New Solarforce P1 - Is Available!

Come on guys ZAPP him!

Wow did I just kill a spammer?

Marc.

I think i made the right choice with my thermo-regulated drop-in. It wont be brighter than when it's at 55C otherwise, the protection kicks in.

Plastic head and price more than $20? No thanks.

It does seem like a missed opportunity to make a much better light.

Marc.

I wonder if the A001 head would fit? That would help with the heat.

I have a black P1 on the way and I promise to make every effort to melt it . . .

weshallseeFoy

I have a tan one on the way and my plan is to run a one mode xre drop-in in it. Looking forward to your results Foy.

All those colors available and you still went with black? Foy...

JK. To be honest, I'd take black in a flashlight like this. It has to be a dark color. A bright color, like yellow, would only remind me of Eveready. Flat black is still my go-to for flashlights. Gun metal is definitely preferable, but not always.

I got a yellow one today. It's a damn shame its such a piss poor design. If only they would have extended the aluminum up into the drop-in holder, it would be a nice host. I actually put an XP-G triple in it and it looks and works great, but that's due to the fact that the triple is made from a heavy copper slug that can absorb a good amount of heat.

Hey, mitro:

Review of the P1 over at CPF: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?335992-Solarforce-P1-P60-Host-Review#top

Also, an interesting thread on dying the Surefire G2 that might work with the P1: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?208120-Orange-Surefire-G2&highlight=g2+nitrolon+color+orange

Nice review. Very informative but every picture you click puts Asian girl pop-ups on the screen.

Foy

Well, I'm just gonna have to mosey on back over there and check that out!

Edit: Dang it, must be another Windows thing... Didn't do that for me.

Dunno but I got also just some boring pics of flashlights

Of course, now it's not doing it. Anyway, I'm glad I read this before mine came.

Foy

That is a great review. With my triple dropin, its more like his “copper ring” solution that a standard reflectored p60 dropin, so it may transfer some heat to the battery tube.

I'm not sure what the final plan is going to be for this host, but it won't be running 3A for an hour at a time.

It's actually cheaper on ebay right now! Well, if you include the $2 shipping and assuming you're not bundling it with anything else. It's $27.54 shipped, so all you're saving is $0.46.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Solarforce-P1-Black-GFRP-HA3-aluminum-Flashlight-Body-/270936611726?pt=US_Flashlights&hash=item3f15149b8e#ht_2308wt_1037

Got my yellow P1 today, it is exactly what I expected, a nice P60 host made almost out of plastic. I did not expect it to be capable of taking much heat as we are talking about a plastic flashlight.

A high current dropin is not what it is made for, I have a U2 bin XM-L dropin from Kai on order where I will implant a 3-mode AK-47 driver with 1A on high, I guess this will give me about 300+ lumen, more than enough for an emergency light to put in the car.

I have already swopped the foward clicky with a reverse one, the ones solarforce sells for the L2P fit perfectly after trimming down the tailcap button.