Nitecore TM11 (2000 lumens), coming soon

Hurray, Tiny Monster is available in Germany too. 269 EUROS. So don't cry US members. That's $364.

If you had the budget what light would you choosea and why: nitecore TM11 or jetbeam RRT-3 3x XM-l?

TM11 is smaller and lighter and has no battery holder, better grip. But it has no lowlow.

RRT-3 has a totally different reflector than the TM11. I guess Sysmax wanted a thrower vs flooder, but I am not sure.

Without any reviews comparing the two I'd choose the Tiny Monster since low on RRT-3 is not important to me on that flashlight, is too heavy and big for 5 lumens.

Here's a review of the TM11:

Having no additional battery carrier is indeed a very nice feature, having a 4th battery too and indeed the TM11 is still small enough for a pocket while the RRT 3 gets a lil bit too big probably. I also think that having the powerbutton on the side is a PRO with a fat light like this.

Definitely.

despite this light being floody, will it be able to throw light further than my TK35?

220usd shipped on HKE. I asked for the "BLF price". Good for international esp EU customers with high VATs. :)

I'll be very interested to see how well it handles a continuous turbo mode and heat management. It doesnt appear to have nearly enough mass or surface area to exchange the heat to air of 3 x XML's driven @ 3A. This might make for a great bike light to replace my dual XML flashlights if it can sustain turbo mode and remain cool with the slipstream of air moving past it. But then Id be giving up redundancy and simplicity. As with several of these type of complex 1st generation lights, they usually go through significant growing pains before the bugs get worked out by the manufacturers. My thoughts... hold off for a while until several others buy them first.

that isn't a big deal :P she does look smokin hot!

No way it has enough mass for running more than a couple of minutes, as evidenced by the DRY.

From what i tested with the DRY gunning at 4.0A and after 10 mins it's 3.5A, at -20 deg C it was at 50 plus deg C at the head at the end of that 10 mins. Very slight airflow, say 1-2kph.

Nice nails! Was she holding something?

Ordered one by HKE.

Will be in stock on monday, they will ship on tuesday and I hope it arrives at the end of the next week

Nice guys at HKE, always answer my emails almost emmidiately.

Wonder how this TM11 can concure against my modified DRY 3-mode CW

What modifications have you done to your DRY?

Oh, not really that much

Filed the crenalation

Put in a UCL lens

Filed the back of the bezel, to making the UCL fit without rattling

Or should I better say, my Personalized DRY

Filing the bezel sounds smart but i think it would be risky for me, i can see myself scratching the hole light :p

Secure the sandpaper on a flat surface, take the bezel in your hand, place the back of the bezel on the sandpaper and start twisting/spinning. Aluminum is not that tough, and the bezel is thin, sanding down 0.6mm it should be achieved quite fast. Use some fine sandpaper.

Thommy! Quiet quiet do so many things and never tell us huh? :D

I'll see if Ric already sent my driver otherwise i hope he can add some o-rings, otherwise sanding it down will be the way to go. Would protect the bezel with some tape tough.

Jeatbeam 3* XM-L vs Nitecore 3*XM-L

Keep in mind that they have different reflectors.