Nitelab Launches ther new emitter: UHi LED (Ultra High Intensity)

New LED manufacturer Nitelab is set to release their first LED, featuring a new technology, the UHi LED (UHi Stands for Ultra High Intensity).
From what I’ve been told, their UHi LED has an ultra mini design (hence the name) measuring only 2.26 mm2, 41% less than other LEDs with similar power on average; and for its light density.
Comparing to classical LEDs of simliar power, the UHi20 is able to produce 876 lumen/mm2, 43% higher led density against other LEDs, that on average perform around 611 lumen/mm2.

According to the manufacturer, not only the LES (light emitting surface) of the UHi is smaller and more efficient than traditional LEDs, but is also round. The round shape allows for a more precise and efficient focalisation of the beam with a reflector.
In practical terms, with the UHi LED the max peak intensity of the beam of a flashlight is 42% higher than the one of a conventional LED; being able to perform around 50% of a LEP flashlight.

I have always been passionate in thrower flashlights since the beginning of my flashaholic journey, so I can say that I’m very happy that after years of the LED segment being dominated (LEP and Hi version emitters aside) by lights that are more or less of the flood type, we finally could have a revamp in the thrower (especially the pocket throwers) department.
I can’t wait to put my hands on one of the light featuring this LED, and see how it performs in one of my reviews.

4 Thanks

Oh wow that looks interesting. Definitely looking forward to new lights with this emitter! Thanks for the info!

1 Thank

I hope (and it looks as if) it has a known footprint, like 5050. Without needing a proprietary MCPCB.

1 Thank

It looks exactly like the YinDing 5050 / L50 Hi from Aliexpress or Kaidomain

6 Thanks

I’ll remain sceptical until I see reviews from trusted members like yourself, proving their claims.

I’ve lost track of what the “newer” Chinese LEDs are called, a quick search on AliExpress brings up 20W round die LEDs which look fairly similar, maybe called Sanan?

I’d imagine a LED fabrication lab is spendy, so unless this company has deep pockets, perhaps they’re just resellers from existing manufacturers?

Not that that’s necessarily a bad thing- it would be good to have a middle-man company who is submitting orders for high-quality/high-specification LED chips. It’s a bit of a crapshoot at the moment.

2 Thanks

Best case scenario: They made a 3535 Yinding/L50 (that would be awesome)

Worst case scenario: It’s just the ol’ Yinding/L50.

2 Thanks

It looks exactly like the YinDing 5050 or L50 or whatever alias it takes on or is going around. They’re comparing it to an xp-l Hi which came out in 2016(?), which is old tech. The YinDing leds are okay, but so hit and miss with quality and consistency with tints (really green, less green, somewhat green). This would have to be a new design for it to stand out. Currently, the SFT40-W and the boost HL and HX are better options still. Really high lm/watt or cd/lm does not make an led good.

1 Thank

Thanks, that’s what I’m here for.

1 Thank

Ya identical to the yinding 5050 as far as I can tell

1 Thank

The pictures of the presentation show two (actually more like three) different emitter types: an LED with a round chip that looks more like an SFT40, then an LED like ‘Yinding 5050’ but with a much smaller die (approx. 1.0 mm²), and then just (in the first picture) the ‘Yinding 5050’ in glass-type as we know it.
Not exactly confidence inspiring to be honest.

In the meantime, I suspect that this LED chip with round lLES is bought from various more or less large LED assemblers, as possibly also in this case.
In addition, I think that there is a complete product family of this LED chip from an as yet unknown manufacturer, perhaps with 1.0 / 2.5 / 7 mm² large LES. This would also explain the large 9090 LEDs with round LES (sometimes called ‘L90’) that are available on Kaidomain for example.

Also interesting fact: in November 2021 are already mods with this ‘Yinding 5050’ exist, and in August 2022 the MH40S was reviewed (by 1Lumen), with a ‘Luminengin G9’ LED, which looks exactly like the ‘Yinding 5050 glass’.

1 Thank

I reviewed that MT40S. Great light let down by greenest LED I’ve ever seen. Even on Turbo. Worse than sst20 5000k, worse than sst70, worse than LH351D, yah that bad. The 5000k 5050 are a little better from Kaidomain, but still not a major competitor to the name brand HI LEDs. I hope someone makes a better round LES HI LED. I havw the Amutorch DM70s on my desk woth that 9090 size L90 led. Haven’t tested yet, but no way a competitor to the Sbt90.2 in my first impressions.

If there’s someone that could make a high quality high intensity round LES LED it’s Luminus. They made the SBT-70 and CBT-140 back in the day, and they just released the SST-12, so they are no stranger to round LEDs.

Will they do it? Probably not, but it would be interesting if they did.

1 Thank

Isn’t this the same LED used in the Olight Javelot Mini released some months ago?

Like my samples in my test (glass and egg-yolk - they are both extremely green). If any light quality is crucial, these LEDs cannot be recommended.

It seems so.

This LED pops up in some lights from some manufacturers, despite we still didn’t know anything about the real manufacturer or even an official datasheet. Seems to be a top secret thing, isn’t it? :smiley:

2 Thanks

I think they could as long as they find applications exist for it that the Sbt90.2 can’t or wouldn’t be an option for some reason or another. The sbt70 and cbt120 were very special LEDs for special applications. I think the cbt120 was designed for high intensity overhead lighting or stage lighting. They’re very inefficient and for the power consumption aren’t that high output. Plus they’re $$$$

Expect at least 5 models with UHi LED.

Yup, super top secret :stuck_out_tongue: Like the type of green tint tone they have :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

I guess that is the “real” question, and I hope that Nitecore or whatever brand is takes credit for “making” such LED (unless they actually make it). One thing is using it, the other is claiming to produce it!

These LEDs are shown on lumenpioneer and getian websites, along with some specs and available configurations, so they certainly manufacture it, but I can’t say if the specimens sold by Kaidomain or by the Yinding store are made by them, and there might be other manufacturers that produce this particular LED.

The 7070 and 9090 versions are probably made by the same manufacturer(s), but info about these versions is non-existent.

Lumenpioneer website
Getian website

Interesting. That Getian (or perhaps San’an) are involved in these LEDs or at least LED chips, I had already considered. At least these manufacturers have the expertise and the manpower to develop and produce such LED chips. For me, ‘Yinding’ has always been a placeholder name that has no significance for anything.

But what brings me to the following question: why are the datasheets and manufacturers absolutely unknown? This is the case almost all Chinese LEDs (SFQ65 and similar, GT-FC40, ‘Yinding 5050’ and others). Is there any kind of requirement on the part of the state or any authorities not to publish this information, perhaps to prevent the Western economy from even knowing about it in details?

Meanwhile, I suspect there is indeed a system behind it, and it would be interesting to know why this is so - after all, dealers and buyers of these LEDs do not give out any information, as far as I know. (And flashlight manufacturers will certainly know which LEDs with which electrical/optical properties are used in their lamps, thanks to the data sheets that are guaranteed to be available to them).

Found another mention about this LED on LatticePower website, 5050 footprint, egg style, but slightly bigger die.

LatticePower website

1 Thank