New: Noctigon Meteor M43 ; in production New color added: Tan

It is because of the dedome the rings are present, you could see them in Mhanlen video.

Check this sort of beam, this is the JKK35 :) I'd say this sort of common beam type is much worse, not even round.

this is why I did not order one of these M43s. If I am going to pay over $200 for a light and cells I want to like EVERYTHING about it. Sure I want one, but.

” If I am going to pay over $200 for a light and cells I want to like EVERYTHING about it.”

You too?

Please let me know if you ever find one:-)

I do hear ya Pat, and thanks!

-Chuck

+1

It could well be the camera giving the incorrect tint.

Since there seems to be a significant difference in the beam pattern between two similar units, I wonder what the reason is. Maybe something related to the optics?

Tint aside, for 12 LEDs the beam is round, not multi-star shaped.

Strange I never noticed rings on my xpg2 DD beam but i must admit when i look at a white wall reflection i usually see nothing but spots afterwards. Outside i don’t see rings like the photo above and the tint is a slightly yellower than neutral white which i like.

Correction: I put some sunglasses on and did a white wall test and confirm its pretty ringy outside the huge hot spot. never noticed it before outdoors.

We had 3 dedomed XP-G2 S2 1D to compare. All had nearly the same tint. All had nearly the same beam pattern.

Of course camera settings could be the reason, if the tint is too green on the foto. But please compare to the pics of the other Meteor versions, that are made with the same camera settings! There is no green coloration visible.

The white-wall-comparison was made with another camera and other camera settings. Though you can see the ringish beam pattern and yellow/greenish tint of the dedomed XP-G2 S2 1D too in this white-wall-shot.

My conclusions or thoughts:

- fotos could show beam charakteristics and colorations more intensively than we have the impression of it in reality

- Without direct comparison to other flashlights our eyes are not able to evaluate the real/exact color tint of a flashlight

• man’s sensitivity for beam patterns and coloration is different

This is good news indeed. An amazing amount of consistency among 3 units, considering each unit has 12 emitters. Everything about it seems likeable to me now.

That ^

Unfortunatly, i may have absolute vision or am particularly sensitive to green spectrum, i see green tint even when not compared to other sources of light my eyes don’t need calibration to notice the puke green tint most people are oblivious to if the light is the only source of illumination, that’s why i didn’t order the DD meteor and was very sceptical regarding the reports about tint from other member, i have never seen a dedomed led that is not uncomfortably green to my eyes, never.

These are all fair points. My xpg2 DD doesn’t look as warm in my eyes as the photos show, however if it really is that much warmer than the others, then I am glad I got the xpg2 DD. I am a big fan of warmer tints.

Thanks for the great comparison!

How is the tint and beam pattern of the 3 DD lights, to your eyes?

Thank you for your input.

Reverse logic.

Because they have 12 emitters in the same bin, you would have more chance for consistency than on individual level! Just think about it, and you'll see what I mean ;)

I suppose you get the average of the 12 emitters.

Do any owners of the DD M43 see green in their tint?

Yes, my 1D dedomed M43 arrived today.

The tint has the characteristic greenish that every dedomed CREE LED I’ve ever seen has.

If I shine it on a wall or out in the world it’s not very noticeable. Especially because it’s so incredibly bright at higher power settings things just look white.

But if I shine it at lower power next to other light with prettier tints the green is immediately noticeable. Note that part of this may be due to tint-shift at lower currents as this is a current controlled light.

The green is quite pronounced. If I crank the M43 down to medium and shine it next to my DQG18650 neutral at max, the DQG’s tint looks enormously superior. Then I turn off the M43 and shine the DQG18650 at a wall next to the beam from a modded 1x18650 light with 4D tint and the DQG is the one with the crap tint.

At turbo or high-medium, the bad tint isn’t very noticeable simply due to the overwhelming intensity of light produced. So overall, I’d rate the greenish tint as being much less of a problem than it is in a weaker light. Still, if you’re a total tint snob and absolutely hate green tint under all circumstances, you should probably steer clear of the dedomed XPG2. Instead go with 3D tint or the Nichia.

Of course, with the M43 we have more choices than with most other lights on the market. If we don’t want rings or green, there are the other 3 choices with smoother and more neutral tint.

I played with 2 “standard” batteries (used 2 isolated pulls as dummies to keep all in place)

gave me 2200 on turbo in my light box (6100 with HE2)

tripped the fuse when using only one :smiley:
but low modes worked

You mean 6100 with 2pcs HE2?

Well my Stone White XP-G2 3D version arrived today! I am absolutely stoked with this light, I would go as far as to say out of my 30+ lights this is my favourite already and I have only had it for a few hours. Big kudos to Hank for creating this.

Just everything about it is awesome. I can’t wait for tonight so I can try it out properly.

It is also much smaller than I imagined it being. I pictured it being similar to my TN36 but it is much much smaller.