Oshpark Projects

That's right, those are the ones I stock. I don't think there ever was any discussion on it, it was just a small iteration. I still prefer the "OG" boards, since they are more versatile than the "1.0", since you can zener mod them if needed. You can run fast PWM if you want as well, just move the cap and add a jumper or 10 ohm resistor to the gate resistor pad. I have been using some of the 1.0s but I really prefer the old ones.

All of them work just fine with fast-PWM and no gate resistor, the cap at C1 needs moving from after the diode to before the diode (just anywhere between B+ & gnd).

What goes in the OP is stuff thatā€™s been volunteered. I know others have project boards on their personal Oshpark pages but unless they tell me they want them posted they arenā€™t. I wonā€™t go mining the forum or the net for the work of others.

There is a list of Mtnelectronics boards in the OP but it hasnā€™t been updated because I havenā€™t been told what to update and what might be proprietary.

Nothing proprietary. Just some requested tweaks along the way.

If a person has put a board is in OSHPARKs shared projects it ainā€™t proprietaryā€¦ the whole purpose of shared projects is to make it available to everyone.

This. The "RMM" board is just some tweaks Matthaus made per my requests along the way. It is not "my" board in any way shape or form.

One good reason for communicating with the oard designer before blindly posting the link to the project is to verify the project is the most current version and find out if it has any wartsā€¦

Oh sure there are easier (and MUCH CHEAPER) ways to do this but I really want it to be a PCB, reason being my mom love seeing my name on all my PCBā€™s I design (what mother wouldnt right?) and on top of that, my uncle is the smartest person Iā€™ve ever met so the family has pretty much came to expect really awesome (and totally unnecessary) electronic gadgetā€™s, he has multiple doctorates in different EE fields and was the head of the entire EE department at BGSU till he retired from there a few years ago to make even more money being an independent tester for different cell mfgā€™s (I wish I could post the stuff he does here, he sends me picā€™s and data but Iā€™m not aloud to share if anywhere, he has the most awesome cell / charger setup Iā€™ve ever seen, totally blows HKJ and DJOzzy out of the water). Anyway point is, I really an only interested in doing it as a PCB.

Note Iā€™ve made a major revision, the thing now uses 0805 SMD LEDā€™s has a board mounted uC to twinkle the LEDā€™s and Iā€™m currently experimenting with different methods to power / charge it including wireless induction charging! Cheap has went out the wondow.

Back on topic- TomE, I have my own version of 17dd zener youā€™re after (ATTiny13A controlled with padā€™s for everything and gate/pull-up resistors removed) but I havent shared it cause mattus has always expressed his concern with not having a hundred different versions of boards out there. This was a total start-over (it also has 2/ea viaā€™s for the LED leads, a huge help in multi-emitter lights). I can share and post it if Matt doesnt mind, Iā€™ll wait for his word tho. Iā€™d done this a while ago and am happily using them in several customerā€™s lights. Again it has the OTC pad, the Z1 pad, no gate resistors and the B+ to GND C1 pad plus the 200ohm VCC resistor pad (which is D1 in a non-zener setup). Mine also uses fill GND planeā€™s for better / easier piggybacking / mounting, not just a thin GND ring that easily pulls off.

If anyone else wants any other dd_AVR drivers with a full GND plane let me know, I have them all in both zener and single-cell setupā€™s (15, 15.17 (which is just a 17mm single side board with the SOD-23 ā€œbabyFETā€), 17, 20 and 22) done like that (can you tell the thin GND rings that pull off was one of my biggest pet-peeves lol). Note I used the shared .sch but totally started over on all the boards, not just made modā€™s to the existing mattus boards. Iā€™m currently using all of these in lights but the 22.

If I could just buy a kit from you [price dependent] this sounds like a wonderful little project for making Xmas knicknacks/tree ornaments.

Dang - not sure if opened a can of worms here... Sounds like I want yours CK...

Iā€™m lazy and to avoid the possibility of stepping on toes I decided on a policy of only including designs that are offered in the thread or by pm. Go ahead and post yours here CK. Everyone can look it over and if itā€™s a better design then Iā€™m sure Matt wonā€™t mind if his gets supplanted.

Edit - Maybe better to have its own discussion thread first. Then that will be already up to link to rather than mixed into this thread.

Would like to see that tiniest10 as it sounds like a completely different design from the tiny10.

I for one totally understand your intentions with this policy. If people want stuff included in this thread let it be mentioned! That said, I sometimes forget.

I wonder about the Tiniest10 as well. I guess itā€™s a tiny linear driver setup to be controlled by an SOT23-6 MCU.

Sorry, fellas. Heaps of non-flashlight related stuff on my mind at the moment (and for the foreseeable future) so I've been trying to keep things simple on my end. Trying being the key word. If CK has what you're after then go for it. All my stuff was open source for people to do with as they please. If my designs are out dated or no longer relevant, then just remove the links in the first post. I won't be sad lol.

Edit: I'll work out the best way to share all my project files and post a link somewhere.

Thanks for all your help!

Ok well I guess its cool, Iā€™m gonna add better comments and get everything to where it can be shared (I kinda just out whateverā€™s on my mind, or the project Iā€™m working on in the comment section for my own personal uploads). I will get everything shared tonight or tomorrow, again I have a 15.17, 15, 17 and 20 (if anyone wants the 22 let me know and Iā€™ll be happy to post the link but till someoneā€™s actually ordered one and built it I donā€™t want to say for sure its G2G yet).

The tiniest10 is back up on Mattā€™s projects page, the really cool thing about it is the fact a 10F322 or attiny10 are both direct fit (same pinout) and there are several different pic FWā€™s for it (no idea whatā€™s out there for AVR). Itā€™s a CC linear driver using the same circuit I use [four of] on my RGBW stuff, current is set by a 1206 resistor (up to about 2.5A, above that and the resistor stack burns up and 2512ā€™s wonā€™t fit).

Matt do you have a thread about it? If not I will make one soon, if so let me know and Iā€™ll post a bunch of info (like sense resistor calculations and what components I use and stuff). DO NOT use whatever 1206ā€™s you find in your bin, you must buy 3/4w Vishay Dale resistors to handle the power (even at 350mAh I had to use 1/2w, tried using random low power rating resistors I had laying around (probably 1/4-1/5w) and they all pop within minutes). It is a very stable driver as long as you use the correct parts tho and the AVR/PIC compatibility is awesome.

No I don't sorry. I can't even remember why I made the Tiniest10 lol. I'm sure it was for yet another project I lost interest in or pushed aside for something even cooler (that then suffered the same fate!).

The tiny10 is nice and I donā€™t mind stacking chips but the whole point of it was to make a small linear driver for 10xxx applications and it sounds like the tiniest10 can do the job without stacking 2-3-4 AMC 7135ā€™s. Please do post the link and a discussion thread for them. Nothing expires like tech, eh?

Trying to upload all this stuff now, how do I make it so the comments has a list of items each new line item started with *?

So itā€™s:

• D1 is SOT-323
  • C1 is 10uf 0805 X7R
  • U1 is ATTiny13A
  • blah blah is blah blah and so on? I canā€™t get it to do this!

OSH Park uses markdown. Try a different character?

http://daringfireball.net/projects/markdown/syntax