【New Product】XTAR 1.2V AA 2500mAh Battery

New xtar 1.2V AA 2500mAh battery was released online!

Check more details: XTAR 1.2V AA 2500mAh Battery_ShenZhen XTAR Electronics Co., Ltd_Shenzhen XTAR Electronics Co., Ltd. - XTAR originated in 2006, is an electronic technology company integrating research and dev

Main features:
• Nominal capacity 2500mAh
• Quick discharge current 1.25A
• ≥500cycles, eco-friendly
• Pre-charged partially with solar energy
• Low self-discharge rate
• Working temperature 0-45℃
• Worldwide Guarantee
• Widely used for camera flashes, electric toys, walkie talkie, etc.

My first impression was it’s a 1.2V variety of the 1.5V Li-ion battery but it turns out to be a Ni-MH battery. That would be a first AFAIK.

I wonder if it’s a worthy contender for the famous Eneloop (Pro) that I like a lot.

1 Thank

New old tech… lithium supply is depleted?

Oh man, XTAR dropping a 1.2V AA with 2500mAh? That’s pretty exciting stuff for us gadget geeks! :nerd_face::battery:

The 1.25A quick discharge current is a game-changer, especially for high-drain devices like camera flashes. I mean, I can’t count the number of times I’ve been on a shoot, and my flash starts to slow down because of the batteries. :triumph::camera_flash:

And can we talk about that ≥500 cycles? Plus, it comes pre-charged partially with solar energy? That’s a win-win, both for us and the environment. :earth_africa::recycle:

Definitely planning to grab a few packs for my camera gear and maybe even my kid’s electric toys. The low self-discharge rate is just the cherry on top! :cherries:

It sounds suspiciously like it comes from the same factory.

This guy has tested an Eneloop Pro at 2.5A discharge current: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TS3bPGBWvWM
Granted, it gave out only ~2100mAh before reaching the 1.0V cut-out, but even so it’s twice as much as for this XTAR cell (which I would bet also gives less than nominal at high discharge current).

AFAIK, that’s exactly the same specs as the Eneloop Pros.

I would wait for someone reliable and unaffiliated to do an in-depth test first, if I were you. Eneloops are known quantities – those XTARs, not at all.

1 Thank

At first I thought this was a sarcastically enthusiastic post…now I think this user is AI-generated nonsense! Evidence (besides this ridiculous post): spam link edited into a different post (already reported).

2 Thanks

I just reported that post as well.
Looks like he’s a sneaky spammer. :+1:

2 Thanks

Oh crap, on a second reading I think you might both be right, and I feel quite stupid for having taken it seriously at first :person_facepalming:

OTOH I can’t find that spam-linking post (the user page for that person only lists 3 posts and none of them have a link, at least AFAICS), perhaps it’s been already taken out.

1 Thank

It’s a hidden (due to reports presumably) under Fenix PD35R, has anyone installed a shorter rubber boot?. Also well-constructed English but doesn’t really make sense as the responses indicate. But it failed my Turing test.

I haven’t tried the 1.5v lithium AA replacements, but a 1.2v version of the same does sound like an interesting idea at least. No idea if there’s a use-case separate from 1.5v.

Or as the AI would say, “wow, I can’t believe that they managed to fit an entire 1.2V in a single battery!”.

1 Thank

Your Turing-fu is much stronger than mine :slight_smile:

:laughing: