Non Flashlight orders/received

One-a these OBD readers

for 53bux on a DD, plus hateful tax. Beats the 70buk regular price.

You’d think with all the bags, cases, etc., I already got, that I could find one to fit this nicely. Pffft. Either too small or waaaaaaay too big.

Looks nice. Self-powered (usb from a ’puter, or 12V rails from the car), upgradeable, and looks pretty flexible. I like the “snapshot” feature.

Nice, where did you get them for 30 bucks?

Two replacement fans for the Opus charger.

I got it from this seller:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Marantz-MPH-2-Professional-Studio-Headphones/132681910113

His price has since gone up, but there may be other less expensive listings out there.

Just be warned - they break easily, as per raccoon city’s note above. My Audio Technicas are much more durable, alas they cost 3x more.

Got a 140mm USB Multifan today. It will be used to keep a power amplifier cool

Also got a Casio Divers Watch.

Xiaomi Mijia 1080P full HD smart IP cameras.

Glen, I got one of the AC Infinity fans recently in a 110V variant, along with a rotary fan speed controller. The fan works great, fairly quiet and does a fantastic job… I got it to cool a 5 COB light I built for my pepper plant. One day I forgot to turn the separate fan on and when it dawned on me I wasn’t hearing the fan I checked and my light was over 160 degrees! Turning the fan on, within minutes it was down to under 100! :smiley:

Unfortunately, my power supply is wonkers and hasn’t been working, so my fan and light assembly are sitting there doing nothing, had to move my plant to the back porch and hope it gets enough light and doesn’t get too cold. UGH!

Edit: For clarity, I use a 30V 5A power supply to run my light at 19.62V 3.6A. (around 6000 lumens) I had a computer fan running on the power supply too, when the power supply started acting up I found that the cooling fan seemed to be interfering with it, so I bought this AC powered unit and plug it in to a power strip independent of the power supply. But the supply ended up failing on me anyway, something about the switching. Been in contact with the supplier but they went AWOL on me so I had to move the plant out on the porch.

Audiophiles, this one’s for you … courtesy of my 11 yr old.

What do you get a music loving dog for his birthday?

A Sub Woofer!

LOL!

Speaking of subwoofers, the cheap Velodyne 10” sub in my current living room setup is really struggling, while I have much nicer subs sitting in storage - problem is I’d have to unload two entire storage units to find them. :frowning:

Speaking of Subs, I have:

Velodyne SPL1200 first gen
Velodyne SLP800 first gen
Definitive Technology Super Cube II
Definitive Technology ProSub 80

I’m in the design process of a custom 18” sub to go with my studio monitors :slight_smile:

I gave my 15” to my brother-in-law, one of my 12’s to my daughter, and have a 12 in storage with an active 8” in the living room. Gave another 12 to the neighbors step-son. That one was for the car, a Kicker with a truly special anodized aluminum grill that was wicked looking! My custom dual 12” truck box is standing empty, out in the storage building. Should probably do something with the 12” Infinity, have the amp for it, just not the motivation… seems like all my money goes to flashlights. (maybe a gun or two for good measure, but who’s counting?)

How about one of these?

https://gpcaraudio.com/deaf-bonce-db-832neo-32-subwoofer/

I got OnePlusOne back in the day when you needed an invitation to purchase one, also got OnePlus 3T, both working just fine.
Good choice and much cheaper than the fruit phone……
Yes I know, just can`t imagine spending my money on a phone I`m not allowed to root….
Waiting for OnePlus 7T to come out.

Do I get a review sample Enderman? :smiley:

I was talking to the DJ at my wife’s work Christmas party Friday night, his SubWoofer system is a Peavy 4,000 watt system that he was using at half power in a smallish venue. I sat in front of the sub and was totally enjoying myself, literally on the podium inches from the front of the sub’s enclosure. When my hair moves on my head and my clothes vibrate on my body, that’s when I’m most into it. :smiley:

Earlier in the evening I had recorded a 110.5 dBA at 1 meter and while I was later sitting in front of it he cranked it up for a few seconds. Man do I love me some serious sub! He told me it was a 24” woofer, the enclosure was pretty massive, had built in wheels and dolly handle.

Was it this one?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1071243-REG/peavey_3611530_versarray_124_sub_black.html

No, the enclosure was much larger, downfiring top mount with a divided output bay at the bottom. Stands around 40” tall, 36” wide and 36” deep (approx, from memory) I hadn’t seen any like it before, should have snapped pics… not sure why I didn’t. Caught up in the sheer quality of the bass I guess. He was messing up his main speakers with too much reverb and had some electrical noise in some of his recordings that made me cringe…

He had two, one on each side of the platform… they were like this and when I asked if it was an 18” he said no, 24”…

Haha I wish I had one of those… :stuck_out_tongue:
I would love to build a sub using one of those drivers, but they’re so expensive.
My 18” build is already gonna cost like 1 or 2 grand, and the driver for that is only ~$300.
Doing a 24 or 33” build would be like close to 10k, and at that point I might as well buy one PK Gravity 30 which has much better motor control and overall design.

My Dad was a builder when I was growing up, I always wanted a Sound Room, of course that never happened… maybe some day. I worked for him as a carpenter when he sold the lumber yard and later did cabinetry work with my cousin. We built mostly red oak and ash cabinets but did a huge set in white oak that turned out really cool. 74 units I think, big house…. Have the experience, just not the funds. lol

I’m lucky enough to get to play on four 18s at a local pub and sometimes more for big events :smiley:
Audio is a side hobby to my flashlights hahah