[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

I am 99.99% sure that anyone will be able to hit 2Mcd with this host by putting a hard driven XP-G2 or Black Flat in it.

I’m just saying to not expect massive amounts of throw more than a TN42 even though it is a big light with over 1Mcd.
It takes exponentially more candela to increase the usable throw.
IMO taking the distance to 1 lux rather than 0.25 lux (the ANSI standard) gives a much more realistic use distance.

yep, the lemax in that pic is putting a little over 1 lux on that building at 1800 meters
but it also is putting out 7500 lumens too, what a beast

yes, but it is what it is, I will be in the area so why not, the worst that can happen is we snuggle in to keep each other warm :smiley:
The cliffs and therefore the 12 Apostles are a light coloured sandstone and did I mention BIG, so that it just might light up some of them if not then I will use the cliffs, note where I can see the farthest, then use Google maps to get the distance :sunglasses:

Anyway I will be in the area for four nights, just a pity that the forecast is for rain on three of them, this is where I hope the four day forecast is wrong :laughing:

Cheers David

they are the best . Three thumbs up .

I am curious, where can I see some testing / results for the flat black? I remember seeing some speculations but never remember seeing the results.

Also anyone have a link to a flat black with reasonable tint ~4000-5000k?

The Black Flat is cool white only.
Here is some testing:

I think some people on TLF also tested it but idk where that topic is.

Here:

and here:

With the Osram Black flat you can expect up to 2.5Mcd if everything is perfect (see this calculation for details). This is probably a bit too optimistic though. The theoretical best values for the XHP-35HI have not been reached until this point (around 10% less).

The beam becomes very, very tight though and you only get around 700 otf Lumens.

Thanks for the links, can’t understand the text but the graphs are pretty easy to understand.

Thanks, Driver :slight_smile:

If you use google chrome just click the translate button at the top right of the URL bar.

I use firefox most of the time, I don’t like that chrome tracks everything you do. Chromium is an option but still gives me the creeps knowing there is closed code buried in there that ties directly to Google.

Plus I always seem to have issues getting the plug-ins I want with Chrome.

I could use google translate but I was too lazy and was mostly looking for a basic rundown on results anyways. Lack of warmer tints pretty much means I won’t be using it anyways. 6500k sounds dreadful. lol

Google transate is your friend, it’s German…

All you need to know is the luminance (cd/mm^2). With this you can calculate the thow.

The tint in my exoerience is very white, just slighty bluish. No yellow, no green etc.

Firefox tracks metadata, so does literally every website you go to, so does your phone, and so does your ISP.
Sooo……
If you’re concerned about some computer knowing the websites you visit then you might want to stop using the internet, because everything gets tracked.

The idea is not to stop it entirely, that is impossible. The idea is to not make it easy and not to give all your information to the same place.

The same reason you lock your car doors when you go into a store. It would not stop someone from breaking in, it simply makes it hard enough to discourage most people.

Try the plugin noscript :wink:

A more accurate analogy would be covering your car up when you go to the bank because you are afraid of security cameras seeing what colour and brand it is.
There is literally no reason to be afraid of there being some metadata on a big data server, the computer doesn’t care about you at all.
Anyway, I’m gonna stop derailing this thread now. Paranoia can only be cured if the person wants to make the effort.

I see you have never been involved in the shadier side of the internet.

did I miss the who paid list ? been looking for 5 days now. is there a new PM list for the next available spots?

You could always use tor / onion browser… but I think this thread is getting off subject a bit at this point.

You need button top cells for this, unless you remove or alter the reverse polarity protection disks. Liionwholesale has the 30Q button tops at the group buy price right now, but they are going fast.

This is BLF—— Most of us have Soldering Irons(solder blob) on this Forum—- :wink: