New XP-L High Intensity Emitter

I, um, kinda got a little excited. Sorry bout that. :wink:

Not me. I’ve only felt disappointment after comparing tint after dedome. I won’t miss that disappointment one little bit!

Same here: I had a couple of bad emitters to practice dedoming before I tried it for real. Then I used a nice CW XM-L2 (1B tint, described as 7000k) and dedomed in gasoline, getting a PERFECT clean dedome, with no residue. :party:

I installed in my STL-V2 clone, which had the original unknown XM-L installed. Yeah, it was bright, with a nice hotspot, but the light was the muddy pee-water yellow. :Sp

Kind of turned me off of dedoming. :tired:

hi

as the new cree news they made some xhp series power led that cree claims they have great illumines in high current but i want to some one that test them and say what performance of them to work

the index is 4 model that you see at bottom:

1 XHP35 high intensity produce 1483 at 13 watt

2 XHP35 produce 1833 lumen at 13 watt

3 XHP50 produce 2546 lumen at 15 watt

4 XHP70 produce 4022 lumen at 32 watt

i think these series of leds become more surpass than any such product like xp-l or xp-l HI that they use to make any flashlight or car headlight even the led bulb

i confirm that these series are great for produce led bulb absolutely XHP50 have large efficacy rather than others to produce huge product for sale in markets!!

This is assuming you want a flood light or you have a very large reflector to use with the XHP to focus all of those lumens!

The good thing about the XPL-HI is that the light is more focused. I hope the Noctigon M43 flashlight gets this LED.

Also the XHP 50 and 70 require 6v and the XHP35 requires 12v. They can’t be run off a single cell without a boost driver and there aren’t any small boost drivers that will fit into a small light. If you want a single-cell light powered by 18650 or smaller, those emitters aren’t an option. XPL or XPL HI is pretty much the best you can get.

respect to any idea

the most reason that any one buy led light instead of other light source is their efficacy and huge amount of colors and all benefit of them

all high intensity led must use with a secondary optic or special reflector to focus their ray in to certain object due to removed upper dome of them they have very sharp ray

xp-l and mk-r led have most efficacy rather than others model as the cree measurement laboratory statistic sheet show 200 lumen per watt

but you can give this efficacy at the certain current for example xp-l led give you this at 350 mA but at the high current the subject is

changed because at the high current you see decrease in efficacy logarithmic

but the xhp led series specially xhp-50 you see high efficacy at high current rather than all models that it help any supplier to produce slim light not bulky bulb via one driver

all upper dome built in versions suitable and comfortable for use in diffuser bulbs because they publish ray at all directional that you cant diffuse the high intensity versions with diffuser due to their sharp ray

if you want to give most efficacy use xp-l or mk-r at certain current that for produce interested lumen you must use almost one driver for each led

i hope i could give to you my meant

XHP series of LEDs can easily claim efficiency because they have 4 dies connected on the same package, this way it's like using 4 XP-G2 at low current where they are of course more efficient. Slapping 4 dies and claiming new efficiency is not all that impressive, it is just a good managerial move.

Or you can build a triple XP-L or triple XP-G2, to increase efficiency over a single emitter. And it doesn’t require higher voltage so it’s easier and safer to do.

Quick question…

My Coast HP-1 triple build currently has 3 of the Samsung LEDs in it, mainly because I was holding out for an upcoming LED.

Now it seems the choice will either be 3 of the XP-L HI emitters, or wait for the next Nichia 90+ cri emitters that will be coming out sometime soon.

Since it will be running off of a 14500 cell, in terms of heat/efficiency/power output balance, what would be the better choice? It seems like the Nichia’s would, but I just want to make sure. Maximum output would only be used for short bursts.

I get 3000 lumens from a triple XP-L HI 5000K with a 18650 cell… and 1400 lumens from a triple 219B with a 18350 cell. Not sure how either one fares on a 14500. The two look very very similar, except that the XP-L is a few K cooler. I can’t decide which I like more… Both look significantly whiter than a XP-G2 3C triple.

XP-L will give you more lumens per watt and a higher maximum output, but N219 may already be bright enough and should be a somewhat nicer white.

I placed an order for a KD C8 with a XP-L HI V2 LED. When it arrives I’ll test the results and post the findings.

I am developing a RASH waiting for a reliable seller to stock these as i need them. :weary:

I’m rooting RMM starts selling these but haven’t heard back…

Thanks for the response. Still torn, so I guess I’ll wait for the tests when the new Nichia 90+ comes out lol.

same here. I need four of these for a super thrower project that has been on hold for to long waiting for High Intensity emitters like these.

Int Outdoor said mine shipped but didn’t give me a tracking number. Last time I ordered he sent me a the wrong tracking number.

I can’t wait until they get here. J)

I put an XP-L V2 1A HI in an EE A6 with TK’s sample driver from the group buy and it’s doing a little over 5A for 1400 lumens. Got the V2 1A HI from Cutter. Waiting on V3 2B from Hank. Shipped a couple of days ago now.

Waiting now on some Carclo 20mm optics that promise a 10º beam with the HI… the modified dereelight smooth reflector I put in it does some 12Kcd while this optic promises 24Kcd. Should prove interesting, especially as how the optic should be pretty much a drop-in affair and cost $1.95 at Mouser.

When are one of you going to put one in a thrower to see what it will do?

I’m waiting to get four for just that plan, a quad super thrower.