[NEW] Nitecore MH20 1000lm 18650 Rechargable - full size switch!

Allow the heat to cool off first.

Ok. Understood

Hmm, the Nitecore website says that the mh10 and mh12 throw farther and have higher kcd despite having narrower reflectors. I wonder if this is actually true.

The depth of the reflector is also important

So it the throw #s are to be believed, then this light offers no real advantage over the mh10. Not worth the extra money in my opinion.

Interface of MH20 seems more complete, and is 2,5 cm shorter

I think, MH20 also have a thermal management (MH12 and MH10 steps by time), but I’m not sure about this.

They seem to have different efficiencies. Not sure on the high end with the different step downs, but according to nitecore specs, the mh10 is a lot more efficient on the lower modes.

Good Day,

Have a look at this: Nitecore MH20 with a Nitecore NL183 18650 U$65 with Free CONUS shipping:

Nitecore MH20 New Release!

Nitecore MH20 New Release! | Candle Power Flashlight Forum!

Best Regards,

George

Yes! GB +1

The MH20 looks great on paper, but I think it has one serious flaw: Very long recharge time.

If you look at the manual (http://www.nitecore.com/UploadFile/Files/download/1-1_MH20_UM_en.pdf), it states it takes 6 hours to recharge the battery. Nitecore’s specs are based on a 2600mAh battery, so it looks like the MicroUSB port only draws 0.5 Ampere.
I wouldn’t have expected a 2A power draw, but at least 1A should have been done. If you use it with a 3100 or 3400mAh battery, recharge time will be 7 or 8 hours.

IMHO, this defeats the purpose of having a MicroUSB-Port, which is the ability to recharge it easily and everywhere.

A flashlight is a pipe bomb, I think better for safety, charge limit 0.5 A inside the flahslight.
Battery Can be charged when you use the flashlight a little, not neccessary complete discharge for use the charger option!!! (the time will be less. For fast Charge there are other options)

I think what they were thinking was that the ability to recharge a light anywhere with a very available micro-usb charger for smart phones was more important. Many phone chargers do not have the 1A ability so with that and safety in mind they most like chose the .5A charge rate. Again that is just my opinion.

I have the MH10. I do not care for the "hold down to change modes" UI but it is what it is. I am not sure what this UI is like and hopefully not like the EC25. I have not used/tested it in a work environment because of the UI (although fellow coworkers did) but it is nice to know that I have a unit that does not require that I carry extra batteries or charger. In my case it (the MH10) is more for "home use" where the light is not used all day or night for prolonged periods and then just placed on charge after each use.

Just and FYI...at work all-in-one rechargeable lights are used extensively (Steamlight Strion and Fenix). Both have 6 to 7 hour charge times and they just go on charge at the end of shift. The bigger issue with the rechargeables is using the light wisely so they do not run out of battery (both have proprietary batteries unlike the Oilght and Nitecore which uses a standard battery and no ability to charge an extra battery like the Olight and Nitecore).

For those of us that do use our lights at work the MH20 (or any of the Nitecore MH series) can give us an the extra ability to charge the light without having to change the battery but if we have to then we can :)

“Everywhere” rechargeability is certainly the main point of having a microUSB-port. But 1A is really not a large current. I am no expert, but I think this could have been done without sacrificing safety.
In the current day, almost all “good” USB chargers will deliver at least 1A. And my guess is, anyone who would be buying the MH20 at that pricepoint, has certainly already a 2A USB charger.

Since the main feature of the MH20 is the small size, I wouldn’t want to carry a separate battery or a charger. But once the battery depletes, it just takes too much time to really be able to use it again. Recharging for 30 minutes would yield only ~12% capacity, so it would be usable only for very few minutes after that.

Just my two cents that Nitecore didn’t think it through during product development.

Can you comment about other brands or models with charge inside flashlight of 1A?, please.

if I do not forget I can hook up some USB chargeable lights to my new USB do tor…

I only have checked MH10,MH12, Klarus RS16 XP-L and Manker Rambler, any is over 0.5A (Manker is around 600mA for 2 or 3 minutes, after that down fast at 350-360 mA, Klarus is around 530-550 mA).

I was not saying that the MH20 is bad compared to the competition, just that this was a missed opportunity because it diminished its other features.

Regarding other flashlights, out of the top of my head the current Powertac Hero (1x26650) draws 1A. The upcoming “Fogo” flashlight (2x18650) will offer 1.8A USB charging, the Zerohour Relic XR (1x18650) will offer 1A.

Wow,… price for Fogo and Relic, please? :ghost: ……… (not price yet?)

Could not find prices on the FOGO but if the other two are indication...

Powertac Hero approx $145USD

Zerohour Relic XR approx $125USD

While they may be good lights there are a good many other alternatives if one can do without 1A charge rate