Nichia NVSL219AT at Fasttech, any good?

i just saw that fasttech have nichia NVSL219AT 3-pack for $2.43
are they high-cri? any good? warm white?

i thought maybe ordering some for sk68 modding…

I had to dive a bit into it, I never really figured the Nichia's out.

The ledcode is the code that is used for a 92CRI led, but is not complete, no colour rank is given, and the given colour coordinates are taken from the general description in the spec.sheet, you can not deduct the real colour rank (SW45 for the famous 4500K one). The die colour, as far as you can judge from a photo, looks like a high CRI Nichia.

I guess it is a safe bet that this led will have a fine tint (can't go very wrong with any Nichia) and it could very well be the 4500K one. If the tint is warmer, well, that will be nice too

If we can trust the details they give,x0.41, y0.39 that is SW35,3500K.NVSL219AT could be NVSL219AT-H1,H3…CRI 92,80…?

Price is not bad and I have empty sinkpad waiting…

The x0.41 y0.39 is clearly not taken from the colour rank section of the specsheet, but copied from the first page where exactly those numbers are given as 'typical values'. So in fact no colour rank is hinted at by Fasttech.

That would explain why they say white,maybe these are worth a try.

Am I seeing it correctly that they are 219A, while the 219B was famous, and djozz turned us on to the 219C which is what started the whole recent resurgence.

a bare 219B at intl-outdoor costs $3.98 (+$1 for mounted on noctigon)
At kaidomain you can have
–219A triple alu-board with optics for $7.34
–5pcs 219A on alu-star for $12.31
–219B on alu-star for $4.21

so $2.43 for 3 bare emitters seem to be a good price, if you don’t need max lumens.
if you order 5 packages of 3pcs, you’d have 15x 219A for $10.50, which seems quite nice!

The 219A (SW45 -4500K- 92CRI) was the first famous Nichia for its great tint with the best red reproduction (R9 value) in the business

The 219B had better efficiency and output, was a bit cooler tinted (5000K), still 92CRI, but had a lower R9 value than the 219A

The 219C is way better again than 219B but is not available (yet) in 92CRI. Nevertheless, the available 83CRI (5000K) is widely appreciated for its tint.

So the (bit rosy) 219A still has its value as the best tinted high CRI led around (if you are into vivid yellows and reds), but is dramatically surpassed in output and efficiency by the newer 219's.

mmmm eggs

219B-V1 seems to be ignored as an LED and refereed to simply as 219B, they have different Vf, the V1 has the same rated VF as 219C.
Regarding the R9 being lower on the 219B. I am not sure if this is about 219B-V1 or 219B, as they are not the same thing.

The 5000K R9050 has and R9 of minimum 50 while the R9 of the 219B-V1 in the 4500K and 4000K has an R9 of 80, the so called R9080. The 219A was an LED that was rated at 4500K not 5000K, so the red is of course highly accurate on the newer 219B-V1 for the same Kelvin rating. There are all kind of Nichia LEDs.

Thanks Hikelite for chiming in, you are more knowledgeable than I on the Nichia's :-)

Actually the R9 part within the 219B-V1 R90 LEDs was explained to me by a fellow member here :)

219B-V1 with the same as the 219c, huh? I’ll have to check some of them out. I definitely like the 219b 4500k tint better than the 219c.

huh...? Only Vf I said.

I posted this before, you can see the V1 having lower Vf bins than the 219B, and the lower Vf ratings match the 219C ratings.

I think we’re on the same page, I just wasn’t aware of the 219b-v1

i ordered some. might mod a couple of sk68. or maybe one of my 3T6 perhaps…

I have never bought anything from FT.

their website is sending me in loops.

can someone please ask them for the full part number?

thanks

:wink:

So I got mine in today and reflowed one onto a DTP 16mm pad. They look great, but I have no idea what they are supposed to look like. I cannot tell if it is a genuine Nichia 219A…

It is rather warm, more toward 4000K than anything else I have. I am running it on a 1A driver in a P60. For the price, nice LED anyway and the color is rather nice. I do not really like warmer tints, this one is OK to me…

Now I will have to try my hand a reflowing a triple…

EDIT: Reflowed another onto a BLF DTP board, and running it on a 3A 8x7135 105C driver in a P60. It runs fine, these are a warm white color up to 3A. Good LED’s in my opinion, but I am not a technical tester like Djozz or any of the others.

I am getting the warm tints now, I did not like my 5A BLF A6, but these are even warmer and very nice… Not a lot of “flash” back at you from objects up close, and do not seem to leave me with a big blue ball to walk around when I turn them off in a dark room.

The big blue ball is the bright spot left when you turn off a light in a dark room, it is the persistence of the lights impact on your night vision. Significantly less with this tint on this LED…

These are a bit warmer than the pic above with the 219B, just a touch more warm than the SW40 tint…

They would be excellent on a low powered level for getting to a deer stand or whatever other night stuff you need low levels that you can actually see things in the beam, unlike red LED’s in my experience…

So has anyone else gotten these in? I just built a triple with these, 3A 105C in two mode. They work great and I am pretty impressed by the warm tint.

$3 LED’s
$3 Noctigon
$5 Aluminum spacer
$4 Qlite
$12 Host

$27 for a triple Nichia 219A, not too shabby… Less if you have a host, or use a cheaper host…

Assuming you have batteries and chargers, soldering equipment and other miscellaneous stuff you always need already…

Regardless, they seem like great LED’s for less than a buck each…