Nice price: Romisen RC-C6 for $11.59

No, haven't received my batteries yet. Funny because I ordered two other things about 3 days after ordering the batteries and those two things have already arrived last week.

BTW, what's "flash"?

So just for the record it has turned out the cheap RC-C6 I originally linked to is an inferior version of the 'real' RC-C6:

Q3 vs. Q5

3-mode vs. 1-mode

Lower quality tailcap and threads (which btw can even be seen on the DD product pages, duh!)

Anything else? Does the cheap one has a fwd clicky too?

Maybe different lens? We should compare beamshots. :)

Do you have the Q5 version? Is it one mode? I still don't have batteries to test my Q5 lol.

Now that I look at it, the DD page does show the correct threads on their Q5 product page.

I don't know if it is a Q5, but I have the 1-mode version from DX. I wouldn't want a multimode light with a fwd clicky btw.

Mine is certainly a reverse clicky - I'm not keen on forward clickies for multimode lights either. Actually I hate the Solarforce forward clicky I got for the L2 - it just feels ghastly to use.

2" from side of coffee table

Tightest focus

Widest Focus

At about 2.5m 8' from ceiling

It actually gives a much sharper image of the LED than that - this was taken in daytime with bright sunshine and the camera got confused about what it was actually focusing on.

Ok, I finally got my batteries from DX today. The Q5 Romisen is 1-mode. I think it has a forward clicky. When it's off, I half press it and it turns on. Fully press and it stays on. Overall, it's about half as bright as my KD MXDL 18650 when fully zoomed in. It does have a lot more flood.