Noctigon Meteor M43 BLF Discount Buy - $50+ Discount! - MTN & Intl-Outdoor

Go for it!
I have a Meteor with 5000K 219B (typical CRI 93 and 4450 lumens), no Meteor with XP-L HI but other lights with it. Yes, fewer lumens, but the improved color rendering will very likely more than make up for it.

For that I need to get some more money as I just ordered the 219C-s from Hank. Wow :slight_smile:

Wow great deal … since the announcement of the M43 I wanted one and have successfully resisted to buy one!

I hope I can resist this time!

I have entered 3 times in the site so as to buy the light,but I had resisted successfully. :slight_smile:

Couldn’t resist any more :smiley:

I think you and hope I will find that the 219C is a good middle ground between power and color rendering. The 219C offers good CRI but falls short of the 219B (80+ CRI vs 90+) but offers a lot more lumens. Not as many lumens as Crees do but Crees are also around the 70 range for CRI (at least the ones in this light). Even high CRI Cree lights typically render red incorrectly anyways, high CRI Crees typically render red as orange. The 219c does better but it is still not as vivid as the 219B. Trade offs

As of this morning, there are 5 more lights remaining at MTN:

• (2) S4 2B Grey
  • (1) S4 2B White
  • (1) S2 5A Grey
  • (1) S2 5A White

Ordered the exact same light! Have been wanting one of these for a while and now the price is right!

2 Meteors left, the 5A tint. Are these like the last ones chosen to be on a team? I actually like the 5A tint. We’ll see if they remain unsold.

I’m almost tempted to buy a second, especially with the 4K tint.

Ordered one from IOS, i couldn’t resist not buying one, especially when i wanted one for so long, mine will be white with xp-g2 s4 3d.

Im not sure if flat top 30Q’s will work with this flashlight, they work fine in a Courui D01, and as most of you know the + contact point on the D01 is flat so i hope i would not need to buy new batteries because i already have 30Q’s that haven’t seen a single charge/discharge cycle.

Some lights are pure classics. And they’re never coming back. Think of Zebralight SC6330 (definitely an inspiration of the Noctigon), or even something simple like a Fenix TK20 in yellow. Once it’s gone, it’s gone.
The M43 is a pure classic, which will maintain its value for a very long time I think. Get it while you can. I sure did.

Everything I’ve read says no, they’ll be too short.

Are you saying the M43 is being discontinued? How have you arrived at that conclusion? I didn’t see that posted anywhere.

Hi,

Sorry, I’m not suggesting it is going to be discontinued in the near future. I’m saying that it is possible and eventually it will be discontinued if sales are too low. Everything dies eventually. Lights are being discontinued all the time.
However, how about a hypothetical case: IF the Meteor was to be discontinued soon, would you get it?
Anyhow, my guess how long the Meteor will be available is as good as any one’s guess.

Well when the two major vendors start selling them with this discount it feels like a Meteor M34 with for example 3 or 4 XHP35s is about to be released.

Maybe, maybe not. But does the XHP35 make sense in the Meteor? You have about the same amount of lumens, but you need decent sized reflectors to generate throw. And depth dimension is very limited…

EDIT: Half July I mailed Hank whether there was going to be a new version of the Meteor. He replied: “There is no new version Meteor coming.”

anyone receive a shipping notice from Mountain yet? I know they are usually VERY QUICK to ship but with 43 lights sold probably a bit backed up.

All that wrapping for Richard and Lisa? Maybe their Son likes to tape things!

So I have the UI 3 thing down, and I will try to do a simple explanation here.

11 fast clicks and hold to get to UI3. IF you go to 12 clicks and hold, you will see a blink in your turbo every 10 seconds or so when the light is hot, this is turned off by 12 clicks and hold again… To me, I turn it off, the light blinking is annoying.

Now that you are in UI3, turn the light off. Here is how I set my UI3 up.

Single click, the light will come on to some set level of brightness. Single click and then click and HOLD. The light will now ramp up and down, let go of the button when you are at the light level you want a single click from off to come on with.

I set my single click to low.

Turn light off, turn on with single click to your newly preset level. Now Double click the light, the mode will change to another level (or not, it may be the exact same level you set the single click for…) Single click, and then click and hold again to start the ramping for level 2. Set this level to whatever you like by lifting the hold on the button when it is where you want it visually. Now single click again to off…

I set my second level to medium.

Single click to your first level from off, double click from your first level to your second level, then double click again to go to level 3. Do the single click and click and hold again to start the level ramp for setting level 3. Whenever the light is ramped to the right level for your third setting, release the button. Wait a couple of seconds and then single click to turn the light off.

I set my third level to high.

Now you have three levels. Here is how to get to them from off. Level 1-single click. Level 2-Click and click/hold Level 3-Double click. Turbo is press and hold from off (hold more than six seconds to stay in turbo).

When light is on (no matter the level) Double click to go UP one level, or cycle through the levels in a 1,2,3,1,2,3 order (starting in level 1 for this example). Click and Click/hold to go DOWN one level from any level being on. This would be in a 1,3,2,1,3,2 order (starting in level 1 for this example). Turbo from on is a press and hold for momentary turbo from any level when on. Hold for more than six seconds, and turbo is the level.

Hope this helps, the diagram does not make the UI3 so easy to understand, but it is a very good UI once you set it up and run through it several times.

Hint: Have the full 8A turbo on, click five times and hold, and you have an 8A momentary on Tactical Turbo that will knock your socks off. No ramping, just a full 8A blast of light from all 12 LED’s as long as you hold the button…

The feature mentioned above is the only reason why I’m not buying this light, from the beginning. Perhaps, if this is the only light I own, I can memorize all those number of clicks. This is the main reason too why I don’t use and even sold my SC600, just too many clicks to think about, and remember.

As one poster also mentioned, give me a lo-med-hi-turbo anytime.