OFFICIAL Group Buy UF-1504, UF-1504 host, UF-1405, tail switch, 26650 batteries DISCOUNT CODES EXPIRED!!!!!!!!

I wasn't complaining about the price, I'm glad I was part of the group buy to bring it to the market. I was just trying to explain how it is dealing with dealers and retailers

I know, we are basically in agreement.

I responded to the general tone in the thread, of people who didn’t like it that someone can now buy it for less.

That I feel is a positive, now we can get as many as we want, exactly as we wanted all along, and even cheaper now :wink:

Replaced dedomed xml2 on noctigon with a Domed XPG2 on noctigon 2.85A tailcap and 160kcd. I’ll probably dedome it some other time. I’ve got pics of stock xml2/dedomed xml2/xpg2 on white wall/50m/200m I’ll post sometime.

Bought my second one once funds had cleared from payday so i’ve met my part, cheers for arranging the groupbuy n10sivern, ive got a 3.04 driver and a dedomed xml2 on noctigon to throw in it, question tho, will the noctigon require a thread to fit in as it looks tight? Also how to solder it in,i dont remember a top metal surface?

The missus has claimed the first already as her torch, she is fascinated by the lens hahaha, i may have a go at turning the second down some on the lathe at work. Then once my BLF special edition Eagle Eye X6 arrives i’ll stop buying torches. Honest.

PS: if anyone didn't realize, I'm talking about the supfire m6. I found it on alibaba. It wasn't available anywhere, and I got it brought to the market just like the op did here. I took the time and effort to get them to actually do a run and get it to the people and it turned out to be one of the best budget triples available. None of the regular retailers wanted to stock it. Took quite some time, and many emails that was probably only partially understood to get it to the market. What did all the time and effort bring? The supfire m6 to the market. Did I get anything special from the deal? I got the same supfire m6 at the same peice as everyone else. I also got another flashlight that I thought would be a good next group buy light, and that ended up being given away in a random ass GAW I did.

Took a lot of time and effort on the end. Time equals money. Supfire I am sure made lots of money on the deal as they keep contacting me to do another group buy, but none of them have been something I think will either A: bring something new to our community, or B: be a very good deal to the community.

We took option A here. Yes, maybe the idea is not new,but the host is not easy to come by.

I went and bought a small sun zy-t13, and bought a crelant collimator head. Added a crelant 7g3cs battery tube to it, and a copper spacer, and I basically got what we got here. All together I had about $65 give or take, my thread on the build is still here, not counting the 7g3cs battery tube. To get something like this before you either needed to lego the fuck out of shit, or get custom adapters made that are not cheap.

Not trying to disrespect anyone that's complaining about spending a little more on the group buy. For all I knew, the m6 could have been available at the same prices as some of the kings shortly after. Took a risk to get a potentially awesome light and it worked out.

As I see it, this will be the cheapest and easiest way to get a high powered thrower to date.

I'd be willing to bet most lights, supbeam, thrunites, nitecore, surefire... They don't cost more than $15 to make. What drives the price up is the manufactures perceived value, and demand for such a light. Of course, surefire is driven up from cpfs cult flowing.

Yes, I have also brought a lot of supbeams to the market too, not counting introducing vinh to them. And in the end him pressuring them to give him my group buy prices and cutting me out of the group buys I spent a lot of unknown time coordinating.

Edit: I have been drinking, and sometimes certain groupbuy discussions and mentions of vinh set me off... Oops sorry all for my rants :P

Edit again: no hate towards you cone, may have seemed that way. Just having flashbacks I guess lol

Cone, I have no control over Gearbest. They are a company and free to do whatever they feel is in their best interests to make money. They went out on a limb and offered a host of an unproven flashlight for sale, which they have never done before. Their shipping is much improved and everybody has gotten their lights in a timely manner. They also offered pressure switches we asked for, complete lights for sale which weren’t for sale at any other mainstream business, while also giving discounts on batteries and the UF-1405. They took a lot of risk and it worked out for them. I can’t fault them if they got a successful new light through the group buy that they now offer $0.60 cheaper on sale to stimulate the sale of other items. It’s business. Discount a hot item to sell other items. Personally I think Gearbest did a decent job with everything. And no, I’m not employed by them. I got a whole $5 in affiliate sales from this from those that used my AFF links. Basically I invested hours upon hours to get this light to us at a decent price for $5. My goal was to try to get a special light, but there was so much backlash from the manufacturer it was not going to happen fast. All in all it took less than 45 days from start to being for sell, which is much better than damn near every other group buy. To be honest, if it had taken 3 or 4 or 5 months to get a custom light made I would have lost interest. People can say what they want, but it’s a good light with a huge amount of potential sold at a reasonable price to us through a good company. That’s all I have to say about that.

Edit: I initially directed this at Pulsar but it was meant for Cone.

About aff links. Maybe it is better to open free donations with your paypal acc. 1$ means nothing to me or other guys but if I and maybe 100 of other people consider that you did something good you'll get much more than their 5$ (at least 100$ )

n10sivern,

Could you manage with Uniquefire manufacturers to make us this kind of rheostat/pressure switch/forward clicky combo switch:

I appreciate that, but I didn’t do this to make money. That’s why I didn’t include it in my links to the lights. I really don’t care about the AFF links that much. I just figured I might as well sign up for it. I would never accept donations from members, but if I make a few pennies from a company that doesn’t cost consumers anything extra I’ll take it.

