OFFICIAL Group Buy UF-1504, UF-1504 host, UF-1405, tail switch, 26650 batteries DISCOUNT CODES EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

I have built a lot of Tank007 TK736 lights. It too (was suppose to have) came with the screw in bright plated disk.
For the most part, no, it didn’t have much room for wires, and overall, it had no function other than to hold the MCPCB to the pill.
The beam was a lot better without the disk. Then again, I always epoxy my MCPCB’s to the pill.

A brass pill and our own option to flow a Noctagon into it would be ideal but it doesn’t sound like we’re going to get that.

As for my purposes; I am only after a 1x26650 host that can put out good red light with a read on efficiency rather than brightness.

Aluminum pill is more than enough and AR coating is a total waste.

I do want to overdrive a red LED to about 1A though, and I will machine the pill nice and flat to ensure good contact.

You can drive red xp-e2’s more than 1a. I’m running mine at 1.4-1.75a

Way more. I’ve built 2 with dedomed red XP-E2’s on Noctigon’s at 3A with no problems.

What are we going to do to assure artifacts and rings will be reduced.

I have a red XP-E on aluminum that I ordered back in September from Mtn. Electronics.
I see the XP-E2 is rated for 1A.

1 amp for my purposes is perfect.

Bah, if we only did rated current we’d leave a lot of lumens unused with most of the LED’s we use here. I totally understand if it’s for longer runtime, but you’re definitely not going to damage anything running over 1A.

Here’s a test of the colored XP-E2’S by djozz. Don’t take my word for it. (yes, I know, remove a 7135 chip to get it right at the output peak, but I generally recommend batteries with higher mah ratings and lower current capability with the red ones I sold which tends to lower the actual current it’ll pull to around 2.8A. Usually 3400mah Panasonic’s)

XP-E2 test

You might be missing my use-case where runtime is as critical as lumens.

I didn’t, I specified that I understand if it’s for runtime. I just wanted to make sure people know it can be driven a lot harder if they didn’t already.

We’re good.

Im in for 2 hosts

I am in for two complete lights and maybe a host. that is if both are not at the top of the estimated price.

Thanks

I am in For one light.

Does anybody got the pill schematics?

wow, it would be nice to see this light get an XP-E2 option.

Any word on pricing and configuration yet?

A XPL NW on a copper DTP and a DD driver would be sweet. BLF logo would be icing on the cake. I’d go for that over a host so I don’t have to build it. Yes, I’m a little lazy. :bigsmile:

1x Light

Why an XP-E2? Handles less current and is out thrown by the XP-G2

Not sure yet. We are trying to get a finalized prototype so she can mail them to me.

sorry i was under the assumption that the xp-e2 will handle the same amount of current as the xp-g2?

Xpe2 handles more than two times less current than the xpg2, but when driven to its max (about 2.2A), the surface brightness of its (smaller) die is similar to the surface brightness of the xpg2 die (when also driven to its max, about 6A ). The throw is therefore about the same. But the beam of a dedomed xpe2 in this light will be so narrow that its use is very limited.