New Skyray 3*T6 at Manafont, model 818

He's on a link laying spree containing his referral to Manafont.

trustfire give me $100 usd for every time i mention the name trustfire on this forum, so here we go trustfire lols, i have friends who brought the sky rays 3800 and 4300 and where not very happy, but we seam to like the TR-3T6 and i realy like the TR-1200 and i like my trustfireflame batteries from manafront not DX. i just seam to like my trustfire lights i must be lucky i quess, sorry if it comes across im pushing the trustfire brand as i have nothing to do with them other then i buy some of there lights and i like to recomend lights i like and i just hate seeing friends and fellow forum members spend one on some thing crap (and keep doing it) when there is some thing the same but better out there, but here is another brand i like and i realy like the jetbeam bc40 is the best one ive seen for a while bang vs buck not skimping on quailty, but im keen to try out the STL-V6 its in my wanted to buy list and sitting in my DX cart but ive been holding off.

I have my Trustfire 3T6 a little over a month and I've done many 45 minute runs with it on high no problem. It's proven itself in my book. I ordered a spare driver board just in case it ever fails.

Wink

it only works if you dont already have a manafont account already and actualy buy some thing i got the idea from a thread on here about it and i wondered why there was a code on the end of some peoples link all the time, if its good for them its good for me.

i also link the TR-1200 from DX alot but i dont get 2 us cents if you buy it i just like linking it cause i like the torch, you can have that one for free Tongue out

i wondered how yours was going as i have not heard you around on the TR-3T6 thread.

My STL-V6 has an off-center emitter, which gives some asymmetrical artifacts around the hotspot. This is the only glaring complaint I have, on this light.

Let me go out on a limb, and say the Manafont "buying buddy" scheme looks very "pyramid" like. Just saying...

you would only see that if you used it on a white wall or ceiling ? as i have a uniquefire like that but out in the feild i cant see the affects ?

I thought I mentioned it a few times. Maybe I'm dreaming :) Anyway, I'm very happy I didn't get the Sky Ray. The 3T6 works great. My only complaint is why didn't they hide or eliminate the disco modes? I personally find them annoying.

@benckie, you may see the artifacts on any smooth surface, indoors, or out.

My Fenix TK35 has an off center emitter. It doesn't seem to affect the beam at all, at least to my eyes it doesn't.

ahh see i mainy use the light in forrest or opean feilds sofar the kd c8 and one uniquefire have ring,s and a funny beam due to the emmiters off center but where i use them i dont notice it only inside but i cant say sofar ive noticed it out side.

ill have to give the STL-V6 but this one has caught my eye TrustFire SST-50 i have never had a SST led yet and not sure if its worth it, they seam like good leds that can be driven hard but im not sure on them.

I’m more critical than most, I guess. It’s just my nature… ;-]

I hear ya. If I noticed sometime wasn't right with the beam, it would bother the hell out of me. Luckily I haven't :)

My TK35 off center emitter.

Posted this in the other Sky ray thread. 2A on high for 2x brand new Panasonic 3100mAh cells that were pretty fresh (4.10v unloaded). This is the 850 model, 5 mode, titanium color.

Did I get a "dud"? Or is it because the Panasonics don't drop that much voltage under load?

Maybe yours has a low current draw but it should last alot longer then the others, the panisoncis dont drop much voltage under load but they have a low internal resistance compaired to cheaper cells so they should give decent current draw, unless they are the protected ones from int-out door the pcb might be limitting the current.

I think this will be much better i got one comming to test out.

TrustFire TR-J12 Cree XM-L T6 5-LED 4500-Lumen 5-Mode Memory Flashlight - Black Aluminum Alloy Finish (3 x 26650/3 x 18650)

I know you're excited, but 11 threads, benckie?

Referrals

crap that many sorry guys i am very excited as its my xmass gift, im going throught all my unanswered watched threads since im not working now and have time but ill be honest im out of my tree just got home from the pub, please mark my post as spam ill turn the net off now i think