OFFICIAL Group Buy UF-1504, UF-1504 host, UF-1405, tail switch, 26650 batteries DISCOUNT CODES EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

Someone really should make & sell drop in pills for those who can’t mod, with a dedomed XM-L2 U4 or XP-G2 S4 & FET driver for the 1504 & Richards new high amp buck driver for the 1405.

It such a great upgrade over the stock light :wink:

that would be cool, but for the 1405 you’d be looking at a $30+ drop in. eek!

Yeah you are right, the cheapest option & my favourite is just to run it without driver in the 1504. Then you only need the pill, led+mcpcb, and a bare 17mm board & the wires. It cost less than $5 to make.

XP-G2 S4 from IOS on 16mm Noctigon $3.98
Strip an old crap 17mm driver for free :wink:
Use the old pill that came with the light.
Fasttech carobronze spring, wire bypassed.

and BANG 400kcd+ :bigsmile:

What about your lightmeter? Will it arrive soon? It seems that you made lowest resistance mod here so you should have best results.

The flashlight is relatively heavy with 1 26650 battery( >590 grams), with 2 its nearly 750 grams

Its a good flashlight( actualy one of the best) for a heavy rifle, but 1405….isnt that practial

I ordered my 11th piece of those today altogether with a 1503 - 1504 actualy made me somehow like zoomies

Have to try IR 1504 though…

P.S

4 of my tail button that pretent to be Omten passed away
I think its crusial to swap the tail button with a real Omten based on this- the FT one fits perfectly

No other issues met so far

P.S 2

The last hunt a guy nearly shot friend`s 1504( a ricochet), thus damaging its Convex Lens: this is the right one

I have ordered one, but i haven’t got it yet though. And i am also waiting on a XP-G2 S4 from IOS, that i plan to reflow onto the brass pill soldered noctigon where my old XP-L V6 1A sits now.

I wish i had a second brass pill for my XM-L2 U4, because i think the XM-L2 have more to gain, with it’s larger headroom in lumens output from higher amps, from the smaller voltage drop by soldering the led - directly to the brass pill, than a XP-G2 that already topping out at 5-6 amps.

About the light meter, as we have seen with n10sivern’s & KKW’s testing, a light meter doesn’t tell the whole story. It is most accurate to compare a modded light with it self after further modifications to see where one ends up.

The highest measurement so far reported on the 1504/1405, was KKW’s dedomed S4 2B in a 1405 with a 5 amp driver, with a collar and measured 470kcd. I don’t know if that was at start or at 30sec though.

And i don’t think my extra low resistance mods could make up for a collar’s boosting performance, but it would be fun if i am wrong about that ;), we haven’t seen any numbers from builds without drivers so far.
A small collar like KKW is using is raising the output about 3 flux bins higher or ~20%.

Thanks for the update, i was really suspicious about that unmarked omten clone, good to know i was right to upgrade to a real omten :slight_smile:

And thanks for confirming FT sells the real deal, i have recently ordered some from there but, i haven’t received them yet, and i was a bit worried i would receive unmarked ones.

[quote=Mitko]

4 of my tail button that pretent to be Omten passed away
I think its crusial to swap the tail button with a real Omten based on this- the FT one fits perfectly

Mitko, could you provide a link to those switches please mine just fried.

@Bribo, these are the omten switches from fasttech that fits.

Nice, thanks

Both on full flood point at the ceiling, maybe 5 feet away from it.

has anyone modified the stock driver? i don’t really have any monstrous driver for this one, and I’m not going DD, at least for now (have ordered another pill from gearbest, might go XPG2 + DD for that pill).

so if there’s anything that can be done with the stock driver I’d be interested to know!

edit: my driver seem to pull 2.83 A on high, tested with cheap buck/”powerboard” (one of those where you can adjust voltage and current, mine seemed to max out at 2.83A with 4.2v input)

Gearbest has a 'DIY' deal at the moment, featuring the 1504 pill (including visibly the ring) for 1 dollar something!

Aluminium Bare Pill for UniqurFire 1405 / 1504 Flashlight $1.49 :party:

I hate you (not really, you’re awesome), I raced to their site only to have my hopes shattered, they’re the aluminum pills.

Mine came today, build quality is top notch, better than most budget lights. I didn’t expect the retaining ring but there it was, and it’s aluminium! (I thought is was plastic).

I’ll be using XM-L2 U4 1C and a FET driver for now. Also arrived was the SRA low temp solder, I will be using this for soldering mcpcb to the pill, this way if I have to change the LED I can do this without applying unnecessary heat to the emitter, the low temp solder melts at 137C!!

Will try to make a video so you see it in action.

I received my extra Alu-pill from gearbest today, and did exactly this. With 20awg wires it seemed to pull just a little more than 4A when I tested with keeppower imr 4200mah 26650 battery. I made test cables that were maybe 4 mm thick, so shouldn’t I get another amp or so?

You may get a tiny bit more with 18awg wires but it gets harder to fit beneath the mcpcb retainer.

But over 4A is already more than the 3.76A for 458 kcd with the same battery but with an FET driver that n10sivern got when he tested a bunch of leds with the 1504.

I would be very satisfied with that if I where you, the high flux bins XP-G2s is very hard to get much more out of with a single battery.

If you want a bit more Amp pulled & a thicker beam maybe pick up a XM-L2 U4 & build it the same in another pill, they can pull that 1A extra amp :wink:

Anyway thanks for testing amp on a true DD build, i have been very curious about how much the FET driver limits current.

I don’t have any 18awg wires, so I’m good with the 20awg.

I haven’t dedomed any leds yet, so it’s still with the dome on, and ~250 kcd according to n10sivern’s test.

it looks like i have a nicely modded aspherical DD thrower now then! I could try de-doming for even more throw, but I don’t know if i’m willing to learn how to dedome yet :stuck_out_tongue:

since I moved from the countryside to a city last year, I don’t get to use my flashlights very much unfortunately. it was quite fun to get out dark nights with the btu shocker and spot animals on the fields…

A dedome is easy, in Sweden you can pick up the equivalent to Coleman fuel = Kemiskt Ren Bensin :wink: på vilken ICA som helst.

Just put the led + mcpcb in the gas over nigh & then rinse it of with some alcohol. Or maybe even dunk the whole top of the pill straight in the gas without the mcpcb retainer or o-rings, if you don’t want to desolder it. Kemiskt ren bensin should evaporate without leaving any gas stank.

If you used heatpaste under the mcpcb in the alu pill, you might have to reapply some to get good heatsinking if you dunk the pill in gas, but if you soldered the mcpcb to the brass pill you should be good to go :wink: