New Independent Flashlight Website [www.gadgetconnections.com]

Going to have to be priced around $22.99

…so we will see how people react to that. The reason I haven’t done this before is because there isn’t much margin and Simon wouldn’t budge.

Going to start offereing a 6x6 DIY square within the next 24 hours!

I love hearing what people actually want…

2 Thanks

I know a lot of people might cringe at this but. Trustfire is making some really well built and well functioning weapon lights. I grabbed one of THESE put about 500 rounds through the weapon it was on. It’s holding on pretty good. No problems at all. Might be something to look at if you are going to carry those type of lights.

2 Thanks

I have been hit or miss with trust fire. Their 18650s made me nervous, but I have heard they have some good lights. Thanks for the feedback (really)

So I have been stocking (and selling) the OLIGHT Baldr with the green and blue lasers + light and also the Baldr mini with green laser. I have been able to sell them both on the site and locally to gunsmiths. Matter a fact I think im currently sold out. :thinking:

The golden rule with LiIon batteries is to avoid any with “fire” in the name (not kidding).

3 Thanks

Trustfire use to make some good batteries. Use to. I have some 16340 cells of theirs that do pretty good. Got some Windyfire 14500 that are great high drain cells. But yes. I tend to stay away from “Fire” batteries.

True true !

You are right in getting nervous. Trustfire used to be a good brand of batteries but those days are long gone. Pretty much a good idea to avoid battery brands with “fire” in the name as many are fake, or have a current rating so far over the limit into the point of being dangerous if used in high drain use.

Nowadays a good battery rewrap brand is Vapcell (also Epoch and Efest), as they have batteries available in sizes that aren’t made by the “big 6” (Murata, LG, Samsung, Sanyo, Panasonic, Molicel) manufacturers that mostly just make 18650 and 21700 batteries.

AFAIK Molicel is the only one of the “big 6” that sells grade-A batteries directly to retailers and their batteries are very popular, so it might be a good idea to get some P28A, M35A, P45B, and M50A batteries. The P models are ultra high discharge (best in size class), and M are made for high capacity in medium current applications.

1 Thank

Just some quick feedback on your site, in the shop section, the layout needs some spacing between rows, in my opinion (on desktop at least not sure on mobile). Because it’s hard to tell which item the “choose options” or “add to cart” button applies to, the one above or below. Also, some of the taller images kind of blow out the rows they are on. maybe consistent thumbnail/product images on the product listing pages.

Take all this with a grain of salt - I’m a UX designer and sometimes slip into critique mode. Overall, I think it’s a great site, and it’s really awesome to see another option for quality lights and edc gear. Keep it up, and keep moving forward!

Haha. Yes, exactly. You literally made me LOL.

I am hoping to ramp up to have batteries for sale sometime soon. Right now every light I carry comes with or has a battery.

no no no, no grain of salt.

I thank you for this feedback. This is exactly what I need.
I have found that Shopify is very limited in what it can “do”
Short of buying a premium “skin” or whatever the hell they call it and hiring a pro designer There is only so much, BUT I think the spacing is one of those things. Im going to look at it now and see what I AM able to do with it!

Thanks again

1 Thank

Convoy is HERE!

Not the most selection, but I have to see what people are intrested in and cant afford to sit on a ton of inventory.

I have 3 versions of the S2+:

S2+ SST20 4000K
S2+ SST20 5000K
S2+ Nichia 519A 4000K

Looking for input on other options that people might be interested in

I hope to get them listed today!

3 Thanks

Sorry for the spam.

The convoys are live.

I know know know they are more than everyone can get them from China, but despite Simons listing saying “Duty included” this just isn’t the case. It is often a case by case basis with U.S. customs. When customs feel like it, they charge MOAR Duty for imports, and I can not get them released until it is paid.

