New WildTrail (former LuckSun) BLF-D80v2 Sale is open.

I have heard this said Marc, but the two lights I got work on Toykeepers Bistro UI, not this 26 mode group platform.

For example, if I click 16 times to enter the configuration menu and wait for five blinks, click it, then it blinks out 8 times for a selection of 1 thru 8 mode levels… I can click on the fifth blink and I will have 5 modes. I can click on the 4th blink and I will have 4. If I turn moon on at the configuration level 3 then I will have 6 modes (after selecting five) and 5 modes ( after selecting 4)

This is Toykeeper’s Bistro UI, not Flintrocks. I got 2 non-anodized D80’s and mine work the old way, not Flintrocks way.

In other words, both mine work like this…

EDIT: Sorry everybody, in the number of levels configuration 5, it DOES INDEED have 26 levels to choose from! Stuck in my old ways like an old lazy dog. Sorry.

Mine definitely has more than 8 modes.

I think it has 26 modes within the mode group selection, instead of 8.

Thermal calibration is a complete mystery to me.

Thermal calibration: once you enter it it’ll be on steady low for about 1 second then go to max. Simply let it get hot and then when you think that’s enough tap the switch to set that as the max temp.

Its not like anduril where you have to set ambient temp first then set a specific temp.

Cool, thanks!

Somewhere buried in this thread is a list of Flintrock’s mode groups, it is also in the first post (scroll until you are there) of his thread about Bistro OTSM. A link to that thread is in the manual that comes with the D80V2.

I really like his mode group collection because it uses the PWM-less levels of 100%7135 and 100%6x7135 :slight_smile:

I have one of mine set to that mode group, 4 levels no pwm, as you mentioned a while ago. I still want to experiment with some of the other groups. The descriptions of them aren’t exactly crystal clear, so it’s a bit of trial and error.

So are y’all saying that your D80’s have this UI?

Because mine definitely has the normal ToyKeeper UI.

robo819 is still having flickering issues. He’s re-flowed the emitter, even put the emitter on a Noctigon, same flicker. He cleaned the tail cap, no good, still flickers. He’s taken every step, one step at a time, and nothing has solved the issue. He’s presently putting in a new emitter to see if the problem persists. He’s going with an XP-L HI V3 3C on a SinkPAD MCPCB. We’ll know in a few minutes if the final result is the emitter. :wink:

Edit: Oh, by the way, he even cleaned off all the lead-free solder paste and re-applied regular MG Mechanic solder. He even went so far as to clip off the ends of the leads and put new solder on them in order to eliminate the lead-free stuff.

Mine has the standard Bistro as well.

Edit: but with six blinkie modes.

Right, same here, extra blinky modes and a longer than normal length of time on the reverse press. But I like that I can set thermal tolerance at configuration level 7, not seeing that option on the Flintrock UI descriptions.

So, does this mean that we only have group modes 1 to 7 to choose?

Meaning, if I wanted to chose mode group mode 13 (4 regulated levels), that would not be possible?

I'm pretty sure that is correct. I only get 8 blinks while in configuration mode.

@MyRants there are 8 config options, hints the 8 blinks. Once you tap on blink 5 though (mode group selection) you can choose 1-24.

Depends on if you got the Flintrock UI or not. Mine doesn’t have those options, totally different UI.

And on a lighter note, robo819 got the HI installed and it works fine, so the new SST-40 that was in his light is the responsible party for the flickering. Now the question is, did the emitter get damaged due to the extra heat required by the lead-free solder paste?

Robo moved the SST-40 to a new board and it still flickerd, but by putting a different emitter in the flicker is gone, so the nice tint SST-40 in his light, and probably in my first one, was the problem all along. So now the question begs, will others have this kind of issue? Or is it isolated to a few lights that maybe got built differently? As we’ve been discussing, my light and Robo’s light (both mine actually) have ToyKeeper’s Bistro UI but with extra blinkies. Does everyone have this UI or are most of them different with the 26 mode group Flintrock UI?

Curious as to what happened here…

My apologies to MascaratumB and anybody else I may have confused with my bogus information. I was wrong. It seems to work the way cereal killer said it did.

The thing is: after N (15?) clicks to enter the configuration menu, and after the 5th blink (to pick the group mode), people are saying that there are only 8 possible group modes.

Does your light blink up to 24 times after entering the menu 5 of the configuration menu?!
If so, it is the Flintrock’s menu; if not, it isn’t!

EDIT: So it works??? It has 24 blinks for the group modes after the 5th blink on the configuration menu?

TA’s customized 3 channel version of bistro is the same as bistro HD. Same 24 mode groups and extra [actually even more] blinkies.

That’s actually the mode group chart that’s been posted here. AFAIK flinkrock never created a mode group list.

See the TA triple channel driver thread here.

[/quote]
EDIT: So it works??? It has 24 blinks for the group modes after the 5th blink on the configuration menu?
[/quote]

26 blinks actually.

<—-Old Dog New Trick Syndrome

I’m so used to how Bistro works that I would click the fifth blink in the configuration menu level 5 and consider it done. I didn’t realize there were 26 blinks in there! Sorry folks, just me being a dumba$$… :person_facepalming: