New Convoy C8 on sale ,hope you love it

There is a 1288-sized switch rated (?) at 3A
http://www.cnqualitygoods.com/goods.php?id=1532
Haven’t used this switch personally though, and have no idea what’s inside

Some of the most inaccurate and deceptive stuff I have seen specified on that website for many years. Even if this one turn out to be true regrading the switch, my initial statement still remains.

i will contact the OMTEN technician,i will comfirm the max load current

We all love Ric, that’s for sure :bigsmile:

i had got reply

Which (old) convoy lights use 1288 switch?

BLF member tested few omten switches,and you can see,the bigger the switch-the lower resistance,which is logical because of bigger contacts.

Switch in older design was perfectly fine,did anyone report failure of that switch?If not, why changing something that works for years?

If your idea was to reduce size of tailcap,here's the picture of convoy M1,new C8,old C8 tailcaps:

M1 tailcap has smallest diameter and it's just few mm longer than new C8 tailcap.Old C8 has obviously the biggest tailcap.

But if you look inside,little surprise:

Convoy M1 has identical parts and switch size like old C8!

IMHO,M1 style with all-brass parts+brass ring on tube+big switch has best tailcap design.

I like 20mm switch pcb standard,it's much more flexible(you can easily put smaller switch if you want) and many flashlights already use it.Another good thing is more reliable copper braiding,compared to spring-only style:

I solder copper braid inside of brass plug,and then onto pcb.This way you get lower resistance,and there is less mechanical stress on copper braid-solder connection compared to spring-only style.

These are just my opinions and suggestions,it's your flashlight-your decisions.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/141172162679

thanks for you link

Wait a second, I don’t think that is new Convoy C8?

Because the new Convoy C8 should have bigger opening at the reflector bottom and there should be a white centering piece according to the picture posted by Simon,

And isn’t the new C8 has SMO reflector?

because this friend didnt use the gasket when assemblling the host….

Isn’t the reflector should have a wider opening at the bottom anyway?

this is old version ,the diameter of the hole is 7mm
current version use the 9mm hole SMO reflector

I got that reflector with host from fasttech.

That means it is the older version, isn’t it?

Sorry I got a bit confused with your description.

I got new host,but with (old) OP reflector in it(31.5mm long).Fasttech never had Convoy C8 host with SMO reflector as option.

It seems that for new Convoy C8 reflector has to be 32-32.5mm long.

How does this compare to a XinTD C8 v5?

Man, this was my favorite easy to do modification and now there is no more brass plug :( that is just sad :( I must order from BG while they are shipping old version… I actually like bigger tailcap…

Sorry Simon but I think this is 1 step forward and 2 steps backward :~

I ordered one from BG last week and I hope I get the new one. The head is a huge improvement and the new tail design doesn’t bother me. The thick solid spring is actually a better design than the brass plug with cheap thin steel spring inside. One less point of contact = less resistance. The only thing I’ll miss is the GITD O-ring in the bezel.

Simon,

Any update on the longer version for protected cells?

Thanks

I’m waiting as well.