New: Noctigon Meteor M43 ; in production New color added: Tan

What’s being called “Stone White” is a natural aluminum finish that’s hard anodized. It appears to be bead blasted before the anodize process and it looks sensational! :wink:

Can anyone explain to me how to save my modes in ui3?
I’m just trying to reverse the roles of Ui1.
Instead of one click to low and two clicks to high, I want one click to high and two clicks to low.
I just don’t understand how to program this memory.

It really does, and I think I could justify having one in the collection so it can fill the ‘Most expensive, most output, and most sexy’ slot. :slight_smile:

STOP TALKING ABOUT IT UNTIL I BUY ONE. You are not making the wait easy

I agree with this man! Thanks! I’d love to get this light right now, but don’t have the extra dough. If I could just have one 1000 lumen plus light it’d be this one. I guess I could sell a light or two.

WooHoo! I,ve managed to pull the XHG2 S4 2B,s and put a mix of V6 3D, V5 3D, and V6 1A with shaved domes for a total emitter thickness of 1mm in their place. For whatever reason though it looks like I’m losing output for the tint gain. Batteries are charging, should have a better idea what the output is in a little while.

I cut a square hole in a sheet of 1.1mm thick copper to hold the emitter while shaving the dome off with a scalpel. Tint looks good but it’s probably not the same as the new one’s from Cree.

At least I know it’s doable though, right? :big smile:

With 12 xpl emitters in place, 8 V6’s and 4 V5’s, it’s making 6697 lumens with fresh 35a’s.

What gives?

Edit…tail current is 21.99Amps

Outrageous. I just ordered the lowest output version with the Nichia LEDs but the 90+ CRI beam so color rendition should be excellent even if the light output is not maximized. I also have Richards 12 LED M6 Prototype though so a comparable monster in the arsenal.

I think that what Dale means when he says, “What Gives”, is that he should be getting more light than that - That is less light than you get with the XP-G2s.

Thanks,

-Chuck

Richard pulled some magic and got the S2 1D D-D model I wanted to me just hours before our Moab trip. :slight_smile: We’re leaving in 3 hrs. I’m sticking with UI1 for this trip because it’s so simple. I’ll experiment with the other 2 UI’s after I get back home. I did turn the beacon off. May have to take a long night hike and try this out. Maybe the Hidden Valley/Moab Rim trails thru hike would be a good area to try it out. Probably will make at least one night time 4WD trip so I can try some night pictures with the M43 shining on the jeep and trail obstacles. We’ll see.

That would be nice but I haven’t seen such an in-depth review either here or at candlepowerforums. There is a review in German if I recall but didn’t see any such output vs runtime tables for all the different levels. However, it appears this light’s circuitry is well designed, efficient, and robust for what its meant to do. The parasitic drain is also very low at 21 microAmps as measured by CPF member Giacomo.

My review has two of the runtimes listed and tested… and one of them tested on two different battery chemistries. I don’t think anyone has put each mode through an integrating sphere to test the outputs. In the manual the current draw is listed… so you might could calculate runtimes of all other modes based upon that. My review has the fullest one has been, but since this light was passed around to many people, and no one got more than a week with it, you probably won’t find a very in depth one. JMPaul still has the light as far as I know, so maybe he could post the outputs for all levels.

Pictures by Bluzie:

Tint comparison. attention: all lights are in low power modus

All lights on turbo power:

We will add the XP-L version soon.

Great pics! IMO the tint on the XP-G2 S3 3D is MUCH better than the tint on the Nichia 219BT. Absolutely perfect!

Now I have to put my S2-DD in the IS and see how it compares to my 7300 lumen TN36. If it beats that I'll be impressed! :D

The S2 dedomed to beat that in lumens in the integrated sphere? I don't think so. I mean it's not rated that high.

I don’t think it will either but some have measured crazy high output from the M43 S2-DD. Far more than the claimed output from Hank.

Might be the camera settings, but the tint on the DD looks really yellow with a really ugly beam pattern. :frowning:

Yeah. I am almost willing to bet something got mixed up there, because my xpg2 DD looks nowhere near that tint or beam pattern.

My DD has the ringiest beam I've ever seen. Looks like the rings of Saturn on a white wall. Outdoors it's not noticeable at all. My tint though is a beautiful NW with no green, blue, yellow, or purple tinges.