Noctigon Meteor M43 BLF Discount Buy - $50+ Discount! - MTN & Intl-Outdoor

The GA is considered a wide button top, though the majority are called nipple button tops.

The total no-function drain is 20uA, so called stand-by drain, which is very low by all standards, while on flashing the base changes to 25uA and then all kind of consumption get detected in a sort of cycle per each flash, current level per flash always going in a certain ascending way.
Hard to tell exactly how much the cells get drained on this type of cycle and flash (under 1 second flash at each 5 seconds), but surely mine stayed
like that for 1 full month and the cells (LG HE2) where still in the 4.1X voltage range. Haven’t not used it for more months.
You should not worry about it at all.

I’ve had it (steady switchlight / charge level monitoring) on for half a year without any noticeable drain of the cells.

According to the above figures it would be 60+ years to fully drain the cells.

I am not saying the draw is only 25uA while it blinks in OFF mode. I mean the constant draw is 25uA while this blinking mode is running and no actual blink is happening. When it flashes for half a
second at each 5 second the draw will in a sort of cycle (current gets higher and higher then it rests and does the same thing), probably too fast for the Fluke 289 to pick it up correctly and shows a recurring cycle.
On the other hand the draw is only 20uA in stand-by mode when completely OFF (blink mode is not activated)

While the Blue light is turn-on constantly in OFF mode, I read an 66uA current draw on the A/mA scale of the DMM and an 88uA draw while on the uA scale of the DMM. (wanted to point out the difference between the possible ways of reading tiny currents on the 289 DMM)

But we went all too technical with it, it’s going to be no problem to let it blink.

Thanks for the clarification, I do appreciate the details!
What it means is that it will be several years (double digit) before the cells are drained.

Appreciate the advice on the flashing or steady blue light. I like this blue light! I keep mine in the ‘flash’ mode, can see it as I drift off to sleep. I was thinking I would like to have a flashlight, actually not a flashlight, that would have only this flash mode … with a lot of programmable options. It could be constant on, you could adjust the flash frequency, SOS, beacon, maybe adjust the brightness…. and maybe even have several colors available, red, green, blue, yellow. I wonder if this is feasible? This would be a nice host, but maybe this host is pricey? Maybe I could get Everett to make me one? Remember Everett?

The color is dependent on the charge level. As the cells are drained the blue changes over to green and finally red.

… That is a really cool feature. I wonder if the driver/lit tailcap guys/gals could implement this in a lighted tailcap. It would be fantastic to see a visual indicator of battery level at a glance instead of relying on memory or timed reminders.

+1

I leave the button backlight on full time. It’s really nice to be able to find the button in the dark and the blue/green/red battery status colors are very pleasing. I use the light so frequently that the draw doesn’t matter, but if I’m not going to use it for a while 3 clicks and a hold will shut it off. That’s pretty easy to remember since the battery check is so similar. 4 clicks for battery check vs 3 clicks and hold the 4th click for backlight on/off. This is my favorite light I’ve owned thus far. UI3 is excellent.

Also got mine from intl after 12 days :smiley:

Congrats Finges! Enjoy.

Is that the enhanced throw?

No, it’s the regular. The enhanced throw is only from Mountain Electronics, designated as ET. It’s a custom option.

Any more news about the new noctigon monster? :slight_smile:

All I know is I was thinking about it some hours ago….and Christmas is only just around the corner….almost….sort of…

Close enough! My interest level = EXTREME

Wait, wut? There’s a new Noctigon in the mix? Just mere moments ago I’d finally made up my mind to get the original beast and I go onto mtn and intl and see it is out of stock - it must have been out of stock days ago too - work has had me by the jewels recently and so I only get to crack open the laptop past 9pm UK. I was feeling fairly sullen at it being out of stock, and I’m wondering if this production run is it and I have missed it….but now you’re saying a new Noctigon has been developed…

All we know (from Hank , owner of intl-outdoor):

… sell you mine for $350 :money_mouth_face: