【Wurkkos HD10 update】Design together Wurkkos AA/14500 Light/headlamp-trail production test~

Which one has the most surface area for heatsinking?

1 Thank

I lean towards version B, but I wish the bezel area was less angular and more like version A

Interesting, how is the T oriented?

1 Thank

Judging from the pic @Wurkkos posted, it’s clearly B. But confirmation from them would be good.

1 Thank

Intuitively it feels that way but they can probably measure the model and let us know for sure.

1 Thank

Like this And it have inner shelf for led ;))( YLP Gekko in pic)

1 Thank

I like A. The slightly more proud switch button is good on a headlamp where you typically can’t see the switch when using the light on your head. With a light this size and from the proposed grooves in the B options. I really don’t see it making much difference in removing heat.

Everyone mentioning heat-shedding because of all those cuts and grooves and what-all, remember that it’s a 14500 light, so ain’t a high-strung light to begin with. The cell will fade pretty quickly, it’s small so has very little thermal mass, and while my regular TS10 is pretty bright when cranked up, I don’t/can’t keep it cranked up that bright for long.

And I wouldn’t want a “turbo” anything strapped to my brainium.

3 Thanks

I see your point, but mine is that more heat dissipation is at least equal (and oftentimes better) than less heat dissipation, so I still think B is the best option.

Among other things, headlamps aren’t always used in one’s head: I use mine frequently in hand, where good heat dissipation would be really welcome.

B all the way. The more heat dispersion the better. New design looks great!

Will there be a head strap and where will the bands go on the light?

1 Thank

I completely agree. BUT, the cuts that they show ,well I doubt seriously if they would make a measurable difference in heat removal.
Just more manufacturing cost, and something to snag on stuff. If I thought they would be at all effective, I would vote for that style as well.

1 Thank

B seems best. For me you would knock it out of the park if the clip still went to the bottom as shown but also have it go near to the top before bending down so the light would be deep carry head up.

1 Thank

I like B most.
(It has the best cooling fins.)

2 Thanks

Sofirn HS10 also have similar cuts as B design, a bit shallower and don’t break the bank with cost. Maybe @Wurkkos will specify how it will affect the price.

One more time … Its for decoration mostly , since led star sits on inner shelf. Sofirn-Wurrkos hasn’t invented the bicycle yet ;))

1 Thank

Option B is best, has deep heatsink fins for cooling and looks distinctive from other lights, but still recognizable as related to the TS10.

Hopefully driver is a single-pcb driver like TS10 and not a T shape like SP10.

3 Thanks

I’m mostly concerned about the heat so that the light doesn’t soften and warp a PLA 3D printed headmount. Other thing is, as @Quadrupel mentions, the inner thermal design might be less than ideal with non-negligible thermal resistance between the LED packages and the outer heat dissipating surfaces and the tJ might be quite high without the driver even noticing which might reduce the LEDs’ lifespan.

2 Thanks

I think they could save a bit of money if they just made the head to work with the current ts10 body with the tail switch As it is.

Let the tube go more into the head so it’s not as tall and the design of b1 also puts less material into the product. I mean it looks nice too.

1 Thank

I like B the most.

:100:

Performance always looks good :wink:

3 Thanks

Yes. If the physics of heat dissipation is observed, one will note that the increase in surface area is negligible, therefor the increase in the ability to shed heat will also be negligible. This is made worse by the fact that fins on a heatsink work better with air flow. The “fins” (decorations) will be mostly obscured by the bracket and/or headband. Making them even more ineffective. Judging by a bunch of study on heatsinks for cooling electrical components, I would be very surprised if , in the best case, there is even 0.5 C difference in the LED/driver temp with those very minimal “fins” versus a solid head (very likely less in real world use). So yeah, if one likes the look, fine. Just don’t expect any meaningful functional difference.

Some may say, It looks more “flashlighty” …OK, but that is all you are getting. Well, that and a feature that snags on things, gathers dirt, and provides edges for the anodizing to wear off of quickly.

2 Thanks