New build. Monster 9 amp MTG-2 or bust. Updated post 66, 21.1.14

Your new light is trying to eat up that poor HD2010! Did you save it?

Man alive. Such a beautiful work of art, I mean light. Wow! Beam pattern looks great too. Have you had a chance to walk around with it yet? Seems like it very nice to use out in the wild.

Larger diameter reflector, tighter spot. Simple rule. Holds to be true much of the time. That SST-90 reflector sure proves that out. I will guesstimate that we need about a 120mm reflector to get a tight spot out of the MT-G2. Hopefully we will get one some day.

Thanks for the beam shots. A picture is worth a thousand words.

Sling added to the first post.

We don't want to see the sling. We want to see the donkey!!

NICE!!! That's a gem! Dan.

EDIT.... I searched the law books... Only Texas Lights can have a sling. .... Example!

I know... I know... I really do try.... but sometimes I just can't resist!!! OL made me do it! Dan.

Now we need a pic of someone modeling the mini mini-mag slung over their shoulder.

I’d like to see that. :smiley: Mr Dan. I have no idea what you are waffling on about. I’d like to add though that my lacky bands and sling are bigger than yours. :bigsmile:

This light has now had a fair amount of use camping and this is just a quick update on how it is all working. It has the dicky 9 amp driver in it still.

Pictures come courtesy of a new camera which DBC was a great help in spending my money. His advice on the camera was terrific but his advice on how to explain spending money you dont have to the wife stinks. My hard working wife did not believe for a minute that I bought the camera for her as DBC said she would and I'm seriously now in the doghouse.

When at my favorite camping spot over xmas the old faithful gas light decided that its tiny jet would block up leaving us no light at night around the camp. Sitting in the dark talking to my mate best Mr J Walker a brain wave hit me. I wonder if that yellow plastic cup will fit over my light for a diffuser. Bingo. Needless to say the gas light still does not work. Heres a few pictures of the diffuser in action.

Firstly a daylight shot showing the light. To give you an idea on size my worklight is next to it and is just under 90mm in length. Pictures were taken around 8 meters from the light.

Close up at night.

No diffuser.

Low.

Medium.

High.

And two pictures of reasons we go camping. Johnny loves this time of night.

We dont eat another main meal until tea time.

Odin is pleased!

I’m glad he’s pleased. I’d be worried if he was hungry though. I may have to cook some more food on the barby if he was. :frowning:

Nice pics... what camera did you get?

It was a runout Canon G15.

It is midwinter and raining here, psychologists have calculated that yesterday was the most depressing day of this year, and now you show me attractive pictures of a nice camping trip with barbecue...

The camping light with $0.01 diffuser is amazing though :-)

A full on fry-up there. Already had dinner, but that’s making me hungry again.

I really do love un-anodized aluminium lights.

Fantastic work. Would love one of my own!

Very nice camera you`ve got!

I`m also a Canon guy ;)

A bit surprised you didn’t end up with a melted mass of plastic on the end of your light. :stuck_out_tongue:

truly stunning work, u will need to use a full bottle of mother’s polish on that bad boy

Using zoom from a distance is a great way to give some compression to the photo, make the distant background soft and creamy so it doesn’t distract from your main subject. Also use the smallest f stop the camera will allow. :wink:

That light is freaking awesome! I will gladly put some fingerprints on it for you and run a set of batteries through their paces anytime you like! :slight_smile: If you can build one a little bigger so it won’t fall out of my Texas sized pockets, I’d appreciate it! :wink:

Nicely done, you knew you’d have us with the light and it’s creative rescue, but you also knew what pics of food would do for us, you devil!

EDIT: I know there’s probably a long line, but I’d really like a light just exactly like that one! Superb!

For one second I thought the world was lighted by your monster in the first picture. :cowboy_hat_face:
Very nice camping light MRsDNF!

It's even more impressive knowing that a good portion of the light it going up into the sky. Most lanterns have a reflector to direct that upward light down to the ground.

Hey, I just looked at a picture of one of your lights and I didn't even call it art this time. It is though. Oh darn.