New: Noctigon Meteor M43 ; in production New color added: Tan

Also, out of curiosity, is it worth doing the usual braiding of the battery carrier springs on this light?

Probably not. Considering the springs are beryllium-copper and soldered onto a copper base already. I don't think adding braiding into the mix would produce a noticeable difference.

I left mine stock. I did clean all contact points with deoxit though. Otherwise, it was good to go as is. I even thought the lube was ok out of the box.

no - with 4

but I will test with 1-2-3-4 maybe…

FWIW, I wire braided the springs on the tail mcpcb of my Meteor. To my recollection, the bronze phosphor or beryllium springs tend to sag with heat under load. There’s very little room in this light to accept any sag of the springs, so I put in wire bypasses to be on the safe side. :wink:

Edit: I meant compressed, where I said sag. The bronze phosphor or beryllium springs will compress and become shorter under a load.

Djozz's testing the voltage drop at 6A.

http://www.fstoplights.com/noctigon-meteor-m43-searchlight-12-x-led-stone-white-finish-options-available/

Good news! I didn’t know the 3D was recently available somewhere - maybe you ordered it a while ago and are now receiving it due to the shipping time. Let us know how things turn out at night. Can you post beamshots and maybe how many yards/meters it can reach out to on turbo?

Firelight - thank you for your input - very helpful since I am trying to decide whether to go with the DD or 3D just as you mentioned. I am not a tint snob but I do like white light, and at the same time, if a light carries 4 batts, I feel it ought to throw decently too.

NW is what I prefer. Sounds like you got a decent unit. If I may ask though, is there any green on low mode?

My 1D DD looks exactly like the beam in Amaretto’s picture in post #753 of this thread. I consider that quite green. And yes the beam is ringy.

But like Johnnymac noted… it’s not noticeable outdoors. The light throws very well and it looks great.

Indoors at max power the raw output is blindingly bright and washes out the green. At low power modes however, it’s a yellowish green.

ok, thank you again Firelight! More neutral on hi, warmer on low.

It does have a greenish tinge in the lower modes but the brighter modes are clean NW with no yellow or green tint.

ok, thank you Johnny. Does the “low power modus” photo on post #753 represent what you see?

Sorry if it has been mentioned already. But has anyone measured how much current the switch back light or switch beacon draws?

Good question. The less the current draw, the likelier the beacon will be used.

CPF forum member “Giocomo” measured the parasitic drain of the M43 when I inquired about it so maybe he might be willing to measure the beacon drain if you ask over at CPF.

Amazing. The interest in this light seems to have just died! Nobody is posting reviews, beamshots, opinions, etc. Flash in the pan? If it is such a great light how come nobody who has received theirs is posting anything Bizarre to me. I wanted to purchase one, but didn’t…… and the lack of interest is making me happy I didn’t.

thoughts?

Where exactly have you pulled that "nobody" from? :)

Read CPF, BLF and TLF and you see opinions, beamshots etc. Just go back a page and see beamshots. :)

well even since my (long avaited ) meteor landed I read every update. …

unfortunately I did not manage to write about my new favorite but trying to find a good beamshot location is fun also!

right this night I was driving through the night, and in between the wine yards I used a “citizens only” tiny road. (it was 1 am)
suddenly two guys stepped in front of my company car (number plates from a different state ) and stopped me, asking what the hell I am doing there…
in the end I was invited to visit their fresh rebuilt 150 year old wine cellar, eating home made cheese from the Austrian mountains with self made white bread and drank their home brewed beer. 3 different kinds which tasted great btw.
the guys have been “illuminated” quite a bit before I came there, but I think I really impressed them with the meteor also :bigsmile:

I wouldn’t take that as a bad thing. If anything everyone is out using their light and is too busy to write a review or take beamshots.

I am still confident in saying it’s the best light in my collection.

Just received my second M43 two days ago. This one is the Nichia with the updated 5000k emitters. Love it!!! Thinking about getting a third with the S3 3D emitters if more are built (i would like a white one this time!). It is rumored that only 300 may be produced. I suspect that others may be buying more than one also. Vinhnguyen54 said it was the best made stock light that he has ever came across, in one of his UI videos for this light that he released the other day. I have to agree with Vinh!
These lights may get gobbled up fast. Perhaps Hank closed his site so he could focus on production of these exquisite lights. Some folks may regret sitting on the fence too long, who knows?