New High Lumen Claim - 3800 Lumens!

Nice find Jamesearl I have been waiting for something like that to push me into ordering that light. Mission accomplished.

im in between the skyray 3xt6 and the bigger reflector single XML skyray stl-v2 but i would'nt mind having both. theyre both in the same price range.

from those shots its lighting half the building and the building in front if it. thats a lot of light.

2.7A on two 18650's i would play it safe and make sure the batteries are closely matched.

YAY!! That's outstanding! Mine will be here Friday or Monday!

Right here we go it became dark and fun was had!

I must say very quick shipping from Manafont this time around.

Straight out the box it feels pretty solid for a budget light. Nice clickie, strong body with a decent enough finish, lubed threads which are quite well machined. It feels more expensive than a $50 light. With out stating the obvious; the 3800 lumen claim which is printed on the side is quite laughable!

The body obviously isn't HA-III but seems pretty decent, I have seen far worse in this price bracket.

The body is in a strange form which is in two sections, you might think that taking the smaller half of the body out would then accommodate a single 18650 - however it just rattles around in there. The lens is of quite a poor quality and I found the bezel to be an absolute pig to get back on; the only place that poor quality threads can be seen.

Now this is where it gets fun.

Some guy at Manafont recently reviewed this light and got a very lame 1.45A at the tailcap. After reading that I thought I had a less than great light heading my way.

But looks like he got a dud as check this out!

This light is insanely bright!

The beam is a great mix of flood and wide hotspot with enough grunt to throw very well.

Yes jamesearljonesisascab, indeed, it is worth pointing out that with this kind of current draw with 2x18650's in series it is very important to have cells which have an equal voltage or you could be looking at holding a potential pipe bomb in your hands.

Now to a very hastily taken beam shot (excuse the over exposure & my dog taking a wee in the first beamshot :p).

P60 Manafont XM-L Drop-in

Sky Ray 3xT6

Is pretty late here and so have had to cut my feedback on the light short for now. But from a price prospective this light is an absolute steal. Alright, it isn't going to have a regulated output. But (if you get a good one) for sheer lumen output per £/$ it is absolutely unbeatable!

What sort of memory is it? Like the manafont drop-in or dependent on how long it's been on? I really don't want to have to scroll through 1000+ lumen strobe and SOS modes..

Nice little review and pics Trancersteve. the MF p60 xml looks mild compared to that light.

it is 5 mode with memory H-M-L-STrobe-SOS

Trancersteve

Trancersteve, you have taken out bezel ring right? Does the 52.7mm drop in come out easily? Would like to confirm if we can put in other drop-ins.

Please give us a full review as soon as possible!
I’m waiting with impatience wheter or not to buy this light!
Thanks Koen

I have a tr1600 ( 6 q5's) which looks like it has an identical body. Hope a drop in becomes available. I get 2.3a at the tail. drop in is easy to remove

Unfortunately mine did not today, no collection paper when I got back home.

Been testing a few of my cells with this light with tail cap readings.

Some of my more healthier cells achieve:

High - 2.78A
Medium - 1.3A
Low - 0.3A

It has a memory which engages after 1 second between clicks.

I have taken the bezel ring out. The drop in is not removable, it seems to be glued in place.

I would investigate the drop in some more but I don't want to crack it open. Anyone care to guess how the emitters are wired together? Correct me if I am wrong but if they are wired in series this would mean that all three emitters are receiving something in the region of 2.6A?

Thanks, do you mean 1 second of it being on or one second of it being off?

Whether they are in series and a boost circuit is used, or in parallel and a buck one is, they will not be getting 2.6 each. The vf of each XM-L is roughly 3.2v, say each cell is at 3.6 under load then you have 2.7A x2 (number of cells) = 5.4A x 3.6 (cell voltage) = 19.44. Then 19.44/3 (number of emitters) = 6.48 /3.2 (each emitters rough vf) = 2.025. Then factor in circuit efficiency, probably around 85% and each emitter is getting roughly 1.7A.

This seems decent enough to me, especially to keep heat manageable.

Around 1 second of being off.

Cheers for explaining that Redforest. I knew there are overheads and efficiency plays a big part in what the emitters will receive, would be nice to know the exact figure but there is no way I am going to stripe down the drop in to find out.

It certainly chucks out a lot of heat in the form of light.. placing my hand 5cm above the lens it quickly becomes an uncomfortable amount of heat to the point where it will burn you if left for more than 25 seconds.

I have not had the light switched on for any length of time yet. Will report back how warm the head becomes over time; the drop in is encased in quite a large aluminium chuck so am willing to guess it will fair quite well.

Thanks for the explanation. At 1.7a per emitter after losses we could be looking at a REAL 1800 lumens! That’s mighty strong for $52!!!

I got the light today.

With Xtar batteries I get 3A and with TF flame I get 2.9A. The body is the same as UF WF500 and TF 1200.

It looks like the drop-in is screwed in place.

Someone really needs to try IMR's in this ;) I'm waiting for the no disco mode version for the moment though..

I have some LMRs (sony and samsung) ones, I will try when it gets here.....

A question about the memory: when i for exemple set it medium and shut off the light and then activate it again it will be medium? or just the maximum?

greetings!

Not sure if you should hang around and wait mate if your only problem are the d.i.s.c.o modes! Remember what happened to the TrustFire TR-1200, shortly after release they changed out the driver for one which didn't push the emitters hard at all. What was a great light become not!

Yes, shut the light off for more than a second and it will remember the last mode.

I would love to know the OTF figure. Anyone care to have an educated OTF guess?

Yeah, I'm considering it.. ;) I do hate the disco modes though unless they're well hidden, which they aren't.

Has anyone measured current through the tailcap? As in so the tailcap is part of the circuit, as it could increase resistance.