New Skyray 3*T6 at Manafont, model 818

5 and yes and yes, it also has that horrendous 4300 lumen claim laser engraved... Very nice light apart from that. It does however produce a somewhat triangular spill beam, a clover leaf pattern if you will.

Interesting, my 850 has 3-modes and no printing on it anywhere.

I am very jealous, I hate the printing and the blinky modes...

How is the current draw on high?

Is the PWM noticeable on your version?

Actually it does have blinky...it's High, Low, Blinky (3-modes) PWM is barely noticeable, you really have to look for it. Just goes to show that MF does NOT "QC" their lights no matter how stickers they put on the package (4 of those QC's stickers on package) and besides it's not QC, it's QA.

The vendor can't QC because they didn't make the light, they can however test the light to be sure it meets the published spec; that's QA. Guess they can't tell the difference between 3-mode & 5-mode and NO printing on the lights tube like in the picture, BUT it still passed "QC" 4 times and was shipped out anyway, I'd fire some people if I was them.

My DMM is out on loan right now, so I can't test current for you....I'm very happy, Dare I say it?? This light works out of the package, unlike the 818.

Since my 818 only seems to pull around 1.78A at the tailcap, I'm considering some IMR 18350s and dedicating it for use as a "shorty". Has anyone verified that it will work with 18350s?

is it just me that cant belive people are still gambling with the sky rays ?

i wonder why people dont like trying the TR-3T6 constant current buck plus bost driver with a good screw in that will handle long run times.

you can buy spare driver if needed but you should not need it Triple T6 Cree Circuit Board Driver you can use the cail cap switch, bezel, glass lense, o-rings and extention tube from the TR-1200 if you damage the light externaly

there is two modles

TrustFire TR-3T6 Triple XM-L T6 5-Modes Memory LED Flashlight (3x18650)

TrustFire TR-3T6 Triple XM-L T6 5 Modes LED Flashlight (2x18650)

you can run the light for 60 min's no worries but it might be a tad less bright but should give you longer run times

there is a thread here

https://budgetlightforum.com/t/-/3304

@benckie, Manafont has discontinued the drop-in version (3800), after many failures, and has stated they only have a 3 day warranty. My 818 came DOA, my 3800 died in two days, after conservative runtimes on high.

I fixed my 818 (open solder connection on + battery wafer), but it only pulls 1.78A at the tailcap on high, and the beam is quite purple, all modes. The driver is 5-mode, instead of what was advertised. The flaccid output of this light follows the low tailcap current.

Others may do what they like, it's their money, but based on my experience with two skyray flashlights from them, and their customer servce (lack theref), I won't be buying any more.

I'm sure there are glowing reviews on the skyrays I purchased, but I'm done. I really wanted to like the skyrays, too.

Buyer beware!

P.S. @benckie, you really seem to be pushing the trustfire brand very hard? Are their lights really that much better than all the other el-cheapo lights we buy from China? I will say that the skyray lights I do have, have very heavy host bodies. Impressive hosts, actually. The STL-V6 I have, is very lightweight, which is good for me, as the light serves as a gun light, for my marauder. At first, I was put-off at the lightweight host. It feels "cheap".

Manafont has put a disclaimer "not recommended to run on high for longtime" on the two lights you linked. It would seem they got burned (as well as customers) on the skyray 3800 failures. Truth of the matter is, the driver for the 3800 drop-in, can't cope with the extreme heat, due to poor heat conduction. Long runtimes didn't cause most of the 3800 drop-in failures. Poor engineering did. I could only run mine 10 minutes max, before the host became too hot to hold comfortably.

He's on a link laying spree containing his referral to Manafont.

trustfire give me $100 usd for every time i mention the name trustfire on this forum, so here we go trustfire lols, i have friends who brought the sky rays 3800 and 4300 and where not very happy, but we seam to like the TR-3T6 and i realy like the TR-1200 and i like my trustfireflame batteries from manafront not DX. i just seam to like my trustfire lights i must be lucky i quess, sorry if it comes across im pushing the trustfire brand as i have nothing to do with them other then i buy some of there lights and i like to recomend lights i like and i just hate seeing friends and fellow forum members spend one on some thing crap (and keep doing it) when there is some thing the same but better out there, but here is another brand i like and i realy like the jetbeam bc40 is the best one ive seen for a while bang vs buck not skimping on quailty, but im keen to try out the STL-V6 its in my wanted to buy list and sitting in my DX cart but ive been holding off.

I have my Trustfire 3T6 a little over a month and I've done many 45 minute runs with it on high no problem. It's proven itself in my book. I ordered a spare driver board just in case it ever fails.

Wink

it only works if you dont already have a manafont account already and actualy buy some thing i got the idea from a thread on here about it and i wondered why there was a code on the end of some peoples link all the time, if its good for them its good for me.

i also link the TR-1200 from DX alot but i dont get 2 us cents if you buy it i just like linking it cause i like the torch, you can have that one for free Tongue out

i wondered how yours was going as i have not heard you around on the TR-3T6 thread.

My STL-V6 has an off-center emitter, which gives some asymmetrical artifacts around the hotspot. This is the only glaring complaint I have, on this light.

Let me go out on a limb, and say the Manafont "buying buddy" scheme looks very "pyramid" like. Just saying...

you would only see that if you used it on a white wall or ceiling ? as i have a uniquefire like that but out in the feild i cant see the affects ?

I thought I mentioned it a few times. Maybe I'm dreaming :) Anyway, I'm very happy I didn't get the Sky Ray. The 3T6 works great. My only complaint is why didn't they hide or eliminate the disco modes? I personally find them annoying.

@benckie, you may see the artifacts on any smooth surface, indoors, or out.

My Fenix TK35 has an off center emitter. It doesn't seem to affect the beam at all, at least to my eyes it doesn't.

ahh see i mainy use the light in forrest or opean feilds sofar the kd c8 and one uniquefire have ring,s and a funny beam due to the emmiters off center but where i use them i dont notice it only inside but i cant say sofar ive noticed it out side.

ill have to give the STL-V6 but this one has caught my eye TrustFire SST-50 i have never had a SST led yet and not sure if its worth it, they seam like good leds that can be driven hard but im not sure on them.

I’m more critical than most, I guess. It’s just my nature… ;-]

I hear ya. If I noticed sometime wasn't right with the beam, it would bother the hell out of me. Luckily I haven't :)

My TK35 off center emitter.