Having the 4000k 519a is an excellent high-cri neutral option. A couple more options in 519a would be nice, maybe a warm (2700/3000k) and cool option (5700k). SST20 5000k isn’t very popular for enthusiasts because of the low-CRI and positive DUV (green tint). It would be much better for non-enthusiasts to know what to choose if the listing had the differences between the LED: lumens, CRI, and maybe a beamshot.

To minimize inventory, you could have a wider variety of loose LEDs (or installed on PCBs, it’s only a few cents more) and the extra option of having the LED replaced for a model of the buyer’s choice, if you have the ability to solder. The convoy S2+ is known for being exceptionally easy to modify, so it could be a good model to try that on.

I wouldn’t worry about the slightly higher price, it is a reasonable reasonable markup all things considered.

The recommended 18650 battery is not from a brand I’ve ever seen and seems to have a fake current rating, no 18650 battery that I’m aware of with a capacity over 3000mAh has a CDR higher than 20A. If I was recommending someone your store, I would have to recommend buying a battery from a different store. I recommend stocking a battery that has been tested by Mooch or HKJ with good performance. For most single emitter lights it doesn’t need to be very high current, 10A is fine.

Sorry for the wall of text, TLDR: more emitter options as a modding service, get better batteries

Thank you for the feedback!

#1 after crunching the numbers I may be able to lower the price a bit more. We shall see. .

#2 2700k is my absolute fav. I plan to get
Some soon. Beam shots coming too. Even if I have to yonk an image from the net. I got the temps I got because I thought they would be more popular. I wanna sell a few of these and see them sell then I’ll look at getting more. In different colors temps.
CL
#3 yes the batteries are unknown. I got them locally wholesale from a buddy that has a vape shop. I do wanna get “known” batts. But just wanted to give an option to get a battery with a light that doesn’t come with one. All things said. These batteries aren’t bad. I don’t anticipate selling a ton of batteries so I am trying not to have to buy 100x molocel from China.

#4 I got some personal life things going on atm. But once all that is settled I can and plan to be able to do emitter swaps.

Sorry if this is all whacked out. I’m mobile.

My wholesale buddy got more “known” batteries coming. I do plan to grab some of those.

You can also order batteries in wholesale from other US based battery-specific stores like Liionwholesale and 18650batterystore, the unit price usually decreases once you’re buying more than 20 batteries.

My main problem with mystery li-ion batteries is that they might be a mislabeled unsafe chemistry (ICR or LiPo) or heat up too much under load risking a fire, which can be especially dangerous inside a sealed water resistant flashlight. It would also be a good idea to have a lithium battery safety warning whenever selling them, something telling the user not to keep them loose in their pocket and not to use mismatched batteries because of the risk of reverse-charging (especially dangerous when used in series).

Also, make sure to add an explanation or diagram on how to choose mode groups in the S2+, otherwise it can be confusing to figure out.

Don’t worry about the formatting in mobile, it looks fine.

Best of luck with sales.

2 Thanks

Hey thanks again man. I will add this graphic for sure. So now that I am not mobile…

I sold a buddy a Wuben P26 white light/UV he wanted for work (label inspection) when he opened it in front of me to my surmise it came with one of the AAA holder things and said it CAN take a 18650. I was annoyed, of course this is annotated on the box, it was just something that I didn’t think I had to look for.

So feeling bad (maybe I shouldn’t have) I went to go see my buddy that owns a couple vapes shops. He told me his 18650s sell fast and he was all but out. This is the brand he had left. He told yeah they are “b” class, but never had an issue etc. etc. So I only bought a few, he gave them to me at wholesale. the other “issue” with the P26 is not it doesn’t have a USB charging port. This is to be expected with a hank light or a Convoy or or or…we know the ones.

So I grabbed a couple charges from him while I was there also. Chargers aren’t top notch either.

Anyway its no excuse, I just wanted to get “something” in stock for those that buy a light and don’t have anything.

I 100% agree with everything you have said, and look forward to adding some more Convoy and the graphic soon!

The SST-20 has fallen out of favor, so going forward different CCTs of the 519A would probably be better.

2 Thanks