OFFICIAL Group Buy UF-1504, UF-1504 host, UF-1405, tail switch, 26650 batteries DISCOUNT CODES EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

I posted the link somewhere around here, the lenses I bought were from fasttech. Keep in mind that the numbers I posted are for the 1405, and as of yet I don’t think I’ve seen any numbers for the driver they are putting in the 1504.

Yes, dedoming helps throw in an aspheric. Period. How much depends on the LED and flashlight.

For the 1504 you can’t get much easier than a Q.lite driver with some extra 7135 chips and a dedomed XP-G2 S3 3C or XP-L V6 3C in my book, but other people prefer other tints, so that’s really up for you to decide.

the dome on the LED makes light have a wider viewing angle and protects the LED. If you take the dome off, the viewing angle decreases, and typically in the process it warms the color of the emitted light. People generally start out with a cool white to dedome so that it turns into a neutral white and sometimes even warmer.

Once dedomed, this is where die size comes into play.
XM-L/L2 and XP-L have a 2 mm x 2 mm emitter for 4 mm^2 surface area
XP-G/G2 have a 1.4 mm x 1.4 mm emitter for a 1.96 mm^2 surface area
XP-E/E2 have a 1 mm x 1 mm emitter for a 1 mm^2 surface area
XR-E have 2 different emitters. The EZ1000 had a 1 mm x 1 mm emitter for a 1 mm^2 surface area. The EZ900 had a 0.9 mm x 0.9 mm emitter for a 0.81 mm^2 surface area

So with the emitter surface area in mind, the smaller the area the more focused the light. An aspherical lens is made so that in one position it increases the viewing angle to cause flood. In another position, it focuses the light. If you take the emitter with the smallest surface area and focus it even more, it will increase the throw but with a very small illuminated area. The XP-G2 tends to be the winner. The XP-E2 and XR-E have smaller surface area but can’t be pushed very hard with current. Up to a certain point, they do win. When you start increasing the current, the XP-G2 takes the lead. That’s why many like it because it can be dedomed and pushed to 5a current.

As for the driver, there are drivers that are direct drive in High, but also have modes. They aren’t all just a single mode.

Please sign me up for 2 complete flashlights

(I cancelled the dealsmachine order)

i’ll take one complete flashlight

Any updates on that coupon?

Also, does anyone know if a 26700 will fit?

When I talked to her a night or two ago she said should be in stock in 3-7 days. I don’t know what the hold up is

Waiting for the coupon

Remember, the usual tactic is to make some last minute cheaper corner cut and part substitution, send it to the seller, and hope they don’t notice til it’s gone out to a bunch of early adopters in hopes they’ll choke it down.

It’s called “Charlie Testing” in the industry — comes right after beta testing, where you sell the beta to the early customers and “sorry, Charlie!”

Patience furthers.

Give the seller time to take a dozen out of the box, see if they turn on, check that they are put together right, and run the lights for a few hours to see if they fizzle.

Or be the customer who does that work for them, of course.

It looks like you must be patient to do business over there…

Any developments?

Yeah, I'm still waiting for a coupon code bit thinking the entire light will be on the open market soon

First post is updated with codes. Pretty good prices. Thanks Gearbest!

ordered thank you very much N10severn

Anyone know what XM-L2 is in the complete lights? I’m assuming since it doesn’t say it’s a nice purple T6?

How many amps are they driven at?

I got the 15 hosts I signed up for ordered. Need to decide now if I want to place an order for pressure switches.

Wasn’t there some discount for remote switch? I thought it was cheaper!

How much cheaper do you want it? They are $4.29 with the discount code. That’s not a bad price. That’s about the price of C8 pressure switches and cheaper than most flashlight pressure switches. My Maxtoch M24 pressure switch was twice that price.

And Pressure switch.
I put in the comments box this;

“I thought we got Free Tracking as part of the BudgetlightForum Group Buy?
If so please add that and please pack well.
Thanks!”

Don’t know if it will help, but the $1.99 digs into the savings, so if it comes with no tracking, so be it. I will be able to tell when it is getting close by other members getting theirs, they always seem to come in one big blob.
That is the downside of ordering early, waiting longer, but that is nature of the beast.

Thanks n10sivern for all your hard work on this group buy!
Later,
Keith