OFFICIAL Group Buy UF-1504, UF-1504 host, UF-1405, tail switch, 26650 batteries DISCOUNT CODES EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

One of the O-rings in the head for mine also snapped on the first disassemble. I might need to get a ten-pack for backup!

Hm. Maybe they’re just straight cylinders glued badly to make rings? That’s what mine looks like, on a closer look, like it fell apart rather than being chewed up in the threads.

My o ring seem to hold up fine so far, and i have open and closed & adjusted the lens countless times.

Speaking of adjusting, i don’t remember seeing anything about that in any of the 1405/1504 threads, but i find that i need to adjust the pressure on the o ring every time i screw it back on, by pressing on the bezel from different sides while screwing down when the light are on in spot mode to get it perfectly centred & with a minimum of artefacts.

But i would like to get some extra o rings if they are available somewhere just in case, because i plan to test out several emitters soon, and without the o ring the focus would be very much off.

Does anyone know where we can get this size & thickness o ring, i think it is 67mm wide the same size as the lens, & 2mm thick or maybe slightly thinner.

Ok, 370kcd from only 3.8A is quite good, how long would you say it stays in regulation with PF battery?

I tried the android lux meter apps today, unfortunately on one of the phones i had available it didn’t have that sensor built in (to old) & the other much newer phone was strangely limited to 1000 lux, so not very useful, if i understand how to measure these things right, i would have to go very very far away from the phone to get in “range” of the limited scale it can measure.

I don’t know how to approach this so I’m open for suggestions. I notified Uniquefire that the 1504’s with the brass pill did not include the LED retention ring. It was not intended to initially per them but they will add it to all future shipments. They sent me a pile of retention rings with an order I made from them. If any body needs the rings, they are free to you……with once caveat……shipping. I have no problem shipping them out to whoever, but I am not going to front the cost for it. Those in the US, they can probably ship for $0.70 or $0.98 except for KKW as he ordered 15 hosts and it would probably cost him a little under $2. International people will likely be $2. I will have to check and see. Just post up your suggestions and let me know how you think this should be handled. I also plan to mail rings to Gearbest so that they can include them with the remaining hosts. Please do not ask for 10 rings when you ordered 1 host as that’s inappropriate and not fair to the others. They only sent me the same amount of rings as hosts they shipped to Gearbest.

edit: Guys, chill with PM’ing me for the retaining rings for a few. I’m trying to order Orings that way you can get them if you need them. I don’t want to make 5000 trips to the post office.

also check out my review of the 1504’s baby brother and baby sister. The UF-1503 and UF-1505

welll

its the HOSTS that didnt come with the retention rings right? then i guess i need three of them, as i got three hosts.

PS - not complaining, but, someone mentioned their chips in the lenses? i just noticed the big chip in mine… mainly because it was on my bed playing around with my complete light? and i had to dig the big chip out of the meat of my body, lol…

its cool, i have had worse injuries, trust me… i think its funny…

i am just wondering… am i not assembling and disassembling my complete light correctly that i am getting a big chip off of it? i dont care about my own body, i just would feel terrible if i would have had to dig it out of my cats @$$ or something… that would negatively interrupt daddy’s special snuggle time with my special little fuzzy girl…lol

i am starting to think rubber gasket above and below the lens or something….

Those were plenty of excellent guys who did not care less about accuracy.

You will have to calibrate your luxmeter-app, but even then a phone camera has no way to register actual wavelengths so it can not properly correct the input for the luminosity curve neccesarry for calculating the luxvalue.

(edit: now I sound like one of the know-it-all chagrins from over at the other forum )

edit2: perhaps it is a nice little project for me some day to check these apps with a quality luxmeter, hmmm...

I have one only host. You have done a terrific job and would like to say thanks. You'll have to send out your Paypal when you have time. Cheers.

