New XP-L High Intensity Emitter

You can try these

CREE XP-G/XP-E/XT-E LED reflector positioning gasket (10 pcs)

Hi,

these and these: https://www.fasttech.com/products/1616/10007066/1576101-xm-l-reflector-to-xp-g-reflector-converter doesn´t fit most of the reflectors. I mostly modify the one you mentioned to fit the original centering adapters. I think a simple XP2XM-Adapter (inner diameter of the XP-Footprint and outer diameter of the XM-Footprint) would be perfect. I talked to Hank about it but he has actually no time to develop these.

Greetings

Kenjii

fyi... Just got an email from KD this morn, saying they took my price match request on the XP-L emitter - $6.98 now: http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S024235 for the V2 1C, if it's legit, matching the picture of the CREE label. This also is a pretty good deal: http://www.kaidomain.com/product/details.S024259 - $21.21 for a triple w/optics, of course it's a crappy PCMCB triple...

Funny because I used Hank's price as a reference, but he just increased his price... So, not sure how long KD's price will be for. Ooops, my bad!

KD matched Hank's prices - pros/cons: KD's V2 vs. IO's V3: lower bin but more cool white, 2B vs. 1C.

Interesting, I paid $5.98 ea. at a 10 piece rate for V3 2B HI bare emitters.

Ohhh - crap! Sorry, Hank's pictures got me messed up - I was look'n at the prices for his mounted XP-L HI's, not the bare one, sorry...

I honestly don’t know how we keep all this straight with all the options there are.

Edit: Speaking of options, led4power says that Hank will be producing some Noctigons with the NTC pads on em in the near future. :slight_smile:

I don't like this emitter ??

When I was sitting at CPF I was dumb, and admired to guys who got into mod stuff. But they where mister with their knowledge... I even ordered pills of some respective members there which is funny because that pills are nothing special to me now.

I was lurking at BLF at that time also reading all sorts of threads and I was a bit skeptic until I singed in to you guys. Sining was nat cheap. I have to spend 1 or 2K$ just for start...

Very helpful people here sharing their knowledge and some of them are electricians and some are scientists... WOW!

To short the story...

I just want to say that DE DOME was special for me at that time(thanks Tom E), and it still is... It was kind of special feeling after ruining several emitter to have 1 successful de dome and after assembling that WOW effect, and happiness :) !

But it is OK. This emitter is revolution... Except one thing... Old generations will loose that felling of dedoming while new generations will not have that thrilling/disappointing feeling of dedome process because CREE made real stuff.

CREE listens and watches BLF and they created something good like this emitter. This is great emitter... Well done guys... Continue this trend on smaller and bigger cree brothers(XP-G2, XP-E2, MT-G2, etc)...

+1 - my first real mod light was a Crelant 7G9 done by vinh. Later (after BLF'ing), I found how to do the mod better Smile. We all are learning, so I'm sure vinh could have done the mod better a few months later as well.

Your right - this is a bit of a change, if more flat dome LED's do follow from CREE, then it is a revolution. Same thing occurred with SinkPAD's and Noctigons - before them, if we wanted the same effect we had to build/mod up our own DTP MCPCB's -- all that innovation and mod'n work came to a halt for the most part.

High bin XP-G2's would be my next choice! Hoping we could get a lower Vf out of a de-domed one that's factory done.

Where the best sources/sellers stocking these now?

I think De-dome will always have a place for the ultimate in throw, just not the best tint? Case in point the TK61V4 –740kcd? With out the help of a bunch of magnifying glasses in front of it! :wink: But alas I do like the HI-XPL a lot! :heart_eyes:

Dunno - I got some on order from Hank (IOS) when they come in stock, they will ship - I do always trust Hank. KD shows stock, if you trust you will get what they say (V2 1C I believe). Some guys ordered the triples from Richard, then took them off the trip PCMCB to re-use. THink maybe DigiKey has some - Mouser seemed to show no stock of qty 1 ordering. Think Cutter has them - not sure. I haven't gotten any in my hands yet.

Dunno details on vinh's - is that a XP-L V4 hot dedomed? Amps? Cool results though - always thought the TK61 reflector should do better than a TN31.

I LIKE WHITE LIGHT and I CANNOT LIE
Big lights that brighten up the sky
Packed in Cypreus Sinner Copper
Makes me sing like the ole Big Bopper
And it’s all becauseoftheCree HI!

:bigsmile:

Yes, my little Copper Cypreus is now sporting XP-L HI emitters.
5700K from these is WHITE. I Like It! A LOT!

That worked out so well I had to get a big bowl of strawberry shortcake as a reward to meself. :bigsmile:

Results are in! lol

This little copper light, one of Sinner’s first (the driver is one of the first FET drivers ever, no ground pads on the battery side if anyone remembers those) pulls 8.15A from an Efest Purple 18350 for 2494.35 lumens at start. It falls (plummets?) like a jumbo jet out of fuel, which is to be expected I guess.

Wondering about the HI, I put an LG HE2 in it and ran it… 11.78A for 3039.45 lumens. These are the XP-L U5 5700K HI from Richard, bought from him already installed on the triple Noctigon.

Tint is awesome, really brings this little Cypreus into line with my more recent builds and I’m glad I stuck this triple in this particular light. :wink:

I need four of these asap once they become available for my 25 amp Quad-DST thrower project. (which has been on hold waiting for more powerful emitters than the XM-L2s. ( i thought about dedoming four XP-E2s for the project, but they i don’t think they can handle the higher amps of the test drivers i’m using.

Hhmm, the V3's seem worthwhile to wait for, just dunno if Richard will get them quicker than you or I could from Hank. Just checked DigiKey and the best they have in stock are U5 bin, but looking at their stock #'s - all are less than 100 qty remaining, so I'd think someone is buying these up.

For me, I'll probably pass up the KD deal and order more V3's from Hank.

Didn't check Cutter, but they would sure cost you in shipping if they had the high bin ones.

Ouch.

Note to self: Smite anyone who utters this abomination in prayer.

Ancillary note: Sneak this into the next version of the Umbranomicon (book of the shadow) to annoy Hades.

I’m kind of amazed how close our measurements are lately. My XP-L U5 5000K clocked in at 3045 lumens.

I feel ya, but I gotta give that an A for originality! :D