First off, I stated that my minor gripe was based on principle, not pennies.

Moreover, your premise is completely false as it is based on the normal fluctuations of price and not, as what happened here, that we were promised a “special” friends and family price that turned out to be no better than what they can, as it appears now, sell the light for anyway.

If any group buy doesn’t deliver a better than the general public price or, in the alternative, a semi custom light that would not be available otherwise, than what’s the point?

Don’t pee on my leg and tell me it’s raining.

n10, I have no problem with you and I appreciate your efforts. I also have no issue with GB setting or changing their price. The lights themselves are fine, the shipping was fast, and that’s all great. I paid a fair price and I got what I paid for. I don’t expect anything more.

My only issue is in us, as a group, pretending that we got some sort of awesome deal buy participating in this group buy. To think we were somehow given special treatment or great deal, given what they sell the lights for before our lights have even been delivered, is laughable on its face.

hm, enter the code and the price goes UP! to $30.11

That’s because it is on sale right now. Gearbest’s website has been needed up for quite some time where if you enter an expired code it makes the price worse. No code needed right now as the complete lights are $24.99

my only complaint? is for the life of me, i thought i should be having a batter driver in the 2 complete lights, than 700 to 800 “ish” milliamps…

(the other guy was reporting 1.9 amps, out of the package)

that aside? i have no complaints, and thats a minor complaint at that… as it needs modded anyways. I just thought with 1.9amps, i could wait a while before i tore them apart, lol.

my 100 dollar order (3 hosts, 5 remote switches) took not even a WEEK to hit my mailbox. record shipping with DHL… the other order (2 complete lights) took another week or so to get here. STILL pretty fast shipping from china, i was impressed.

i will order a few things more from them in the future, based on this (first) china ordering experience. (like a few vaping things)

=

now, onto more important things… what DRIVER am i getting to replace these pathetic 700-800ma excuses for drivers? i was thinking 3amps… MAYbe 4 amps…

and what size driver? looks kinda small driver size…

also? what kind of hassle will it be to get the dedoming done? i have a jar of gasoline here, all ready to go… gasoline wont hurt the driver any, will it? i might just chuck the whole pill into the gasoline jar, then use electronic cleaner on the whole thing to make sure the gas is gone…

glad i planned on de-doming the complete lights ANYways… the one i took apart? the dome has what looks like spatters of white-ish “stuff” all over it, lol… not helping light output any painting the DOME of the LED with what looks like the stuff glueing the PCB down to the pill…

maybe the other complete light doesnt have the dome painted over, lol, i dont know…

edit: looks like maybe flux spattered all over down in the pill? or else its the thermal adhesive or whatever holding the pcb down…

Is there any source for the threaded ring that isn’t supplied with the brass pill, for holding an emitter in place?

Because I expect I’ll want to be fiddling for a while trying out various emitters.

Wish there were a threaded holddown on the driver side too, actually.

I may have something for ya in a week. Chill. I’ll post something when I know something

my driver?

dead ringer for THIS one…

http://www.lightmalls.com/4-2v-16mm-2a-5-mode-led-driver-for-1-cree-xm-l

oh well… pried the driver board loose, and chucked the whole thing into the gasoline jar… also took off the centering ring, and the centering plastic thingy…

check it out tomorrow morning, i guess.

I would suggest not putting the driver in gas. If you are planning on changing the driver out anyway, just unsolder the PCB from the wires and suspend it upside down in pure gas (no ethanol). Your light should be pulling more than you are getting. You must have bad contact somewhere, maybe the switch. You are the only one I know pulling 0.9A on high.

17mm

I like the 7135 driver, specifically the Qlite 3.04A. Stack more 7135 chips to increase amps.
From RMM, QLITE REV.A 7135*8 3.04A LED DRIVER - 17mm
Based in the US, very fast shipping, he can flash the driver with just about any group of modes you can think of. Fairly inexpensive to boot.

too late, lol

by the time i read this? i had already popped the driver loose, and plopped the whole shebang into the gasoline jar, lol. JUST as i read you say not to use gas? 3 hours had gone by, lol… got it out, sprayed everything off with electronics cleaner, and re assembled. worked fine.

my cheap HF meter? on resistance, i touch the leads together (cheap leads that came with it) and get 3.9 to 4.1 ohms reading for baseline “no resistance”… going from the switch POST to the aluminum round that contacts the body when the switch throws?

4 ohms when ON, right at the “baseline” of simply touching the leads together… no measured resistance with the switch ON.

dedoming was “uneventful”. typical XML dedoming…. focused emitter now 2/3rds the size, appears much brighter. side by side with the other still-domed emitter complete light? VERY noticeable increase in perceived brightness. Typical tint shift… yellowish.

i would think “contact issue” if it was ONE light doing the low readings… but both are. as an aside? the “still domed” complete light has a thing where you have to screw and unscrew the tailcap after changing batteries (any batteries) to get it to come on, but, then it STAYS on with no issues.

both lights DO this, but, its more fiddling on the domed emitter light than on the dedomed one.

shrugs

oh well… need a driver anyways.

suppose it could be the cheap harbor freight meter and leads? i thought cheap leads read HIGH, not low, anyways, for amp readings.