【News】Wurkkos FC13 Design Update- SFT40 version as well as Metal Gray New color available

Pssshhh what does that reviewer know, anyways?! :wink: (I jest, it was me). It’s difficult to tell with these quickly-changing LEDs with minimally published specs.

Well the Chinese LED market is kinda confusing. Maybe this SFN43 is made by a different manufacturer than the T90 "SFN43"? Kinda how the GT9090 isn't made by Gentian.

If it’s a FET drive and sports a “hotrod” LED, then you may want to rethink a shorty tube, because a high-strung light might not play nicely with a middlin’ 18350.

I would agree here. Shorty tubes were great a few years back when most EDC lights maxxed out at 3A or less, but these days with 5A+ FET drivers it just results in very short runtimes.

I’m interested in 519

Oh wow. My mistake. I totally missed that. Thanks for the correction, I’ll edit.

Makes sense, of course a 5050 LED wouldn’t be nearly 7k lumens. Surprised that didn’t dawn on me, I guess I was tired lol, and y’know, it IS hard to keep track of all these new Chinese LED names!

But ok, so with the caveat that this chart isn’t super accurate, the SFN43 is apparently similar to an SFQ55 with a larger emitting area. The SFQ55 is what’s in the Nightwatch NS59V1, and those do ~2500-3050 at startup in that. So yea, 3500 lumens for the SFN43 seems right. According to the chart you might get a bit more but I know a single 18650 isn’t going to push 20A for long, if at all.

Still, very, very bright for a single domeless LED. If the tint is similar to SFQ55, then it should be quite good. Don’t know what CCT’s Wurkkos will use, but the SFQ55 in the Nightwatch was ~5700k, and very clean. I’d still be quite excited to see the SFN43 in this light.

Thanks SemiNormal for the correction and gchart for the review that I failed to read properly.

Thank you ,SFN43 could get much power if the current is power, but 6700lm is really crazy
Going to FC11 519A soon, and TS10 will come with a 21700 version soon

Cool! A TS10 21700 version will be awesome!

when 26800 version

Molicels could push them fairly well.

The 50.3 HI would still give more throw, which could give a better general-purpose profile, while a domed emitter might be too much flood.

The more important thing, however, is that the HI has a cleaner, more uniform beam. The domed Cree emitters are infamous for tint shift and ugly colors. The HI versions simply work better in flashlight reflectors.

21700 TS10? That seems like a huge jump for a 14500 light.

Yes, but it is something that could work well for me… IF they come up with a decent clip for it. (or maybe I have to find something, like I did with the TS10). But given the right emitter and driver, it is something I would likely buy.

26800 with good power and capacity, just not easy to book this battery from market now,

Both of these are good news. I assume when you say a 21700 TS10, that this will have a tail switch? (I hope so).
The forthcoming TS25 with 519A sounds good too.

FC13 looks nice, I’d like to see it with 519A 4000K, and what about a raised ring around the button? This so you can find the button by feel.

FC11 with 519A: yes if 4000K.

No one wants another sst40, it’s time for 519a or stay stale…

prototype is ready here :

Switch is huge!

Yes, I like the looks of that. I’m always rolling side switch lights around in my hand searching for the button. Looks nice!