[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Thanks tom :+1:

incredible….way to go
thats alot of lux :+1:

Love your thread on the best throwers too Kind of makes me wish I had a GT proto now to mod...

Thanks for sharing that link Tom…. I had forgot about that thread. :person_facepalming:

Very Impressive Enderman, very impressive indeed!!! :+1:

Thanks everybody :slight_smile:

If anyone plans to mod the GT into an aspheric thrower, use this lens:
http://www.optolife.com/singlet_lens/A037.html
The diameter and focal length are perfect for the dimensions of the GT.
Even though it says 0 stock, when I contacted them to get my lens they told me they did have some in stock, not sure if they still do though.

Should be able to get above 4Mcd if you own a wavien collar, or 2Mcd without.
With an appropriate driver and LED of course.
Although Wavien has stopped producing collars it should be possible to buy this flashlight and rip the collar out of it: Marinebeam Ultra Long Range CREE RLT Illuminator
Not cheap though.

:smiley: that heatsink is ridiculous! :money_mouth_face:

What is the focal length on that lens? I see the EFL is 115mm? Hmm, that is a bit too far for a perfect focus but maybe you could extend the head some to fit it.

The EFL is approximately from the middle of the lens, and it’s a thick lens, probably like 30-40mm so the BFL will probably be about 90mm which is the depth of the GT reflector.

holy crap, it’s a monster!

Oh man, what kind of throw can I expect without changing the LED.

If the optofire lens fits nicely into the GT without modding…

And this polished up and with a hole cut in the center would probably make a great waivern collar…

http://s.aliexpress.com/JFNRjmMV

I hate spill anyway, the gt for me is meant to impress and not for real life use anyway.

Same here…… :+1: … Pretty much a BIG W o w Toy. :slight_smile:
Something to play with, with maybe an ocassional more serious use. :wink:

Anyone that can do the calculations with that optofire lens ?

What do you want to calculate?

The metal balls you linked to are made of stainless steel. Stainless steel doesn’t reflect the blue part of the spectrum very much. The blue light is what makes the phosphor of the LED brighter when reflected back. Don’t expect more than 20-30% gain. This also requires a high degree of precision so it’s a bit of work actually.
Wavien collars are coated glass reflectors that reflects >=95% of the LEDs light (including as much blue).

So… anyone up to contacting a reflector manufacturer, see if they could make wavien collars? After all, they are basically an upside down reflector, right?

$130 is a hard pill to swallow just to get a wavien collar.

Well yes, they are upside down reflectors, but not parabolic like in flashlights. They are spherical reflectors.

I really don’t think that would create a problem for a manufacturer, but yes. It’s basically half a circle with a reflector inside and a hole at the top.

There still are patents, but perhaps not for China? :innocent:

Patents in China? I really don’t think that term translates.

And really, is half a circle with a shiny coating inside. They can just sell them as reflectors instead of light recycling technology.

I’d be up for a groupbuy, if someone organized it. I would organize it myself, but I live on Spain, and most people here live on the US, so shipping would be a nightmare for me, and much more expensive.

I’m sure at least 100 of the guys buying a GT would be able and willing to modify it with a wavien collar, and the 120mm lens mentioned a few posts back.

Isn’t it possible to coat ss with another,better reflecting metal,chemically?