New High Lumen Claim - 3800 Lumens!

Thanks....330m sound good. Sounds like Solarforce Masterpiece Pro-1 kind of throw, but with a larger hotspot.

Still awaiting manafont's shipping notification. Weird, I ordered on Sat 1pm HK time and 2pm it was already processing. Usually they will ship then on Monday (sometimes Sunday night). Perhaps its already out of stock!

Tiny chicks with tiny hands make everything look bigger! :wink:

Johnny (just sayin'...) Mac

Samething here , still processing..

They were having a long weekend and the holiday just ended yesterday. The stocks should be coming in soon.

Mine shipped 60 mins ago....got my tracking number.

I ordered mine as well in the wee hours of 6/8. I also have the eBay 65w hid pictured above so I will try to get some shots to compare. I also ordered the protected Palight 3000 mah 18650’s, so we’ll do some tests on those as well, compared to my trusty Trustfire red and black flames. I’m really enjoying the forums guys thanks for all the info.

Heh hehe....all of us have very nearly the same stuff due to this forum. I have the 65W and PALIGHT 3000 mAH as well. Not too bad a cell, 2 are working ok with decent runtime on my UF U-80 XM-L.

But it won't be good pitting the Ebay/aliexpress 65W against the Sky Ray 3*T6, it won't stand any chance unless they really drive it well then at least they are within the dynamic difference in a photograph...ie the XM-Ls not too underexposed and HID not too overexposed (ie 2-2.5A each emitter to avoid heat issues, and anyway even at 2A do warp some foil + heatsink compound).

Newbie want, newbie want. I wonder if I can get a test sample of this light. I want to know which is brighter, the light or the explosion from my cheap red Ultrafire 3000mah cells? They are not called Ultrafire for no reason you know.

Sadly, the first user review popped up on MF this weekend.

"super bright very big hot spot and wide spill, draw on Panasonic 2900mAh 1.45A on high.

same old host, fast strobe and sos really hate them.

this light brighter than most of $100+ light on the market?"

At only 1.45A with (I'm assuming) 2 18650's, that's 1A per LED at 4.2V. That would put this light in the 1200 range (minus all losses). Hopefully this reviewer had some less than perfect cells or a bad seed, but anything more will be a plesant surprise when mine comes in next week.

From CPF

"There is another SZOBM version that is workable with 3 or 4 x 18650 via extensions. 3 cells = 1.77A. 4 cells = 1.3A. Tailcap surely will be able to handle that. 22 watts. 2-cell would be approx 2.6A.
Each XM-L getting 1.8A, nice and cool and efficient compared to gunning them at 3.3A!"

If this were the case you'd see 1.7+A per LED and would yield around 1800-2000 (minus losses).

Hehe....I posted that on CPF, I got the info from Multiple 18650 forums here, the thread "The Power is here" where Thommy got the SZOBM.

1.45A at the tailcap for 2-cell is bad! But seriously anything more than 20W for the 52.6mm drop-in is gonna be bad as well. 10W is bad enough for 26.5mm with alu foil + heat sink compound (coat the whole foil with it thinly before rolling it up TIGHT). Its the drop-in to host interfacing that we need to optimise. Other that this its gonna be more deep in by playing with the emitter/PCB inside.

But one thing's for certain at 1.45A, its gonna last for a long time and there won't be heat issues for continuous operation, and no PWM flicker. :D Maybe Sky Ray is playing it safe, too many complaints about faulty lights by people just gunning their XM-Ls for a long period. LEDs are not HIDs, if you want continuous POWER and no holds barred lumens then go HID.

I agree, it will probably still be a good light with good output (for the money). And if it's a little underdriven means its going to be more reliable and stay in working condition for a long time then so be it. Mine's already on the way, so it is what it is I guess.

52 bucks shipped for 1200 very efficient lumens and at least 1hr run time and no heat issues gunning it continuously (it'd still be pretty hot though), the equation is not too bad. Just that it could be better for us disciplined flashaholics.....I mean you can run the SBOMZ on medium and still be around the ballpark of this Sky Ray 3X. :)

Hope we can be pleasantly surprised when we receive the light.

I think I'll stick with other things held to women with straps...

Someone with an IS needs to buy one of the 3xT6 lights and get some actual numbers. After seeing the threads on making your own, I think I'll be on the lookout for anything spherical next time I'm at the local scrapyard. Paper mache or styrofoam doesn't do it for me, but a random small pressure tank or something would be perfect...

--Bushytails

Someone with an IS needs to buy one of the 3xT6 lights and get some actual numbers.

How about someone with a calculator? 3 * .... :D

No, that's how the manufacturers do it.

--Bushytails

Just saw some beamshots at thaicpf might go for this one

I highly suspect they just added the manufacter's lumens rating instead of actually measuring it. The Eagletac triple xm-l, for example, is rated 1164 lm instead of

Mine arrived today.. it is bright!

First thing I did was measure tailcap current..

*drum roll*

I get 2.7A

Significantly more than that MF review user.. perhaps he got a dud.

More soon from me on this when it gets dark later

WOOHOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!