[PART 1] Official BLF GT Group Buy thread. Group buy officially closed! Lights shipping.

Disclaimer: this is just a personal opinion not necessarily mean to discredit the efforts of others.

2 × 4 × 18650s? Narsil? In a flashlight this size and cost, another steam engine driver?
You did it again, don't you? You forgot installing at least one big honking inductor inside…

This would have been an excellent oportunity to make use of a powerful boost driver, enjoying fully regulated continuous modes.
Don't worry, I wouldn't have bought it anyway, emitter's CRI is too low. ;-)
Bragging toy shelf queen class I guess. :-D

Cheers ^:)

It’s a buck driver, not a ‘DD steam engine’.

Please put me on the list for one. I can’t resist anymore. :wink:
It really looks fantastic so far. I’m still waiting for my two Q8 lights. Should arrive next week…
:slight_smile:

Nice. :-)

To be expected anyway, a 4 × 2 × 18650 DD setup would have smoked the emitter in a blink, I believe.

Where is the technical discussion thread for this flashlight?

This is the cell I'd go with for this torch: Samsung ICR18650-30B

Good capacity, highest voltage output cells, high energy output at low to moderate loads. Look:

At an average load of 1.5A per cell, average driver's power input would be 14.4+V × 3A = 43.2W, which should be enough to drive the XHP35 at 3A…

Cheers :-)

P.S.: actual cell differences are slightly closer because the 30B was tested on the old station.

Please put me on the list

Cool! we really need good boost drivers, so where can I find your design for it? You are doing boost from ?V to 12V? Please do a 2.5-4.2V to 6V and the elusive 0.9-1.5V to 3V.
:+1: So nice to see this going without it taking lots of time from people involved in the Q8/GT/FW3A!
Cheers right back at you!

Got a link to said thread?

If you build it Barkuti, and it WORKS……they WILL come…… and buy it……… so get with it! :+1:

Put me down for 2. Please re-post how to make down payments, there are a lot of posts to wade through otherwise. thank you!

Len Z

The info is in the OP, when time comes you’ll get a PM with further instructions.

I was here when you joined. I got here to support sb56637 when he got fed up with CPF. :sunglasses:

1,290,000 CD Flashlight (non-aspherical)

Can I still get onboard the group buy for the GT. I yes, how?

Ha nice, user 4, atually you are the first BLFer (SB being 1, administrator being 2 (also SB)
that is cool man!

You just did :slight_smile:
will update thelistlater
Welcome to BLF!

Interested! Please send link.

I’m already on the list for the GT but this sounds great!

Warm-white emitter, high CRI, huge reflector, and long runtimes!

Probably runs hot. :partying_face:

What emitter will LT use on GT ? I mean , i know it will be a NW xhp35 hi , but will it be a top bin ?

Ok I’m new to this but I can’t pass this light up. Wanted to see if I could get in on this

As I remember, TA changed Led in his GT to neutral white unknown bin…
That’s why VoB video and pictures look so good …
Original from Lumintop prototype was quite ugly CW and bluish at least to my eyes… In MrsDNF pictures

So we really need to get highest bin NW for best results :+1:

The XHP35 HI E4-3C is really nice! :wink: :+1:

Richard used to carry them, they are hard to come by now! :frowning:

That’s why i asked , the highest bin emitter , like a E4 3C would be awesome !