New(ish) members and FLAMING

How to Ask Questions The Smart Way:
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

which includes:
How To Answer Questions in a Helpful Way

Thank you for your post. When it comes to thicker skin, I almost always consider posts that require thicker skin just simply rude. I certainly can reply so the other person needs thicker skin as well, but there is a good likeliness that this behaviour will result in a downward spiral. So I don’t (= I try not to). I have no problem with individual trolls; those are fairly harmless to me. I have problem with many dozens of people that continuously post in a disrespectful way.
There are threads where I just don’t post anymore as I don’t believe normalised communication is possible.

Maybe this should be required reading for old & new alike……

Thanks for pointing this out. To me there’s a line between growing a thick skin and bullying and harassment, and I’d say a lot of what you describe is harassment. Even if someone is right, that type of behavior is detrimental to a positive discussion. Some people just can’t let things go.

Don Rickles :smiley:

That book is unscientific garbage. The only way you’re going to “win friends and influence people” with the methods described is if the other people have also read the book and believe that everything written is true. It’s shared mass delusion.

Soooo, your saying you don’t think my suggestion is a good idea?? . :frowning: . :cry:

I think he’s having trouble making friends :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Either that or he was having an ‘off-day’. :wink:

I was laughing at the irony of his comment. koziy and ChrisGarrett are a lot like Eric Andre - if you don’t appreciate the humour in it then it’s just offensive.

Even if I did laugh at it I should probably amend the OP to include this stuff because it can easily be perceived as offensive. Plus this is meant to be a family friendly place.

Actually I thought ChrisGarrett’s comment was funny and outrageous enough that it couldn’t be taken as serious.

Yeah, the koziy comment was indeed very ironic. :wink:

I actually got a good chuckle out of it & Chris Garrett’s. :beer:

Different strokes for different folks I guess…

ymmv

:+1:

:+1:

:+1: . +1 . Burn it down…. :wink:

In the interest of personal growth and because I may have been involved in a thread where some of this was taking place, I have to ask:

Has anyone here been offended by my posts? Perhaps a better question is “am I one of the ‘New(ish) members’ mentioned in the OP who need to turn it down?”

In the thread I’m thinking about I was (maybe… seemed like it) called out for posting off-topic (general battery safety and firmware issues) and a lot of my discussion on the subject was fairly wordy and directed at some posters I felt were being antagonistic/overly dramatic/plain ol’ angry.

This thread seems like an appropriate place to have this discussion, and I am happy to get some feedback (positive or otherwise). My intentions haven’t been to hurt or cause harm, but I can see where I might be lumped in based on the OP. Just doing some introspection… :slight_smile: I’m not too easily offended, so speak your minds.

https://images.app.goo.gl/F5nS9GvntYvxgFVw6

The op said he’s not naming or pointing fingers, or words to that effect , because it would probly start a flaming war in a non flaming thread , best not ask.

Got a match?