Noctigon Meteor M43 BLF Discount Buy - $50+ Discount! - MTN & Intl-Outdoor

some thoughts after playing for a while:

it’s a very nice light. the quality is evident. I got the Nichia 219C and love the tint. The programming is FUN for me. BUT, it seems like it should do more? On UI 1, turbo is momentary or after 6 seconds it will stay on. On UI 2&3 turbo is only always on, not momentary. Anyone confirm this? The tactical feature is cool (5 clicks and hold), it gives you momentary for the mode you started in. Tactical ‘momentary strobe’ is way cool!

Really not sure how to program the modes within each group. And it doesn’t appear you could have 1 mode at 1 lumen and another at 7400 - the range is narrow?

7400 lumens doesn’t seem all that bright to me, guess I’m sort of acclimated :stuck_out_tongue:

I like the side switch, and options for off, on, or on and blink. Rated at 1 million presses ? I’m keeping track.

any tips or tricks I’m unaware of?

very content with this.

(what is the highest amp per channel charger out there?)

i can not remember strange artifacts - only a uggly green tint..

but the LEDs are far from “well dedomed“

i used a heatgun to reflow the leds and a “third hand“

In UI3 50C Turbo is always on if you long click from Off. 70C Turbo is momentary and accessible from all modes with a hold. In other words, if you are in Off, 50C Turbo, Mode 1, 2, or 3 you can access momentary 70C Turbo by holding down the button. Release and you go back to the mode you were previously in.

Guys you’re not fair !!!
We have to wait 20 more days (estimation) from IO to receive our lights and yes , we are a little impatient:p

20 days for me would happen only if they are sent today, and then maybe 20 days are a bit generous estimate, it depends how lucky ill get, sometimes HK Post manage to ship items from China to here in 3-4 days, and sometimes it takes 10+, i hope ill have luck with this one, cant wait :slight_smile:

Also i bought some Samsung 25R button top’s, a bit disappointed since i was not able to find 30Q’s, damn shipping restrictions lol :slight_smile:

I am lucky enough to have already 4 30Q’s here .
Ordered because of a great deal and no reason at all (well , you always need some extra batteries) , and now boom!

I can assure you that 25R works well in the M43. I highly doubt that you can tell any difference in output compared with 30Q, I can’t.

No you wouldn’t be able to tell a difference in output because the M43 uses a boost driver. The only difference would be runtime.

Oh lord….waiting was never so awful as for this light O.O
Go IO, go IO, go IO! :smiley:

Well disappointed is a bit strong word for this situation, i wanted 30Q’s just because they are newer battery and have greater capacity, anyways in all of my tests 25R’s deliver more current in DD situations so im not worried about the output at all.

Get them from nkon.nl …
Button top of course

That’s the thing, they are out of stock there, so i grabbed 25R’s

Didn’t check .
Sorry :beer:

NKON’s got button top GAs as well.

But you don’t need button top GA:s for the M43; the raised plus pole, which is standard on the flat version of GA, is enough.

Yeah, you and Maukka I believe reported that the standard version works fine. It’s in my head that you need the button top version, because the standard version would be too short. At least that’s how I interpreted the info on Richard’s site. Perhaps you have more pre-stress with the button top version resulting in less likeliness that the light will go out when severe shaking and “tapping on the back”?

The regular version is “fine” because the standard version has a bit of a button. Normal flat tops do not.

Wow mine just shipped from Hank, can’t wait to fire it up :slight_smile:

Good news! I found one more grey Nichia 219C 70+ CRI Meteor that got lost in the mix. It is available now, and the coupon should still be working on it.

Regarding button tops: While raised tops will technically work, it is indeed the length of the button tops that is also useful and or necessary; over time, the springs will fatigue and the extra length of the button top batteries helps keep better contact.

Gah! If only it were white. I bought the grey 80+ and now want a white 70+ to go with it. I fear I wouldn’t be able to tell the two greys apart from one another.