OFFICIAL Group Buy UF-1504, UF-1504 host, UF-1405, tail switch, 26650 batteries DISCOUNT CODES EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

Do we need to sign up for the hosts or will gearbest just release a limited time, coupon code for the hosts available for all?

Yes, but you can solder to brass. It doesn’t matter if aluminum conducts heat better than brass if the weakest heat conductor in the thermal path is the thermal paste under the star. Or an aluminum non-DTP star (or both). The thermal path is only as conductive as the weakest conductor in the path. Which is almost definitely going to be the thermal paste regardless of what the pill’s made of.

The reason (I assume) most of us would prefer a brass bill is the ability to solder a copper star to the pill. But additionally, brass is something like four times more dense than aluminum and can soak up more heat than aluminum. It just cannot conduct that heat as efficiently as aluminum for a unit of equal mass, which brings me to another point. Your entire comparison is assuming the same mass, which wouldn’t be the case. Being more dense, a brass pill will have greater mass than an aluminum pill of the same size, so in reality it’s probably something of a wash as far as thermal conductivity. A brass pill might have better thermal conductivity than an aluminum pill of the same size because its mass would be much greater. In the link you posted, the measurement of thermal conductivity is partially a function of its mass (watts/meter Kelvin, part of which is a function of mass, length, time, and temperature).

Also, you could get a better ground connection for the driver since you can solder the driver to the pill.

the 2 i bought should be here Monday :)

Mr Impatient!!! Oh well, at least these should be about half the price you paid.

That post was not meant to be rude, if i got them both for $60 shipped i was wondering if the price can be lowered since we will be buying more than 2 and the shipping will be divided by many buyers than just one.

the host i got was $15 each

We could make metal to metal contact without thermal paste? I tried all 3 pills (copper, brass, aluminum) and I really did not notice any difference in performance(up to 4A). But when I used copper or aluminum pill flashlight gets warmer much sooner than with brass.

And that why I just want to tell UF guys to send what they have... It really does not matter.

There is always way to fit stuff into such (aluminum) pill. Vinz has the worlds most impressive P60 drop ins and they are made of aluminum:

Because it looks like we will at first anyway we will only get the hosts, i wonder if anyone know a seller of 17mm contact boards?

I just want to DD mine, maximum power straight from the battery with fat wires & the strongest 26650 i can find :smiley:

It wasn’t taken as rude. I was picking with you. Gearbest is going to determine the price. Yes the actual product price will be cheaper as we are buying in quantity. However, there is the cost of shipping of the item to Gearbest, Gearbest’s cost to ship to us, plus Gearbest needs to make something to make it worth their time. They have a history with the company and getting low prices. In the end, I think everybody will be happy with it. We probably won’t hear anything for a few days as it is Friday night there, but I would guess that we will soon. They seemed to be on the ball when I talked to them. When I contacted them, she sent me a link to this thread and asked if this was the product I was talking about. According to Gearbest, they had already been watching this thread with interest when I contacted them.

You could always use the driver from another flashlight, take off all the components, and use it.

Awesome n10sivern cant wait to get more of these to mod :)

Yes i know but i only have working good drivers in 17mm, i guess i can always buy some crappy cheap 17mm driver & strip that.

If you need some I can mail some to you. I’m betting there are some people in Sweden or Europe that mail it for cheaper.

I will order some various pcb’s from ospark soon & i am going make an order to Richard (RMM) soon also, for some attiny13-mmu’s so i guess he will probably have some 17mm bare drivers i can buy.
And i think dx and such places has crappy drivers for about ~2 bucks.

I asked mostly because i currently don’t have an 17mm board & thought maybe fasttech & the usual places stock such things for cheap, but i don’t have the light either, so before gearbest gets it shipped here i hope i will have it sorted :wink: thats the plan anyway.

Yeeeeesss now i remember, i do have 2 X6 driver i can strip :smiley: i must be tired i had completely forgot that, yeah problem sorted :slight_smile:
Thanks n10sivern for making me think through it, i was so exited when modded my X6’s, i just ripped out the driver & haven’t given them second thought since.

Brass pill will make it feel more expensive. :stuck_out_tongue: Everytime anyone picks up my Z1 they’re like ‘Dang!’ Thing has a massive brass pill in it.

I’m fine either way.

This one works well in my 1405. I am not sure if the 1504 has the same pill but I assume it does.

5 for $2.65 is pretty cheap. i will keep that in mind, thanks :slight_smile:

It is for a switch, but I believe their is a thread here about using it as a contact board.

Edit: found it here.

I realized that it could be modified to work, so i removed my switch board question, but you had already replied, i guess my ninja edit wasn’t fast enough :wink:

Thanks for the link :slight_smile:

No problem

Or you can just use one of the boards from Oshpark… Same thing as the contact boards except wight designed them for higher current than your average contact board.