I am guessing that the chip is coming at the edge or off the flat part the retaining ring sets up against? if so, you may be able to just run a small bead of silicone around the lip of the lens to prevent this. Or………just use another O-ring. I think I am going to try to prevent chipping on mine by running a thin bead of Goop on the lip.

Make sure you have enough money to pay for the padded envelope (if needed), shipping cost and paypal fees (in case you can’t take the gift option) because it’s going to cost more than the $0.70 or $0.98 that you suggested. I don’t want you to get short changed.

Also see if you or Gearbest can get spare o’rings, I think we are all going to need some.

Someone has done that already:

(LOL: the 'professional luxmeter' he compares the app with is the usable but pretty cheap and crappy Tondaj LX-1010B )

I’m already working on that, but not with Gearbest. I gotta take some measurements this morning and I plan on ordering some.

N10 sorry for little of topic...

Cajampa and Djozz I supposed any budget light meter will work but it would be really nice to have android light meter.

I thought about light meter add on to android like this: http://www.gadgetify.com/luxi-for-all-light-meter/

That little add on should cost 15$?

Djozz please inspect this link cause it got potential. I would like to try it.

Or you can buy professional one for funny price: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/TES-1335-Digital-Light-Meter-FREE-SHIPPING/1592045606.html

About 1504 ring... It would probably smooth beam a little(less reflection) but really not big deal. I even did not considered big deal of badly drilled(of center) holes on my brass pill since I can dremel that.

Very nice fat light but boy it is heavy(I will have to trim it).

I would really like 50mm version(that will be more than enough for hunting purposes and much lighter) hope GB will carry them soon.

so I’ll PP you for, eventually, one retaining ring and a few (or more) O-rings if and when you can find them.
I’m sure for those a folded piece of paper in a standard letter envelope will travel fine for whatever First Class is this week.

I’m starting to think I should invest my retirement money in Forever Stamps …

Hi, I got one host in the GB. I’d like one of these retention rings. I’m in the United Kingdom. Could you let me know what you want for shipping and PM me the total and your PayPal address and I’ll make the payment. Thanks.

the Luxi at least has the first thing neccessary for throw measurements with your phone: a diffuser. Without it any luxmeter-app will hopelessly struggle with overloaded pixels resulting in making a mess of the lux measurement. The app itself looks nice and clean, and I'm sure the developers have done a good job extracting the correct information out of the images taken (light meter apps analyse pictures from what I can figure out).

But what luxmeters have is a (expensive or cheap, it is one of the most costly parts of a quality meter) colour filter before the sensor, correcting the colour sensitivity of the silicon sensor to match the photopic luminosity curve. Phones of course do not have one, but may compensate that a little bit by analysing the colour information in the picture, which is not the same (much less!) as the complete wavelength information (but I'm even not sure if those apps go as far as that).

I may have a go at one to see how it compares to a quality luxmeter :-)

The TES meter looks like a descent mid-quality luxmeter. (Mind that even this meter claims an accuracy of only <9% in following the photopic luminosity curve, on top of a +/- 3% read out accuracy.)

Measuring light is a hopeless undertaking :tired:

Guys, chill with PM’ing me for the retaining rings for a few. I’m trying to order Orings that way you can get them if you need them. I don’t want to make 5000 trips to the post office.

Reserve 1 ring for me.

I had attempted to get people here with smart phones with light sensors to contribute data here, did not work out so well. I think I did two or three phones. The problem I had with all them, was the light sensors readings jumped quite a bit, like say 15k to 25k, which made them about useless for any sort of accurate readings. I had tried a few of the popular apps.

My thinking on it is that they really care less about getting accurate lux readings, and just want to know if it is light or dark out for auto screen brightness.

That was a few years back, so maybe they started putting a better sensor in the phones now, but wouldnt hold my breath

edit: Put me in for one retaining ring. And if you are sourcing replacement orings I would probably like some new ones too. Maybe you can source a complete set for the light that is fluorosilicone, from what I found they are about the best there is... and they are blue