[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

You are correct, I have one, very cheap, only very thin padding on the side that rides your back. Avoid.

Coyotehawk will add you to the list on his next update. It will be early January when you will get a PM (personal message) and e-mail giving you all the details of where to go and how to pay.

Welcome to BLF

I ordered this when I saw the link in this thread, shopping history shows August 31st. I kind of abandoned the idea even before the backpack arrived. It’s not bad, but it’s not very suitable for this purpose.

I don’t regret buying. It’s €4.26, it’s a very lightweight bag and while it’s not made of seatbelt grade nylon, it’s not trash either. This will be practical for light travel, to be folded inside a cabin class suitcase with other minimalist gear.

pls add me to the list . . . - a bit unclear, is this the correct thread?

Yes, this is the development/group buy thread. Coyotehawk will add you to the list on his next update. It will be early January when you will get a PM (personal message) and e-mail giving you all the details of where to go and how to pay.

Nvanlaar’s links for page 397.

The Millers Original Group Buy List ending on Nov 11 and #1213

Coyotehawk’s Continuation of the Group Buy List, starting Nov 11 and #1214 - Updated Dec 17

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for first 555 - Updated Dec 15

Neal’s Paid/Shipping List for #556 to #1038 - Updated Dec 15.

M4D M4X: For all people who want to let us know the value that should be declared on the parcels:
please take the BLF GT customs declaration survey

Samsung 35E seem ideal, high mAh and good amps.
M4D M4X is doing a groupbuy, here: GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

Video of Drop Test

I disagree completely… no reason to “avoid” this if you are simply looking for something to keep the world off of your GT .

If your looking for ‘hard case’ type protection then yeah… this ain’t it. Get a ‘hard case’. But for $4.97 this serves/will serve it’s purpose very well.

Wow, I missed this post. This is bad news.

Hello everyone!

I’m a little bit confused of how getting on the list for this amazing flashlight.

Is it still possible to order one für $155?
If yes, please add me to the list.

Thanks!
Heiko

Yes, you just officially got on the list by asking here.
You will be added to the list when Coyotehawk updates it next.
You will receive a PM (Personal Message) in January with purchase instructions.

Nice, thanks for the explanation.

/\/\/\/\ …… :+1:

I hate to ask a dumb question but just out of curiosity would the GT float if it was ever dropped in the water? With its heavy weigh I didn't think there was a chance of it floating until I realized how much air is between the reflector and the glass. Still think it will be a rock but I am not sure.

What about with just 4 batteries?

The way I first found BLF was because I dropped the light I used every day into a creek shortly after the rubber switch cover tore. Switches don't like muddy water.

If it is on when you drop it there will be some blind fish in that river / pond.

At least that’s what i think, dont feel like it have a displacement to float.

I dont think it can float, simply because of big weight, but interesting question Iike will the spare tire float?

Maybe it floats without batteries, lets ask Archimedes

Does anybody know the volume of Giggles? It needs to dispose (is that correct English?) more then 1.8 liters of water.

Volume is less than the mass of the light so no it wont float. :wink:

I’m figuring out the math but it’s not that easy as with a solid object.
(also i’m rusty with the math…)
The following statistics can be different than the final light as its not taking from the latest cad files. (all decimal
According to solidworks the volume without the battery carriers (thus increasing the volume of air inside the light) is 623114.50 cubic millimeters. That results in 0.0006231 cubic meter (0.6231 Liter) .

The mass is approximately 1650.78 grams.

With a solid object you would say that it has a buoyancy force of around 6.2 N (0.62kg = the displacement of the water = the volume of the light)

But since the GT is not solid, it has some trapped air inside, the buoyancy force would probably higher.

The empty battery tube has a inside volume of 7314 cubic milimeters.

I believe you if you say so, but was it that far fetched? Any idea how much the volume actually is? Supposedly less than 1.8 liters but by how much?

My quick approximation looking at the pictures is it will have more than 1 liter of volume, and my very quick calculations point to more than 1.5 liters. Just a battery tube as long as the light is almost 0.8 liters, not much smaller than three 1/3 liter cans of beer.

You might not need very large floats to prevent the GT from sinking.

Pretty close. It needs to displace.

See my edit above.
I took the values from solidworks. Dont know how accurate it all is.

I did some rough quick calculations and you are not way off with 1.5 liters.
So for some reason I think the value that solidworks shows is not 100% correct or I am missing something huge…

When I make a simple cilinder with a diameter of 10mm and a hight of 20mm it shows a volume of 1570.80 cubic millimeters. pi r^2 h = pi x 5^2 x 20 = 1570.80. So that’s correct.
If a make that same cilinder hollow with a wall thickness of 0.5mm the volume changes to 362.07 cubic millimeters.
That doesn’t make sense…
:cry: