[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

As I’ve got some questions from family members, let’s go for another GT. Please put me on the list for GT nr 2. Thanks!

Dumb question, are those cells for $40 protected? I also needed 4 for my Q8, can I get those all together if they also work well on it too?

Lastly I will be looking for at least a 4 bay charger if any other deals going on or could get shipped with my package .

No they’re not. For the Q8 you need button top, which they’re neither (EDIT: they are button top, as some people have pointed out below, sorry about the confusion). A good deal for button top protected I can see right now is here:

Here are two deals for chargers with US plug I can see around. They have been better in the recent past, I don’t know if they’ll come back.

A Zanflare C4 for $20:

A Liitokala Lii-500 for $18.50:

You can see other deals in those threads and there are a couple more similar deal threads around.

$157.22Usd which includes Paypal fees and shipping

You need button top for the gt also unless there has been a massive decision to scrap polarity protection in the battery carriers. Iirc you need solder blob on flattop or button top for both the q8 AND the GT.

The 35E cells are NOT protected but they are Button Top… If you are wanting to order 12 cells with your GT …… you cannot do that.
You can order 8 cells to be shipped with & inside the GT.

You may order other cells (8 for $42.50 IIRC) from M4DM4X. Info on cell GB thread.
Here is the link to it…. GROUPBUY: 8pcs Samsung 35E BUTTON TOP for the BLF GT

I use flat top batteries on the Q8 and it works fine, the button top is only for the GT

Which Cells are you using?

if I’m not mistaken only flat top cells that protrude past the top of the cell can be used
ie Lg HG2 cells work as the positive slightly passes the side of the cell, whereas normal Samsung 30qs will not work as they are slightly recessed.

Right sorry, I forgot the 35E set for the GT are actually button top, I was thinking of the regular ones.

Not sure if you’re saying you need to solder blobs also on button tops, I have 30Q button top in Q8 and they work fine, I don’t need to solder anything. I also tried GA flat tops and they work fine too. 30Q flat tops not so much.

Yes…. Button Tops are required for both the Q8 & GT.

The polarity protection has not been removed from the GT

The Samsung 35 E batteries that can be ordered with the GT are Button Top.

if they are button tops no need for solder blobs. solder blobs would only be necessary for some flattop cells to extend the positive terminal. the Samsung 30qs need solder blobs for example as they have a recessed positive terminal.

hahahah solder BOOB

:+1: /\/\ :+1:

11:00 am / Wednesday 27 December 2017 / Shenzhen, China

I’m jelly. :innocent:

:+1: …. yep …… :wink:

Shenzhen China is 14 hours ahead of Central Time Zone USA

Please put me on list for 2nd Giggles light if there is enough left over. Thanks so much.

Coyotehawk will add you to the list on his next update. It will be early to mid January when you will get a PM or e-mail telling you all the details of where to go and how to pay. Keep a lookout for it.

Welcome to BLF if you are new.

What do you mean with little spot? Maybe that dark “hole” in the center? I never saw such a dark spot in a flashlight. Usually just there is the most luminous part of the beam. I strongly hope it will be fixed! :person_facepalming:

What in the world are you talking about “dark hole”??

You are making no sense at all…… :person_facepalming: . :person_facepalming: