NEW Nitecore 4xAA XML U2 Light released!

Because its 4*AA and that means much ;)!

I buy AA batteries in 4s or multiples of 4 and my AA charger has 4 slots.

I have 2 other 4xAA lights as well.

Maybe its some sort of OCD but 3 batteries to me is wrong.

what are your other 4xAA’s, and which would you say is best?

Well I only bought this last night so I don’t have it yet.

My other 2 are a PA40W (nw) and a Dorcy 41-4750

The PA40 is my favourite mostly just because of the feel and fit in my hands but its a nice powerful beam as well. Its good for lighting up a large area up to about 100 meters.

The Dorcy I have loaned to my brother and he uses it most nights on his property, it has a very tight beam and the hotspot will overpower the PA40 at any distance and the spill is very usable.

The EA4 even though I think will be awkward to hold/operate I couldn’t go past the 860 lumens. I would rather it be 2 + 2 AA ( like this == ) for the extra length but maybe it wont be so bad.

I’m sure the PA40 will remain my favourite though, and I am considering buying another Dorcy as well as I’d feel bad to take it away from my brother after he has been using it for so long or maybe I’ll buy him one and take mine back.

There seem to be lots of interest (incl me - warm white). Does anyone know how to organize a group buy on eBay?
My understanding is individual price has gone to as low as $57 shipped.

EA4 under $60 USD…worldwide free shipping… illuminationsupply.com
Use coupon code EA4 at checkout for an extra 15% off.

I just placed my order for the Nitecore EA4… I ordered it from Illumination Supply. :bigsmile:

…no one escapes this post without one.

I know that’s true… I have been wanting one from the day this was posted!! :wink:

I’m almost glad I couldn’t figure it out yesterday cus I need to stop.

Oh man, you are going to love it. This is a great light.

Cool I can’t wait!! :wink:

im hoping im still able to get one under $60 after xmas. if not maybe someone will have a NW one they dont want and will trade for a 7g2cs + some cash :wink:

got it today.. nice light :)

Cool or neutral?

Ive seen a few beamshots but interested in more, especially if its the neutral one.

What's the parasitic drain on this light?

How long will fully charged batteries last?

FastTech has added the Nitecore EA4 to their site - $49.05!

-Garry

I need to do more testing but battery life with standard eneloops appears to suck. i haven't done an actual runtime test but just using it here and there the batteries drain fairly quickly when using the turbo mode. Possibly the low battery indicator is overly sensitive? Not sure.....

P.S. My Eneloops are within spec and fully broken in

Coupon code: BLF for $46.60

I found that the low voltage indicator flashed on turbo mode while the batteries still showed 60% under load with my ZTS. When set on the other modes the flashing indicator stops. I think this early turbo warning is actually pretty handy as a battery capacity indicator.