some time, if there is no new job you are qualified for, you still get paid the numbers of years you have worked there. So for me, 6 years+. And then you have unenployd payment for two years (just 66% of your salary). Still, if I don’t find a new job, it’s no rush.

So you make a $100.000 off the taxpayers for not working, and now you want to sell flashlights and chargers to the public and deal with their complaints, and issues with bad products.

Are you sure that dealing with the public, and purchasing from Chinese businesses, and reselling flashlights and battery chargers, is the right career choice for you?

Yes, thats how it works. I have paid my taxes all years ( I have worked for more then 14 years, always earned good money, both in the private and the government), so I just see it like I get my own money back. Last year I paid $23.000 in taxes. So far this year I have paid $17.000 in taxes.
And every time I buy something, I have to pay 25% VAT to the government (like on everything), and I have to pay lots of government taxes on fuel, on power, on beer, on smoke (I don’t smoke, but still). In average we pay around 50-60% in some sort of taxes here in Norway.
I have not made the rules for government work. There is not many jobs in my area, or with my education (Bachelor in Social work), so why not see if there is a possible to run a business for my self. I already have my computer business, going very well, but it’s at a point there I have to commit fulltime, get lots more customers etc, if that is going to replace my salary I have now. So I want to work, but there is no work. And I do not go from $100.000 to $40.000 to work in a store or something, with my bachelor degree.
And if I want to live of my computer company, I have to get at least 100 new customers, and raise my prices 2-3 times, most likely loose all my current customers, and then I’m only one of many other that do the same work, and I live in a City with 40.000, so not so many that need computer help all the time (or are willing to pay lots of money for it) or need new websites all the time.

No, but want to see if there is something there.

I at least try to do something, find some new work, not just sitting watching TV and collect my paycheck every month. But of course, that is a bad thing that also. I feel really welcome on this forum…

I'm blown away. Norway, Huh?

You're right. I hate you. For all the wrong reasons.

It WILL get hot very fast, and this is a good thing to most of us ‘mor powrr’ freaks here. :slight_smile: It is the way this and any high A light is designed, so you and myhken, and anyone else who thinks this is a bad thing should know: Do not turn it to full turbo, or instead get a light which runs LEDs below around 2.4A max if you do not want to hold a hot light.

I understand what you are saying Ken, and many of us in the US will be jealous about being able to live unemployed without having to be living off the streets…our country is extremely bad for people who are out of work, but our taxes are lower. To make 66k looking for work for up to two years after making 100k/year is a complete fairytale to people in the USA. Heck anymore even retirement is out of most average people’s range here.

I think maybe some problems in communication have happened on this forum with you, possibly making some take you the wrong way. This plus the above, plus your posting about every little thing is just rubbing some the wrong way. I kind of think you may be a bit naiive about batteries and chargers etc, like most people when they start out, but you just dove right in and made major purchases without knowing very much.

I hope you didn’t do anything to that charger but I’m not going to accuse you of anything, and I’m not going to assume anything. I just see you need to learn much more about batteries, chargers and lights and hope you do read/learn more, they can be dangerous, and you are putting yourself in a position to be the “authority” and sell to others, that multiplies the danger.

Possibly the best idea for you is to read, and ask and buy what other more experienced people recommend, experiment with that, see if you can sell those instead of random stuff that looks good, when you don’t really know what good is for certain yet.

Good Day Myhken,

Welcome to BLF!!!

It is human nature to be suspicious of any new member that starts off by complaining loudly, & ?maybe? excessively.

But we still welcome you, just make sure you interact with other members in a positive manner, & thus contribute to the community.

Also english is not your primary language, & we should all make allowances.

Best Regards,

George

Well B42 confirms that’s the case. Hope Turbo is usable, though, for a couple of minutes and then cools down fast.

It should, if you use your hand as a heatsink and don’t mind a little heat, and aren’t running it where its very hot outside. To reduce the heat, use a battery like a Panasonic 3400mAh NCRB, it will lengthen your runtime too! Plus you can always go back down a level or two with this great UI in an instant.

Think if this like a car and you are the driver. You CAN get all kinds of speeding tickets with it, or kill yourself without a speed governor, but if you drive responsibly and don’t give it full throttle all the time, its a great tool to have when you need it!

Turbo has a timer (Thank you TK !! )

Just as B42 says....you have quite a bit of input into the power level of this light with battery choice. Standard protected batteries like the Panasonic NCR18650B are a very good choice. That is also the wonderful thing about this UI. You can choose memory or always start on moon and you can choose to have 4 or 7 evenly spaced levels of brightness (**Note that moon is available with 7 levels and low is with 4 levels as stated several times)

TO BE CLEAR to everybody....I have been using my A6 prototypes (and F30 with matched specs excecpt one without a Turbo timer) for hours upon hours every night for several months. I am in Turbo 99% of the time continuously for several minutes at a time without a turbo timer. I have never been burned nor have any of the lights ever self destructed. I can assure and guarantee that we have more tested hours on this light than any other sold. :)

Take up yoga. You are going to be a disaster as a retailer.

I’m on your side for that part, they are trying to curb the issue, but not in proper way.

What I mean with ourself is for personal interest.

I thought you had lost your job, hence the small shop idea. Putting the battery in a charger Positive side first concerns me. How did you compress the spring?

nice to hear that ..

thanks for getting back to us .