Olight recall

@Oli and SammysHP thank you I found the video. It seems like a simple metal clip short will turn on Warrior Mini.

Tested all 3 of my M2R Pro’s with different metal objects and could not duplicate problem. If you/anyone know of demo of same problem for M2R Pro, please post. Not that I carry anything metal in my pocket at same time as the beautiful flashlight, just very curious and hope it’s limited to Warrior Mini :innocent: . Thanks.

Not as far as I know. The problem here is Olight are huge on emails, advertising, comps, giveaways that appeal to just about anyone. What they haven’t done is educate anyone about running bright lights or build in a moron proof safety system.

Yep. There’s video of my Emisar D4V2 burning things, but Emisar hasn’t sold 200,000 units to the general public either.

Don’t know about the Warrior Mini but the M2R does have temperature based stepdowns. But I think it cannot stop fire because the temp sensed is internal, not the temp outside at the beam.

BTW for M2R Pro Limited Edition owners, picture below is why I am holding on to mine: the lower CCT warm beam that doesn’t wash out colors like almost all other throwers. This is why some M2R owners don’t want to upgrade to Warrior 3 with its harsh blue beam. Note only the LIMITED EDITION (orange, patriot, etc.) has the warmer beam.

I warned Olight about the problems with the M2R Pro’s switch in 2020, before they released the Mini and they refused to pay any attention. The problem is in fact the magnetic tail switch can be switched on by a random piece of steel, such as a keychain, paper clip etc. That’s a huge, inexcusable flaw that should not by defended by anyone with “but lockout”. Sorry, I’ve never had a problem with any other light turning itself on in self destruct mode and any light that requires being locked out is not a light worth carrying.

I’ve requested a full refund as I have zero interest in another Olight. They do cover the return shipping and tell you not to return the battery, which is nice.

They won’t tell you, they want it swept under the carpet asap. Olight have had their own sell, sell, sell agenda for years. When they first released lights with the remote magnet charger, if you did the ‘hold the torch between your teeth’ thing you’d get the slight electrical tingle, and there were people doing successful wire wool ignition experiments. I kept my SR1 Baton 2 where the problem was solved, but I won’t buy any more Olights.

Just wait until they mandate some kind of key to turn the light on, like some of the “pocket” lasers have. That will really suck!

Don't wear pants

Now Pandora’s Box is opened on flashlights.

Let’s see how long thy can bear a CE mark or other regulation relevant claims. We will end up in overregulated 100 lumens limits.

We saw this in laser pointers. Nowadays it is a bureaucratic monster to obtain a powerful laser for the lab.
Expensive Augmented Reality now needs to be used instead of a daylight visible laser pointer.

Will a special permit be introduced for flashlights as well? Let’s hope not.

In the end it comes from morons with their LEPs burning retinas at miles distance and from stupid lumen-warriors beaming every creature they can reach with their flashlights.

And then there is that tactical neuro, when civilians pretend to be warriors and use specialized tactical lights as EDC.

We saw similar disaster with vapers who were too stupid to protect spare batteries in their pockets or
reusing deep-discharged LiPos over and over again until they ran away thermally.

The list can be extended beyond server capacity.

The sum of it all:
Keep it reasonable.
One who uses military equipment needs to know that it can fire back. A normal flashlight, even a powerful one, would be much safer.

Kitchen knives is next.

You mean something like this?

At this rate the future is going to look like a Dark Mirror episode. The entire population will be living in padded cells for their own protection. A small group of the ruling class will continue to live normally outside the cells…until one of them snaps.

Good post. :+1: