*** NEW *** Haikelite SC26 XHP35 26650/26350 aka Fatty ***Update*** 2018-07-24

Right, but two 26350 cells in series will give higher voltage all the way down to depleted level. This is more of a curiosity thing. The light is suppose to support that, but what is the practical/visible (vs. theoretical) impact on performance, if any?

The last 10 items ordered since end May :
7 of them arrived within 8 days (shipped from China warehouse).

The others took 16 –17 days. That’s somewhat quicker than the usual 15-30 days like before.

Took my SC26 HD (5000K) for a walk in the park last night.
It’s a very good combination of flood and throw IMHO. Tint is nice.
I’m very pleased :smiley:

(I switched to the modes instead of the ramping)

Just got my Blue SC26 in, and I must say, I’m impressed. XHP35 HI NW. Nice navy blue finish. I installed a yellow trit in the slot above the button. Should help to find the button in the dark. The trit slots are not milled very deep, so the trit sits a bit proud. Time will tell if I break it. Because of that, I elected not to put the other 5 trits in. (1.5mm x 6mm trits)

I can upload some outdoor beamshots tonight if anyone is interested.

I used a UV light to highlight the trit. UV also highlights the silicone grease on the battery tube.

Outdoor beamshot XHP35-HI NW

I ordered the blue and was hoping to get the beautiful shade of blue like yours. Instead I received the very dark navy blue like RobertB did. No big deal but I much prefer your color. I guess the blue lights are coming with different shades of blue.

^ I think the camera is messing up the blue colour.

Yes mine is also dark: Navy blue.
The colour depend on the light.

Wow. Nice collection!

Thanks.

I think you and smokuxx1987 are correct. The camera is showing it to be a lighter more beautiful blue color than it really is.

I took mine outside in the full sun and it was still dark navy blue. When I shine one of my CW lights on it, it suddenly becomes that beautiful lighter blue color.

Like I said, it’s not a big deal as the dark navy blue color is fine but if someone is expecting it to look like pictures shown, just know it’s going to be the dark navy blue.

I noticed that by both Banggood and AliExpress, X-day shipping is a bit misleading.
It’s the shipping speed but excludes the time before it’s shipped.
I’ve seen ‘processing’ estimates of 3 days to 3 weeks. It depends on the shop you buy it from inside the Banggood or AliExpress site.

I’m seeing that some folks are already modifying their SC26 lights and I’d like to share a bit of information regarding an appropriate holster for this light.

I took the measurements from the Banggood site and chose two holsters that I thought might work for the SC26. I’ll list them separately and give my impressions.

Convoy C8 holster

This holster is of what I would call very good quality. It’s made of heavy duty nylon material and the stitching is nicely done. The elastic holds the SC26 snugly and the velcro top strap wraps all the way down to cover the end. The velcro parts don’t match up precisely when it’s pulled down snugly. There is about 3/4” of contact between velcro parts. I think I’ll sew on another piece of “hook” fabric further down to keep the flap more secure, although the larger diameter of the light and the elastic sides hold it in place very well. Overall, the price is very inexpensive and it works. I have several other smaller Convoy flashlight holsters like this one for 18650 lights and they all work very well even if they are a bit bulkier than some others.

Nylon Single Mag Pouch

This holster reminds me quite a bit of a scaled-down smoke grenade pouch I use for my Q8 lights. The inner diameter of the pouch is just a little bit larger than the diameter of the SC26. It is not overly loose nor does it rattle but there is no elastic to keep it snugged down. If the top flap isn’t velcro’d in place, the light could slide out if turned completely upside down. The clip does help take up some of the space though, When using a 26650 cell, the velcro just barely holds the flap in place. Just over 1/4” of velcro is engaged. When in 26350 mode, it is completely protected and the top flap can be pulled down tight and nearly all of the velcro is engaged. It’s of a thinner material than the Convoy holster above but it feels sturdy and the stitching looks good.

If I were to use my SC26 while backpacking and had it attached to the outside of my pack, I’d go for the Convoy C8 holster for maximum security. If I were to use the shorter cell or just needed it protected from scuffs inside a pack pocket, the Nylon Mag Pouch wins out.

Neither one is what I’d call expensive so I’m glad to have both. I think I’ll keep the light in the Nylon Mag Pouch by my bed for use around the house and yard at night so it doesn’t get banged up. I’ll use the Convoy holster for my other 26650 light (a Convoy BD06) that fits it prefectly.

One last thing: I’d bet that the new Emisar D4S would fit the Nylon Mag Pouch perfectly since it’s about 2cm shorter than the SC26 using a 26650.

If anyone has another holster that they’ve found that works, please share it here. Thanks for reading!

^

I’ve used an old Fenix TK11 holster for the SC26 in long configuraton, and fits nicely. Obviously it’s a bit on the tight side as the TK11 is an 18650 light.
Today I received my 26350 cells, the Imalent MRB-263P20 (for their bike light), and I must say The SC26 in short form is really attractive. I think I’ll keep it mostly in 26350 form.

Same… i am looking for a holster or case that will fits sc26 long tube and emisar d4s… any suggestion? Thanks.

Holster from C8 is ok but the toanguage could be shorter.

Tell me what is the difference ? HD CW, HD NW, HI CW, HI NW

HD gives a floodier beam with a less defined hot spot.
HI throws better and has a more defined hot spot.
CW is cool or cold white (more towards blue).
NW is neutral white which is warmer and more close to daylight.

Hope that helps.

I am really enjoying my HD NW SC26.

Oh, and the HD is a little bit brighter overall compared to HI.

Also, the CW puts out more lumens compared to NW.

I think that covers it.

Haikelite SC26 XHP35, Lumintop SD mini, Emisar D1
Which is better ? 1 place, 2 place, 3 place
Range, brightness (angle of dispersion)