New Convoy C8 on sale ,hope you love it

Does this gray version suggest that the new version for protected cells is out?

No, it suggests that the production line change was made before the gray run and after the most recent black run.

protected and unprotected 18650 lithium battery all can be used in the gray C8 flashlight.

Great news. Will place my order today.

Hey guys, anyone find installing a driver on this new pills problematic?
ID of the retaining ring that holds the driver is too small so i scrapes edges of AMC chips.
Second even bigger problem is that, as you tighten the retaining ring when you come to the last turn or so it starts to pull/rotate the driver so if you have soldered the wires to the emitter on other side this can easily rip contact pads from driver where wires are soldered. Or if you did not attach the emitter but you used fairly short wires they will be pulled inside of the pill so that’s not a solution either :expressionless:
I either have to stop tightening retaining ring when it starts rotating driver or use long wires to allow them to braid inside of the pill.
Maybe old pill design had less contact surface but driver installation was 100% painless, light years beyond new design. :~

New 105D. replacing Nanjg-105c @ FT? (no stars!) post #24
The new Nanjg-105D seems to be designed to fit.

Yeah, I’ve been following this thread, no more stars so no more combining different modes selection, not many people are happy with that…

I guess having enough length of wires would help?

I use short wires. I expect to be able to keep the driver from spinning when I snug up the ring.

I am afraid this is the nature of retaining ring like this? At the last turn the retaining ring has exerted enough pressure on the driver hence it will “carry” the driver to spin along with it. You can press your thumb hardly on the driver during the last run to prevent it from spinning too much.

I’ve tried holding the driver with my thumb but it doesn’t work because spring is pretty smoot so it slips (I did not try to remove spring just to tighten the driver and then solder the spring back), I also tried using pliers, grabbing the AMC chip -> damaged poor regulators…

I got a C8 smo from fasttech some days ago, i wanted to mod it.
The improvements are great, especially the pill design. I can now solder wires without any problems touching the reflector.
BUT, the tailcap is a huge step forward. Dont tell me, there’s NO WAY those tiny switches can handle 1+ Amps better than the old ones, unless they are made from pure gold. I worked at least 3 hours to fit a standard remote switch in it. With the old version, it was maximum 5 minutes, and zero soldering,grinding, fitting :smiley:

The feel of the clicky isn’t that great either.
So if you want to satisfy the users(at least me) please consider going back to the old tailcap design on the inner side.

I think you meant “backwards”.

Yea, of course. Sry :smiley:

Yes. Old switch http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Flashlight-reverse-switch/330416_1572591646.html was better, had lower voltage drop and working better.

!http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t202/livinloud22/DSC_0085_zps1e898051.jpg !:www.gearbest.com/led-flashlights/pp_102103.html

New one on right and FITS protected cells
Paid $13.99 with discount

I just received mine yesterday from Shenzhen Convoy Electronics and it “looks” just like the old new version. Taking the advice from other posts, I felt the only way to be sure and get the latest newest version is to get it from that site. The one on the right is the old original C8 with only 3 fins and long end cap.

Im interested but want to be sure to get the one that fits protected batteries. There appear to be 2 choices. How do I know I am getting the correct one?

By “new one on the right” I mean new one on the “other” right. Didnt realize I flipped the photo or just wasnt paying attention lol

You can make sure you get the new one by using the link in my photo above and using the coupon. They only have the new C8s in stock, from what I was told they cant get any of the old obes anymore. I know FT has thr old ones but no one wants old stuff,

Or you can contact Simon and see what he says. Probably will be a little more expensive then using the link above in the photo I posted but never know

I’m waiting for mine to arrive…